No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I died at the Buzz Aldrin part. It's a shame that I actually hate Buzz Aldrin now.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• The good thing about the ending was the illusive mans death it felt good to finally nail that son of a bitch !! but from that momment on it turned shit.
      Last edited by rehunk88; 04-03-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• BioWare Announces Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BioWare, a Label of Electronic Arts Inc. announced Mass Effect™ 3: Extended Cut, a downloadable content pack that will expand upon the events at the end of the critically acclaimed Action RPG. Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes. Coming this summer, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will be available for download on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC for no extra charge*.

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...3-Extended-Cut

So, any thoughts? I want to have hope for something good to come out of this but the fact we need this in the first place stops me from having any.
        Last edited by alexdz; 04-05-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Frankly? I'm just happy we'll be getting a fixed ending... assuming this is true, and also that it fixes things.

Comment

• I read the blog. They're doing fuck-all. Nobody wanted "clarity" for the Starchild's circular logic. They wanted player choice to matter, for endings to actually depend on what you've done, for the sixteen endings to actually be different rather three flavors of "fuck you" to the fans.

I am not optimistic and I have no faith in Bioware at this point.

And frankly, I think Dragon Age 3 just completely flew off my radar.
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• I'm both happy and worried about this. I'm glad that they're addressing concerns and are gonna give us more closure. However, I also have a bad feeling that they're somehow going to fuck this up. From what it sounds like, they're just adding onto the ending with probably silent cutscenes with no voices and an epilogue. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong though. I really do think they should just go with the indoctrination theory at this point. It'd make SO much sense and be brilliant.

I'll be going to PAX East this Friday however, so I'm sure questions shall be asked at their panel.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                I read the blog. They're doing fuck-all. Nobody wanted "clarity" for the Starchild's circular logic. They wanted player choice to matter, for endings to actually depend on what you've done, for the sixteen endings to actually be different rather three flavors of "fuck you" to the fans.

I am not optimistic and I have no faith in Bioware at this point.

And frankly, I think Dragon Age 3 just completely flew off my radar.
                Same here. That's just... bullshit. I'm sorry but both EA and Bioware won't get another cent from my wallet (with current economics that's easy to do LOL). I know disappointment, I'm a Resident Evil fan, but this is way too much.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Comment

• I'm done with this whole retake movement and I'm done with BioWare. They'll get no more of my money, they've once again missed the point. There's no point in debating it any more because you'll always get apologists whining about us being self-entitled. So I'm done with the series, as painful as that is to say.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• for no extra charge
                      Would love to see the reaction if they tried to charge for it.

Have to see how this ends up but from the sounds of it they are keeping the existing ending and just adding to it. If they try and pull BS like just showing Joker picking up crewmates from the planet to end the complaint about them somehow being on the ship and similar for other situations it isn't going to fix what is wrong with the ending, neither will text epilogues.

If they do go with an indoctrination theory I hope it starts when Spoiler:

I do not put much faith in this though, the said the ME1 comic the PS3 version of ME2 got would fill in the blanks of ME1 and give you its choices, you pick about 6 things only and one is trivial crap like who gets put on human council. Geth are not even mentioned. I'd have prefered a text checklist to make some real choices.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Like I said, the entire point of the retake movement and for most of the fans out there is that they want what was promised. Sixteen different endings, our choices mattering in the end. If all they're doing is clarifying the fact that we've all been railroaded into this single conclusion, then they've missed the point. Chances are this 'Extended Cut' will be a bridge to future DLC, it'll provide not closure but an opening for the series to continue.

Basically, this Extended Cut will be dealt with quickly, rushed out the door to appease the "minority" who were displeased just so they can clear things up and get on with plugging DLC and selling us more crap. BioWare will want to place as little attention on this as possible at PAX, so I'm expecting them to talk more about Dragon Age III or something along those lines. They'll want to try and distance themselves from the controversy as much as possible.

But to paraphrase Wrex when (if, rather) Shepard sabotages the Genophage, "WE KNOW...WHAT YOU DID!"
                        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-05-2012, 04:46 PM.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• Apparently ME3 ending talk is banned at PAX.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• I guess all we can do is wait for Mass Effect 3: The Final Cut.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              Apparently ME3 ending talk is banned at PAX.
                              But isn't the whole point of the ending for people to talk about it? I thought that was the whole point of making an unfinished ending in three flavours (which all turn out to be vanilla).

Comment

• Not if you disagree with BioWare! Then it's banned. But you're free to praise them.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X