• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Custom action figures

Newest Customs
    2/18/2011: William Birkin G1 (re2) Pg.3 - post #41
    1/31/2011: Battlesuit Jill Valentine (RE5) pg.2 - post #28

1/6/2011: Leon Kennedy (RE2) - More Pics post #20 -
    12/23/2010: HUNK + More pictures (post #15)

Hey guys, I am a huge Resident Evil fan!! My favorite thing to do is to customize figures of the characters from the RE Universe. For anybody who doesn't know what customizing is, I basically take an action figure and change it to be something else. Sometimes a tiny bit of work is involved, and other times there is a lot of sculpting and other stuff involved. I work in the 6-7 inch scale, so they are maybe a little bit smaller than the NECA figs. I love the NECA figures, but wanted more articulation so they weren't like statues. I post my customs on other Forums, but I wanted to do it amidst other RE fans. Only a few people usually know who the characters are. I hope I am posting this in the right place and it is ok for me to do this, if not, let me know. And by all means, let me know what you think.

2 more pics on page 3 (post 41)!!

More pics of Jill on page 2 (post 28)!!!

Last edited by BDCdiesel; 02-18-2011, 06:31 PM. Reason: added Birkin G1

I've seen your re3 jill before, very nice. I must say, the chainsaw majini is awesome.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

The Barry figure is awesome!
      There's an RE figure thread, and someone has posted some custom stuff in there. You should check that out (mods might merge this one there too).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        The Barry figure is awesome!
        There's an RE figure thread, and someone has posted some custom stuff in there. You should check that out (mods might merge this one there too).
        I hope not, I have many more to add and it would be awkward adding them there since I would have no control over the thread title or anything. Thank you for the Barry compliment, I'm quite proud of him.

Comment

Barry is best done I think.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

What is involved exactly? Do you make custom casts and paint them or ??

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
              What is involved exactly? Do you make custom casts and paint them or ??
              We'll take Resident Evil 5 Chris for example. The one from NECA I disliked the lower body. So I took the parts from several other figures and combined them. Like the pelvis is from a TNA Scott Steiner figure. The Upper legs are from a TNA Senshi figure, and the lower from some random figure. Combined all the parts and sculpted (with apoxie Sculpt) in certain areas so they flowed together. Stripped Chris of all his accessories (including pockets, belts, pouches and seams) and glued them on these new lower legs and sanded and sculpted them smooth. The new lower body is a little bit small for the Neca Chris so I had to dremel some areas on the NECA Chris to make it smaller, like his lats and love-handle area and trimmed his shoulders. added some extra articulation in his hands so they could turn and pivot ,Repainted the whole thing and called him good.

Now William Birkin there, is about 85% sculpted on top of another figure. I took what I could from the Toy Biz WB.

For the mostpart, every one I do is "Chris level". I take what I can from official RE figs and add them to other "combined figures". Sometimes it's moderate work, other times it is a load of work.

If people take an interest I'll post full recipes for the figures so they can know what all went into them.

Comment

Wow, sounds great, good work.

Comment

Barry is so cool! You did an awesome job on the Birkin one. Great attention to detail!
                  Barry looks like he means business. Obviously on the trail of a Jill Sandwich?

Comment

Like many people here, Barry is my favourite, nice done, that's really a good job!

Comment

Who doesn't love Bazza?

Comment

Originally posted by Kruspe12 View Post
                        Who doesn't love Bazza?
                        Indeed!

(For those on this messageboard who are not Australian, "Bazza" is a nickname us Aussies give to people named Barry. We also sometimes use "Baz" for short)

With that aside those custom figures are very, very well done. They look as if Capcom themselves manufactured them. You should do Claire Redfield whenever you have time.

Comment

Barry and Wesker are my favioute, I think you should try and make a nemesis type 2 next!
                          Also EBay would be your best friend, if you started making and selling these :-)
                          Anyways you've done an amazing job on them, please display more in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruspe12 View Post
                            Barry is so cool! You did an awesome job on the Birkin one. Great attention to detail!
                            Barry looks like he means business. Obviously on the trail of a Jill Sandwich?
                            Thanks man, Birkin was loads of fun to make, watching him come together. William G1 is almost done. Speaking of Jill sandwiches, Battlesuit Jill is almost done as well. Give Barry something to ...eat, I guess? Either way he'll be getting one hell of a Jill sandwich.

Originally posted by Shadow Stalker View Post
                            Indeed!

(For those on this messageboard who are not Australian, "Bazza" is a nickname us Aussies give to people named Barry. We also sometimes use "Baz" for short)

With that aside those custom figures are very, very well done. They look as if Capcom themselves manufactured them. You should do Claire Redfield whenever you have time.
                            I am not Australian, so thank you for the translation. I never knew that. That would have been awesome to hear, "Bazza, where's Bazza!?"

Thank you for the kind words sir, I am also working on RE2 and RE: CV Claire as we speak. At any given time I am usually working on 6 to 8 different customs.

Originally posted by nemesis_lover View Post
                            Barry and Wesker are my favioute, I think you should try and make a nemesis type 2 next!
                            Also EBay would be your best friend, if you started making and selling these :-)
                            Anyways you've done an amazing job on them, please display more in the future.
                            Ha ha, wow, you guys are good, I am also working on a Nemesis type-2. I didn't post it, but I modded my Palisades Nemesis type-1 and gave him better leg articulation and gave him a vinyl lower-coat so he has a much better range of movement.

I find it very hard to part with these when they are done. I have made a couple copies for some folks, but usually once I complete a figure I don't want to make it again.

Thanks for the comments everybody, it appears Bazza is the most popular. I am shocked, on other sites, Bikini Sheva was the most popular.

Comment

HUNK and more pics!!

Ha ha, I can't believe I forgot to post HUNK, I still need to paint his gun. And a few more pics of the previous customs.

Last edited by BDCdiesel; 12-23-2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X