• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I finally beat the game.

Spoiler:

Comment

• BioWare again responds:

We appreciate all the feedback about Mass Effect 3. Keep on posting - We’re listening.

More on Facebook:

We appreciate everyone’s feedback about Mass Effect 3 and want you to know that we are listening. Please note, we want to give people time to experience the game so while we can’t get into specifics right now, we will be able to address some of your questions once more people have had time to complete the game.

I think it's pretty clear that BioWare has something big up their sleeves, i.e. the rumored 'The Truth' DLC.

Also...

Galaxy at War multiplayer was almost an FPS.

BioWare's Montreal studio was developing a competitive first-person shooter called Mass Effect Team Assault in 2010 before transforming that effort into the third-person multiplayer mode in Mass Effect 3, according to a new behind-the-scenes iPad app created by gaming journalist Geoff Keighley.

Last edited by Vector; 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• I wish galaxy at war had being an fps especially on pc I does like my fps in the unreal engine, although knowing me I would be looking at the environments rather than anything.

And I also hope bioware do give us a decent ending if they do give us DLC IMO the endings should factor into what path you took so Paragon,renegade or neutral (taking only the options from ME1 and 2 obviously) and also take into consideration what you did event wise and who lived or died (So sparing Wrex in ME1 rather than killing him would add more points to the paragon option etc) that way instead of it being Spoiler:
        your choices are taken into consideration like it was originally intended to be.
        Last edited by DXP; 03-16-2012, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• Damn it! One of my friend just finished the game and spoiled most of the endings by accident...he didn't know I'm still in the early stages of ME2.

The endings...Everyone has the right to be pissed imo...What's the whole point of making choices if it doesn't change a thing in the end, plus it's bad enough it was promised that they would provide closure and be different from one another. I think they were just lazy...it seems to be happening to every trilogy where the last game seems rushed and mainstreamed to the point of dropping the quality at it's highest and most important point.

Look at Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Halo 3, Mass Effect 3, etc.

I don't even want to think about Dead Space 3 (rumored to be in the works). 3rd entries seem to be cursed....

I guess it's all about what Arnold says:

"Triquels make so much more a lot of money! Blahghhzshwdaaew!"

Not like I cared about the ending that much...but I'll buy the game eventually, after I beat Mass Effect 2.

Comment

• Dino Crisis 3, Star Ocean 3, Fable III...

The curse goes on!
            See you in hell.

Comment

• Resident Evil 3 was pretty good, it just inspired a lot of shit (Apocalypse, ORC)

Comment

• Tekken 3 is also an exception to the rule, but the number of poor third games is greater than those that were actually decent.
                See you in hell.

Comment

• Metroid Prime 3 was pretty good (if a lot easier than the first two). Though I'm not a fan, Gears 3 was fine. God of War III was especially good, as I seem to recall. Mortal Kombat 3 was up to snuff too.

Are there even that many third games? I haven't played all that many, anyway.
                  Last edited by DarkMemories; 03-16-2012, 10:46 AM.
                  A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• I didn't think God of War 3 was as good as God of War 2, personally. Gears of War 3 was definitely the best of the trilogy. Uncharted 3 doesn't hold a candle to Uncharted 2. Resistance 3 was pretty weak, too.

I would mention Killzone 3, now that I think about it, but I didn't particularly care for any of them to begin with.
                    Last edited by Archelon; 03-16-2012, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Metal Gear Solid 3--SNAKE EEATTER!!!

(Broke the curse, I mean)
                      sigpic

Comment

• Honestly, at this point I'd rather listen to Harbinger on loop than suffer through ME3's "multiple" endings again.

THIS HURTS YOU.

Yes, yes it does.

Comment

• Ok...I get it...I didn't like the endings either, but this pissing and moaning is beginning to get annoying. Everybody has every right to be pissed with what happened(I certainly am) but the constant complaining is getting annoying. I'm also well aware of how cryptic BioWare is being about the future of the series, and with all these DLC rumors floating around, I'm not ready to give up on ME3 just yet. I truly believe that there's more to be seen and done from the endings we got. I don't think it's over yet.

Comment

• What I can't understand is why the ending alone is enough to make people hate the game as a whole. Even if you didn't care for the ending, if you had a blast playing the rest of the game up to that point, isn't that what's most important? How does the ending in any way negate the fun you had up to that point? It doesn't make any sense to me.

What's more important? The journey? Or the destination?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
                              Ok...I get it...I didn't like the endings either, but this pissing and moaning is beginning to get annoying. Everybody has every right to be pissed with what happened(I certainly am) but the constant complaining is getting annoying. I'm also well aware of how cryptic BioWare is being about the future of the series, and with all these DLC rumors floating around, I'm not ready to give up on ME3 just yet. I truly believe that there's more to be seen and done from the endings we got. I don't think it's over yet.
                              Have you seen the final hours app? That pretty much seals the deal that they actually thought this was a good idea (and that they waited until the last minute).

But we can shift gears, sure. How about the annoying Reapers in the galaxy map? The journal that never properly updates when you acquire items for side quests? The fact that you have to play multiplayer to achieve 100% galactic readiness (and for an achievement)?

ME3 has more problems than just the ending, as you can see, but the ending matters so much more that you can understand if we're focusing on that for the time being.

But I'll say something positive:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Archelon, have you played the game (or the series) and finished it? Effectively, the ending renders the entire series unplayable (for me and a lot of others). It even turned me off gaming in general for a few days.

Both the journey and the destination are equally important. A mind-blowing journey is great, but a lackluster, nonsensical destination renders it pointless. Likewise, an unbelievely emotional and meaningful destination is good, but it lacks impact if the journey sucked.

EDIT 2: Analogy Time:

Imagine you're having the most epic sex of your life. You're just about to reach the climax when suddenly she stops, runs to the bathroom, and returns with a pair of scissors. She says that you can finish, but only after she cuts one of your balls off.
                              Last edited by DarkMemories; 03-16-2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                                EDIT: Archelon, have you played the game (or the series) and finished it? Effectively, the ending renders the entire series unplayable (for me and a lot of others). It even turned me off gaming in general for a few days.

Both the journey and the destination are equally important. A mind-blowing journey is great, but a lackluster, nonsensical destination renders it pointless. Likewise, an unbelievely emotional and meaningful destination is good, but it lacks impact if the journey sucked.
                                I don't understand this logic. At all.

How does a lackluster resolution render the entire experience pointless? It doesn't. It just means it has a lackluster resolution.

I have played plenty of games with terrible endings, final boss battles, etc, but that doesn't stop me from playing through the game again if I really enjoyed it up until the end, and it certainly doesn't make me dislike an entire series because of one bad game (or in this case, a good game with a bad ending). If that was the case, I would have stopped liking Resident Evil games a long time ago.

Look at movie trilogies as an example. Spider-Man 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand were terrible movies, but that in no way prevents me from still enjoying the first two movies in both series. In fact, I enjoy them just as much as I did before I saw the third films.

Comment

Working...
                                X