No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spam my Quarian Infiltrator on Gold, Firebase White, vs. Geth. It's an easy way to get around 70,000 credits. Just keep Sabotaging the geth, let them shoot the shit out of each other, cloak yourself and pick the rest of them off with a sniper rifle from a distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reston View Post
      A lot of the stuff you found on the disc is left there because EA wants it there for DLC. They know this game was going to sell a lot and they want to make a cash flow of revenue off of the DLC. I know there is going to be a Omega DLC with you and Aria, there is supposed to be another with your LI going on and doing stuff just you and that person since the game didn't really focus too much on it, and I know they have something planned where Shepard gets trapped in a jungle and deals with an alien species and you need to hold off for Alliance to come rescue you.

And here is an extended cut of what is on the disc, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booBmcFw_Lk (which goes with EDIT 2).
      I know, I dug through the majority of the files and found other ones relating to future DLC and I had already seen a few different versions of the scripts (including some fake ones BioWare leaked out previously after a leak of a version closer to the final version of the game came around). To the point of I knew we were supposed to have a more varied ending, also considering the loyalty endings in ME2 and as an overall collection of the variables on top of supposed to have enough items and the like within the game to get the "best" ending without having to do the multiplayer but the entire Galaxy At War thing is broken and the factor of some of the dialogue and the like remaining in the game.

On top of finding the language variations within the game, such as some German audio and what seems to be a Polish language test or two, a German one and a few others despite the regional language variants being scrapped as well.

It's just a complete and utter cop out and I'm extremely disappointed in this.

Later on in the day, I'm probably going to look through the model and texture files to see what else was left in place considering a fairly large amount of audio, music and the like have all been left in but considering that the main VAs have essentially recorded 40,000 lines of dialogue each and that there's not even that, I had dumped about 26,000 lines of dialogue with some sound effects mixed in but a large portion of those were the combat grunts instead of actual dialogue and how there were the plot changes and the like - to me, it looks like BioWare may have struggled to get the game released, EA pushed them because they know with or without the game being complete they can just dump the rest of the game out for $10, $15 DLC sections on top of all of the extra pieces going along with items from the BioWare store.

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
      Spoiler:
      Inferno,

Spoiler:
      sigpic
      Non-blurry Signature Version
      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• For what it's worth, someone on facebook has been keeping track of curious official ME tweets:

User 1: "I still want to believe you guys are sneaky trolls and have something going on you don't tell us yet. Can I get a cryptic reply?"
        @masseffect: "The sun, it shines. www.youtube.com/watch"

User 2: "You are either a massive sadist or a beacon of hope."
        @masseffect: "Can't it be both?"

User 3: "I kinda feel lost after that ending...not what I expected and left me feeling everything done was for nothing."
        @masseffect: "We know it's a lot to take in! But hang in there. Your decisions matter."

User 4: "Are you holding something back, that could quell the large amount of frustration from the community, a tiny hint would be enough."
        @masseffect: "Mike Gamble already said on his twitter, if the fans knew what was in store, the reaction would be different."

User 5: "I loved 98% of ME3..but something has to be up w/ ending..too much talent at BW for that business. Keep my saves?"
        @masseffect: "We're keeping our saves, that's for sure."

So I think it's safe to assume that there is going to be something that takes place after the ending.

Comment

For what it's worth, someone on facebook has been keeping track of curious official ME tweets:

User 1: "I still want to believe you guys are sneaky trolls and have something going on you don't tell us yet. Can I get a cryptic reply?"
          @masseffect: "The sun, it shines. www.youtube.com/watch"

User 2: "You are either a massive sadist or a beacon of hope."
          @masseffect: "Can't it be both?"

User 3: "I kinda feel lost after that ending...not what I expected and left me feeling everything done was for nothing."
          @masseffect: "We know it's a lot to take in! But hang in there. Your decisions matter."

User 4: "Are you holding something back, that could quell the large amount of frustration from the community, a tiny hint would be enough."
          @masseffect: "Mike Gamble already said on his twitter, if the fans knew what was in store, the reaction would be different."

User 5: "I loved 98% of ME3..but something has to be up w/ ending..too much talent at BW for that business. Keep my saves?"
          @masseffect: "We're keeping our saves, that's for sure."

So I think it's safe to assume that there is going to be something that takes place after the ending.
          Which would be the content they removed from the game that we're already aware of is what I would say.

Despite that, the endings were a joke and if they wanted to leave it open then they didn't even really need to go over some of the crap at the end to get to that point.
          sigpic

Comment

• I hear you on that. And here is another image, http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4...1693407641.jpg

So hopefully there is hope yet for a more "realistic" ending and it's been sort of leaked they have an announcement at the end of this month but they want to wait till enough people beat the game before they say anything. Time will tell.

