No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the people who enjoy the novels in-between the games here, the fourth book has been anounced.

In MASS EFFECT: DECEPTION, Gillian was once the subject of horrifying scientific experiments, but now, after her rescue, she is beginning to master her amazing powers. When she falls under the sway of a radical group who believe their powers make them superior to ordinary humans, she finds herself faced with a choice between her destiny…and her humanity.
    Books have been very solid so far so I can't wait for this to be released.

Comment

May issue of Game Informer:

Comment

^Nice. Also a mass effect anime film is in the works
        sigpic

Comment

Anime film works well for me. Dead Space is using them to good effect.

Comment

GoTY 2011 bitches !

Comment

Info from Gameinformer

Confirmed squadmates: Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus (if he's alive) and... James Sanders... That must be the guy from the trailer, I don't remember.

Confirmed to appear, but not guaranteed as squaddies: Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson. Obviously, if they live.

The game will by default feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions with if starting from scratch.

The Illusive Man also plays a prominent role, and Cerberus is out to kill Shepard. Reason why is unknown at this point.

The RPG elements are being beefed up, not going back to ME1, but giving more freedom with the character skills. Skill trees will be larger, and powers will evolve several times instead of just once, offering even more freedom. Weapons are ME2 style, with a set list, but mods make a return, not in the ME1 style, but allowing you to swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes, and so on, which effect both the weapon's combat performance and its appearance.

All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now, but will have limited slots to carry them. Only the Soldier can carry all weapons at once. Probably means Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will be limited to two, and Vanguard and Infiltrator will have three.

Also mentioned: The game will have numerous endings, some good, some bad, and who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit can have a drastic effect on which are available.
              Credit goes to Neogaf
              Last edited by aris13; 04-08-2011, 01:40 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds tasty. I demand more Tali and Jack though.

Comment

Yeah boy, it's good to have my Ashley and Garrus combo back! Game's already best Mass Effect title out of the rest comfirmed.

Comment

The Illusive Man also plays a prominent role, and Cerberus is out to kill Shepard. Reason why is unknown at this point.
                    Won't be after me, I gave them the base.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Here's some poor images of the article, but the husks look much better now.

Comment

Here's hoping that James Sanders is that British fellow in the trailer.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

^According to Bioware he's not.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yessss, Liara! I can't wait to re-kindle the love with her. My Shepard tapped that fine alien ass til he couldn't anymore.

Comment

Just updating this quickly for update from the GI aticle now, and the rest of the images from the magazine.

1. Humans aren't the only species that can be Husk-ified.

2. ME3 begins with Earth's assault by the Reapers, and things don't look so good, but there's something that is a silver lining, that makes it look like it's actually possible to not lose against the reapers .

3. TIM has sent his top agents to take down Shepard, The combat is going to be much harder and melee attacks are going to have more focus.

4. Shooting specific armor parts can have certain effects, and the AI of the enemies will have them routing Shepard and will coordinate with each other

5. Battlefields are going to be a great deal larger, and combat will be very varied.

6. Enemy Weapons can be PICKED UP. Soldiers can carry all kinds of weapons, and other classes understandably less so.

7. There is a larger skill tree and RPG aspects are going to be more integrated.

8. Weapon Modding is a greenlight, with things like barrels and scopes

9. Modding your weapons will vastly affect their appearance and how they function in battle

10. So far the CONFIRMED SQUADMATES are: Ashley/Kaiden, Liara, Garrus, and James Sanders who is mentioned is an Alliance Marine

11. Species Loyalty cannot only get obtained via Quests

12. Levels will have ladders

13. Available Squadmates will still maintain a balance, if per say Garrus had not survived ME2's events

14. ME1's Decisions such as sparing the Rachni will have a grave impact in ME3

15. There's no railroad to the end of the game, there are multiple paths to take back Earth.

16. And most importantly, there is no concrete way to fight the Reapers. YOU decided which idea to take - but beware, there's red herrings and the plan to take back Earth will change as you go.

Now after seeing the E3 trailer, I am going to go on a media blackout with this game. This sounds like the perfect title out of the three in terms of gameplay for me. Can't wait.

And this nice little image to go with the Cerberus plot this time around. Such a fantastic setup.

Last edited by Zombie Fred; 04-10-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

3. TIM has sent his top agents to take down Shepard, The combat is going to be much harder and melee attacks are going to have more focus.
                                Kai Leng? I hope so!
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X