10 Things Christians and Athiests Can And Will Agree On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Things Christians and Athiests Can And Will Agree On

This is a very interesting read. This article makes a lot of good points regarding both Christians and Athiests. Please read and comment on what you think.

And please keep the discussion in this thread civil.

10 Things Christians and Atheists Can (And Will) Agree On.

The read wasnt "Interesting", it was retarded. A very simplified and distorted opinion about both sides. The whole article is flawed since the beginning because it assumes atheism is a religion and whoever does anything, thinks in any way, does so because hes an atheist.

Comment

Oh noooo. Please no. This reminds me of your 3 year long argument with Gray Fox about religion. Longest. Argument. Ever. I don't know anyone else with as much staying power as you Vass haha
      Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 12-17-2010, 11:37 AM.

Comment

This isnt a debate (yet ).

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
          The read wasnt "Interesting", it was retarded. A very simplified and distorted opinion about both sides. The whole article is flawed since the beginning because it assumes atheism is a religion and whoever does anything, thinks in any way, does so because hes an atheist.
          I agree. The artical was very poorly written. I found very little reason to think there was actual support behind any of those agreements. And adding the "Must" to the title of the artical made his points even more invalid.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

If this thread starts to turn into a stupid flame war. The admins of this messageboard can feel free to lock this thread.

Comment

I always do. But, as a general rule, we have a suitably mature membership that religion can be discused without too many of the usual horrors.

Comment

Usually, yeah. The thing I was referring to though, the interesting thing was, it wasn't really a flame war. It was just a huge debate that literally lasted years with big walls-of-texts from both sides. MoS vs. this devout Christian guy but who also admitted that he was a recreational drug user. It was epic and certainly made for interesting reading. I've never seen a debate last years. It was then that I learnt to not debate with MoS, because he has the lasting power of a titan. XD Since then, me seeing Vass post in a religion topic = .
                Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 12-18-2010, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I've been looking for an excuse to link to this. Thanks.

Comment

Ugh. Dawkins. That man drives me quite, quite mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                      Usually, yeah. The thing I was referring to though, the interesting thing was, it wasn't really a flame war. It was just a huge debate that literally lasted years with big walls-of-texts from both sides. MoS vs. this devout Christian guy but who also admitted that he was a recreational drug user. It was epic and certainly made for interesting reading. I've never seen a debate last years. It was then that I learnt to not debate with MoS, because he has the lasting power of a titan. XD Since then, me seeing Vass post in a religion topic = .
                      Every time a topic got settled, he came back in a month or so and either carried on with new arguments, or raised a completely new question, sparking a continuation of the debate. It was a quite lenghty debate indeed, but it was also a "General religion" topic, so to speak. We covered a lot of issues in that thread back then. Lots of fun indeed. Nowadays, Youtube is so full of good material, and creationists arguments are always all the same, so you dont even have to post a response, just post links to vids which debunk their arguments. Life is simple these days.

BTW, check out Thunderf00ts channel, Emma. Youll have some entertainment.

Comment

No article is interesting and worth reading intellectually when it displays childish, "humoristic" Internet pictures.

Not to mention, all those arguments seem pretty obvious, do they not?
                        Last edited by Trent; 12-23-2010, 04:26 AM.
                        Freedom of Information.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                          I agree. The artical was very poorly written. I found very little reason to think there was actual support behind any of those agreements. And adding the "Must" to the title of the artical made his points even more invalid.
                          Umm... Not as poorly written as your comment.
                          learn2spell article.

Comment

Originally posted by TenderRondo View Post
                            Umm... Not as poorly written as your comment.
                            learn2spell article.
                            learn2read.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                              learn2read.
                              I can read just fine. What do you mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X