Comment

I hear you on that. And here is another image, http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4...1693407641.jpg

So hopefully there is hope yet for a more "realistic" ending and it's been sort of leaked they have an announcement at the end of this month but they want to wait till enough people beat the game before they say anything. Time will tell.
              Oh Reston, you don't have to show me visual evidence from the Codex. I remember the majority of the Codex entries off the top of my head which is why I had that wall of text rant in regard as to why I found the ending and the general plot devices used a bit ridiculous.

Spoiler:

Also, I ripped roughly 111 or so music pieces out of the files - including the ones labeled as Omega. I haven't perfected all of the names to where they are all used in the game as of yet but I could upload them in an MP3 format for people as I'm unsure as to whether or not we'll get further soundtrack releases - as Sam Hulick has uploaded some full versions of songs he created for Mass Effect 3 due to the full versions not being used or released within the actual soundtrack bonus.

Though, one of the Omega tracks is actually from the ME2 Arrival DLC. I'm not really surprised as songs like the Citadel, Presidium, The Wards, the Eden Prime music, some music from Noveria and other ones were reused either completely as-is or were heavily distorted. But these are essentially scattered through the audio files.

[Edit]

Some Mass Effect Datapad app screens, in the spoiler tag because there's some spoilers and the image is somewhat large. The background piece switches around. Initially it had Citadel but it changed to Thessia on me.

Spoiler:

You can send out fleets and play the waiting game, but you can also upgrade and modify shields, speed and so-on so it goes to your war effort on the map.

The app does have sound effects and the main Codex contains the voice over.

Also found the Omega-4 Relay, Omega and a few other things floating around in files in 3. Left over stuff from 2, but some of it is actually in a higher resolution than 2.

As well as an interesting file title for around the end of the game in Mass Effect 3...

Spoiler:

I personally find it interesting considering the whole script differences and the like.
              Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-14-2012, 04:31 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• My reaction to the Mass Effect 3 ending:

See you in hell.

Comment

• Damn =/ Yeah it was a really bad ending to a trilogy upto the ending the game was solid, I couldn't find a thing wrong minus a few glitches and then after all that decision making we are given 3 choices and that is it... Luckily I didn't/haven't started with my actual Shepard and after using a temp one I made I won't until Bioware fix this game, screw the from ashes dlc I want closure I want to know that all my decisions actually had any impact on the story whatsoever not no here is 3 choices pick one =/....

Comment

• @ Spencer,

I think this picture does more justice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tMms4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	400937

@ Enetirnel,

Oh my bad, it wasn't meant to be directed at you personally. I was just offering up information in general for everyone to see in case they're confused as to the ending and the indoctrination theory.

However going on what you were talking about with the Omega DLC,

Spoiler:

All I want to see is my Volus bombers and Elcor tanks!

Comment

• Did we deserve better?

Casey Hudson is inclined to disagree!

But Casey Hudson, the leading producer working on the game at BioWare, has no regrets about how the game turned out and stands by the choices made by his team.

Speaking to Digital Trends, the developer stated, “I didn’t want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people – debating what the endings mean and what’s going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in.”

Hudson believes that a clear cut ending would eliminate the need for gamers to talk about it and explore possible ramifications while the narrative that BioWare has created for Mass Effect has always included mystery and interpretation.
                      Problem is, the reason WHY we're debating the ending is because we're trying to justify why it's such a copout. I appreciate the indoctrination theory but to me it sounds like die-hard fans trying desperately to justify an ending that is without meaning or purpose.
                      Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-14-2012, 09:49 AM.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

• I read that over at Bioware forums a few days ago. From what they are saying, the members at least, that the interview was actually made before the game was launched but it wasn't allowed to be released till after it was out. However if I find more info on it, I'll pass it along.
                        Last edited by Reston; 03-14-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• I will break into Casey Hudson's home...and eat his cereal. That'll show him.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_lwdifex6S21r3i40io1_500.png
Views:	1
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	400938

EA would be stupid not to listen. Especially since I hear Retake ME3 has made over 30,000 dollars for that charity fund.

EDIT: This is an article that basically sums up as to WHY the fans do deserve better. It's a good read. When you eat his cereal, make him read this.

Last edited by Reston; 03-14-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• I still think that EA are accountable for a lot of this nonsense, I'm of the impression that the game plan was changed mid-way through development. Now Casey Hudson has to try and justify the reasoning behind this. The indoctrination theory is good but fans should be careful, BioWare might take the idea and claim it as their own and that they were intending for it all along, if only to dodge a bullet.

And in response to your Garrus:

See you in hell.

Comment

• I agree with you, 100%.

And in response to the cyborg Robin:

Comment

Working...
                                X