Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I AM PUMPED FOR THIS GAME.

The Oblivion obsession is coming back in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but now it has dragons.IGN's YouTube is just a taste of our content. Get more:http://ww...

Oh, and NO MORE GAMEBRYO: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/12/co...ly-new-engine/

As much as the environments looked nice, like the article said, human facial textures look terrible. There was also a lot of bad pop up sometimes, etc, etc.

Discuss. Any more links and news related to this game are, of course, welcome.

yeah, that shit needs a graphic overhaul big time. i mean, if Rockstar can make a sandbox game look like GTAIV, then Bethesda needs to get their ass in gear and show something equal.

that engine was so outdated. i think they're are more bugs and glitches in Fallout: New Vegas than in Fallout 3.
    Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

...there are. I had to stop playing New Vegas before I smashed my PS3. Of course, part of the issue is I'm playing it on the PS3. But even so, I should not need to deal with the shit I had to.

Comment

Hopefully being in Skyrim with Nords and all I hope we can finally give our characters facial hair. No facial hair without mods was the most annoying thing about Oblivion IMO. Nords = vikings therefore they need beards.

I would also like a real long hair option too. Instead of shoulder length/pony tail.
        Last edited by VirusPunk; 12-15-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
          Hopefully being in Skyrim with Nords and all I hope we can finally give our characters facial hair. No facial hair without mods was the most annoying thing about Oblivion IMO. Nords = vikings therefore they need beards.

I would also like a real long hair option too. Instead of shoulder length/pony tail.
          I would just like to be able to make characters who don't look hideous.....

Comment

Originally posted by atlier00 View Post
            I would just like to be able to make characters who don't look hideous.....
            that's pretty much the point when it comes to character customization in western RPGs. there's no "pretty boy" final fantasy preset character to play with.
            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
              that's pretty much the point when it comes to character customization in western RPGs. there's no "pretty boy" final fantasy preset character to play with.
              Well see thats not what I'm even asking for lol( I don't care for the pretty boy look). I just don't want my characters to look like they have skin diseases mixed with wax faces.

Also, when I create male characters, I like to give them facial hair that doesn't look like they rubbed shit on their face.

Comment

I'm hoping for new races or new preset classes, The old ones are getting boring. Same with Skills. Happy they're bringing different weapons back, They should just redo Morrowind for Next Gen platforms

Comment

i mean, if Rockstar can make a sandbox game look like GTAIV, then Bethesda needs to get their ass in gear and show something equal.
                  HAR HAR. Yeah, cos GTAIV was perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                    HAR HAR. Yeah, cos GTAIV was perfect.

yeah cause i even said it was. wait a minute, i didn't?

Comment

Spoiler:

A new era is dawning in the world of Tamriel, and we've got 14 pages of screens and details straight from Bethesda.

20 screenshots and a 14 page article on the way.

Comment

yeah cause i even said it was. wait a minute, i didn't?
                        No, and i didn't say you did either. Just don't go spouting off about GTA4's engine as if it's some technical marvel that Bethesda should be aspiring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                          No, and i didn't say you did either. Just don't go spouting off about GTA4's engine as if it's some technical marvel that Bethesda should be aspiring to.
                          that doesn't mean they can't try. Bethesda has been using this engine, sand box wise, at least since around Morrowind's time. and while it was a technical feat by visuals when Oblivion came out, Fallout 3 and NV are....they look the freakin' same. Fallout 3 was way more polished than Oblivion, but at the cost of being a smaller game though. yeah, GTAIV is not as large as San Andreas because of more focus on visual than content, but it was still at nice knowing how well a sand box game can look. and that's another thing, Bethesda was still using a 3rd party engine to make their games just like Rockstar has. but Rockstar has been using an engine they developed ever since at least 2006. makes me wonder, this new engine that Bethesda is using for Skyrim - how long as that engine been in development...

Comment

i can't comment on the stability on the engine though, cause sand box engines in general will always have something go on. even in games that have such a great stable engine practically no problems, i still end up seeing some weird shit.

Comment

Scans of the article in one convenient little package, all high resolution.
                              Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 01-07-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X