No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reston and a few others, glad you got a laugh out of the Demento video.

I saw this but I forgot to post it up (clearly SPOILERS) Dev discusses Mass Effect 3 ending including recording sessions being delayed so they could actually get around to finishing the dialog among other crap.

To the point, that they hadn't even finished writing or recording, animating by August and that the delay took them into November.

Funny considering their original plan was to have the game late 2010, early 2011. Then late 2011.... They missed that date and they eventually released it this year.

You'd think that getting the script down would have been one of the first priorities since they had the Mass Effect 3 engine down and working on the PlayStation 3 release of Mass Effect 2, but I've seen that ME3 on the PS3 can be completely unfuckingplayable despite that factor.

So, engine is done. Script STILL NOT DONE A YEAR ON.

Seems like a lot of fucking time and effort was put purely into the marketing.

ALSO, BioWare now attempting to backstep on the statement of "No, we won't change the Mass Effect 3 ending. Someone misspoke on the account."

Ahahaha, not forgetting the EA/BioWare PR Damage Control Topic.

Every link has spoilers. SO.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-19-2012, 06:47 AM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• A true patriot.

A good number of things about ME3 feel rushed. The side missions (of which there aren't many) essentially consist of single-player variants of multiplayer maps, you do the exact same thing that you do in multiplayer. Would I like to see closure for the game? Definitely. But I feel as though it won't be enough to fix all of ME3's issues.
      Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-19-2012, 07:09 AM.
      See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• I like what Angry Joe says,

Instead of making a choice, just stand there and watch my war fleet fight against your reapers until one side emerges victorious.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          http://www.vgrevolution.com/2012/03/...-starts-today/ - So, who wants to be the fourth person for Spencer, BadWolf X and I?
          We had some great matches between us. I enjoyed those desperate final stands where we're on the verge of getting overwhelmed, yet we held the line. We held.
          Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-19-2012, 11:50 AM.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• You did, anyway. In three or four different matches the entire team went down bar Spencer's Salarian Infiltrator. Often with a ton of cannibals, a Banshee and a Brute wandering around. So one by one, cloaking, sniping, repeat he takes them all down. It's epic to watch.

Comment

• I can solo Geth and Cerberus on bronze, without using guns. Reapers I can also except for the banshee who ruins my tactic with cheap grabbing instadeath moves.
              Last edited by Dracarys; 03-19-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                I can solo Geth and Cerberus on bronze, without using guns. Reapers I can also except for the banshee who ruins my tactic with cheap grabbing instadeath moves.
                Wow. I tend to die occasionally even in Bronze. With guns. And friends. You playing a Human Vanguard by any chance? I've seen a lot of them taking out the chunk of a level solo with the Biotic Charge/Nova combo.

Comment

• Yes human vanguard, between Biotic Charge making you invincible and restoring shields fully, then hitting Nova (invincible again) once after charge hits you kill most things, the trick is to get the upgrade that reduces Nova damage but does not deplete shields entirely, use it once and it should kill whatever charge did not, if you got some heat on you hit it again but roll before doing the animation fully, you'll still be invincible and just bought yourself space and time...time for another charge to do it all again, and again, and again. You can just abuse this against brutes or atlus mchs and walk away unharmed, Geth Pyros too, pretty much anything...except a Banshee.
                  Last edited by Dracarys; 03-19-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, a lot of folk are pointing out how potent the combo is. Myself, I play a Drell Vanguard, when I go Vanguard. Pretty much for that reason. I got fed up of finding I had earned about 20 points while the Vanguard, who I only saw killing whatever I was just shooting at, had enough a six digit score. It felt like we were simply there to go pick him up when he charged something that did manage to kill him. Plus, it was annoying as hell getting less points and experience for 20 minutes of play than five in a normal game, where I actually occasionally killed what I shot at rather than having a biotic blur do it for me.

I kid you not, two other players and I ended up just standing in the drop site, only going off when the Vanguard got killed...and no, we didn't bother reviving him. It was the only way we actually got to play on that level.

Comment

• Yeah it has caused me to recieve a few nasty messages on PSN. That is a Vangaurd though, high risk, high reward. They suck for pretty much everything else so if they try and nerf either charge or Nova the class will never be used again.

Also, I sometimes charge outside the map.

Comment

• My Shepard is a Vanguard, though in multiplayer I'm an Infiltrator. Well, STG operative.
                        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-19-2012, 08:37 PM.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• I unlocked Salarian infiltrator...for 4 Spectre packs in a row.

I dislike how the MP unlocks things. Saving up for a random chance is BS.

Comment

• Dracarys, haha at that image.

I would do Vanguard in multiplayer, I'm just fed up with charging through the map and then falling into the abyss in the main game and that NONE OF THE PACKS GIVE ME ANYTHING BUT INFILTRATORS.

All I've unlocked is - Turian soldier, Salarian Infiltrator & Quarian Infiltrator. The Turian came from the first freebie pack, I've gotten NOTHING but Infiltrators OR doubles of weapons I already have in multiplayer out of the packs. Talk about a way to piss me off with it's randomization. DX

I can do Bronze Geth/Reaper/Cerberus by myself, it's just the last Banshee screws me over. I usually end up doing what Spencer does at the end, but I'd rather not get a Banshee glitch up behind me when I'm using a sniper rifle so I ditched that and went to pistol and an assault rifle. I keep making minefield sections where each of the enemies would spawn nearby so if I need to cloak and loop around a map to get away from a Banshee, it makes it much easier for me to do.

Though, my favorite map to do is Noveria and Cerberus. Fun, fun.

I've admittedly had a few people votekick me for going on mic and saying "I held the line!"... It wouldn't be so bad if you know, people didn't go "Oh look, a giant monster (Brute). I just have to hug it because it looks so cute and cuddl-SQUADMATE IS DOWN"...

I still find it weird that I keep surviving through to the end, until someone stuffs me over by not helping with the timer, or they lure a Banshee or something and I just happened to decloak at a bad time. I don't really play many multiplayer games so I have to say I do really find it surprising.
                            Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-19-2012, 10:45 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Since you guys all take the time out of your day to "retake Mass Effect" and shit all over the endings, have you taken the time out to watch this video?

YouTube video:

The most cohesive, well-thought out and well-presented argument to date.
                              Last edited by Vector; 03-19-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• I've seen it, I know Spencer has seen it as well.

And I have to post this, I can't believe how fucking broken the cutscenes are.

Spoiler:

Chakwas having a herp-derp moment on me right before she walks RIGHT THROUGH the wall and then flies back into the room in a t-pose and THEN teleports magically into her seat.

I also had to turn off dynamic shading as the transparency on the hair textures totally fucks up, the shadows/lighting still sucks badly. Might have to get one of the mods going or retweak my gc's settings.
                                Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-20-2012, 02:19 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X