No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One day, Reston. One day you'll have a productive and satisfying day at work, you'll return home to your apartment or home. You'll hug the kids on your way in, give the wife a kiss upon her lips, then you'll head into the kitchen, reach into the cupboards...

See you in hell.

Comment

• LOL. Good thing i eat oatmeal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mass-effect-joke.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	400941
      Last edited by Reston; 03-14-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reston View Post
        I agree with you, 100%.

And in response to the cyborg Robin:

http://i.imgur.com/xjXdX.png
        If this is real...it's an opportunity for complete and total redemption by BioWare...and also one of the greatest trolling stories of all time.

Comment

• "This plot device was hiding on Mars for thirty years, and what have the Alliance done with it? Nothing!"

Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-14-2012, 02:06 PM.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• Spoiler:
            Last edited by aris13; 03-14-2012, 02:14 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-14-2012, 02:32 PM.
              See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reston View Post
                @ Spencer,

I think this picture does more justice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6238[/ATTACH]

@ Enetirnel,

Oh my bad, it wasn't meant to be directed at you personally. I was just offering up information in general for everyone to see in case they're confused as to the ending and the indoctrination theory.

However going on what you were talking about with the Omega DLC,

Spoiler:

All I want to see is my Volus bombers and Elcor tanks!
                Yeah, there's markers in the files that essentially the Omega DLC looks like it's sharing the same audio files (music, some sound effects - though I also heard a reused track from the Arrival DLC) with the Jon Grissom Academy and there's what should be larger archives containing voice acting, sound effects and the like but those haven't been left in (Shepard ones I'm talking about). Most likely to help fill up the DLC download.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Reston View Post
                I agree with you, 100%.

And in response to the cyborg Robin:

http://i.imgur.com/xjXdX.png
                As for that tidbit, there were multiple leaks but what added onto the script leaks with the multiple fakes that were leaked out by BioWare themselves was that the artbooks were shipped out to suppliers early and those all confirmed the initial script leak so they really should have gotten their publisher to ensure the books would be sealed for the shelf so that a nosy staff member couldn't open them up, take photos or scans and confirm the initial leaks.

Whole thing was just handled really quite stupidly.

And Spencer, no more cereal.
                Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-14-2012, 05:49 PM.
                sigpic
                Non-blurry Signature Version
                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I'm only about halfway through thus far, but the game just feels incomplete. Exploring the galaxy just isn't interesting anymore. I can't really explain it; while the Mako sequences and planet scanning in ME1 and ME2 got tedious after a while, ME3's galaxy just feels flat in comparison. There's hardly any side missions, and when you do get one, it's about five minutes long (they were short in ME2, as well, but there were more of them). Hell, you can't even get into conversations with most people anymore - you just overhear them and "missions" pop up. Most of these simply require you to fire your pulse while exploring a system, which triggers the annoying-as-hell reaper squads. It's not fun; it's frustrating.

ME3 just feels so massively dumbed-down from ME2 (which was massively dumbed-down from ME1). This reeks of one of those situations where you buy 50% of the game retail and the other half as DLC, so in the end you're spending ~$100 on one game. Hell, ME2 pretty much did it, and the DLC crisis is only getting worse. And we all know that the DLC was made well in advance and should have been part of the retail version. But as long as dumbass kids keep using their parents' credit cards to buy DLC, this will be the future of gaming.

This may be a stupid question, but after I beat the game, can I continue playing (like in ME2)?
                  Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 03-14-2012, 06:39 PM.
                  Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• ^ Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                      I'm only about halfway through thus far, but the game just feels incomplete. Exploring the galaxy just isn't interesting anymore. I can't really explain it; while the Mako sequences and planet scanning in ME1 and ME2 got tedious after a while, ME3's galaxy just feels flat in comparison. There's hardly any side missions, and when you do get one, it's about five minutes long (they were short in ME2, as well, but there were more of them). Hell, you can't even get into conversations with most people anymore - you just overhear them and "missions" pop up. Most of these simply require you to fire your pulse while exploring a system, which triggers the annoying-as-hell reaper squads. It's not fun; it's frustrating.

ME3 just feels so massively dumbed-down from ME2 (which was massively dumbed-down from ME1). This reeks of one of those situations where you buy 50% of the game retail and the other half as DLC, so in the end you're spending ~$100 on one game. Hell, ME2 pretty much did it, and the DLC crisis is only getting worse. And we all know that the DLC was made well in advance and should have been part of the retail version. But as long as dumbass kids keep using their parents' credit cards to buy DLC, this will be the future of gaming.

This may be a stupid question, but after I beat the game, can I continue playing (like in ME2)?
                      You might say 50%, but I'd have to say to me it personally feels like 15% of an actual game to me.

I did everything but one sidequest and I took my time and it barely took me 40 hours (with stretching out quests and so-on) to get through it and it was mostly boring to do. Boring, a little bit of a pain in the ass with the Reapers but my problem is with all the fucking glitches in the game.

75% of the time in the main game, I can't go down ladders or drop of edges where ladders are unlike in the demo and multiplayer.

That made it feel even worse. Another part is, I've already paid over $100 for the game itself and I know that the general DLC pricing was like $10 to $15 (if I recall Shadow Broker being about $15).
                      sigpic

Comment

• To be fair, it felt the longest to me. My ME1 run took 26 hours, my ME2 run 28 hours, and ME3 took 30+ hours. I thought it was actually the game with the most content.

It's really only the ending (and the galaxy map thing) that piss me off.
                        A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• You did good, child. You did GOOD.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• Essentially my reaction to Mass Effect 3 in video form...

It's just ARGH/shouting inducing to me as the thing makes no fucking sense the more I think about it or dig through files or re-read leaks and the like.

(But yes, intentionally being a bit over-dramatic as I know a couple of other people will have a chuckle over this - Fiona and the combined factor of my own FemShep being a blonde).
                              Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-15-2012, 08:54 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X