Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Trailers for Resident Evil 3DS Titles Incoming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruspe12 View Post
    Judging by the list of releases for the 3DS, it looks to be a platform for developers to rehash older games with a bit of 3D thrown in. I am very interested in both Revelations and Mercenaries 3D, but I don't really buy in to the whole 3D fad that's going on. Seems like nothing more than a quick cash grab in my opinion
    Welcome to Nintendo's world, where every single console exists only to bring you new iterations of Zelda and Mario. But just like i bought GC for REmake and Zero, i`ll probably end up buying 3DS for Revelations and Mercs 3D...

Comment

I feel like I've played Mercenaries before. But on a bigger screen, and without any strain to my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
        I feel like I've played Mercenaries before. But on a bigger screen, and without any strain to my eyes.
        But It's Portable and playable anywhere with Online and You can turn off the 3D

Actually, While I'm really excited for the 3DS, I'm excited for the Quality Games and The line-up, I Don't Really Care about the 3D, Maybe I'll Like it when i try it with the 3DS

Comment

I dont give a shit about mercenaries Game but im looking forward to
          the Resident Evil: Revelations.

Comment

Originally posted by milanm View Post
            Welcome to Nintendo's world, where every single console exists only to bring you new iterations of Zelda and Mario.
            There's something inherently amusing about Resident Evil fans, or Capcom fans in general, complaining about other companies rehashing successful, popular titles over and over again.

Comment

Looking forward to Resident Evil Revelations and Mercenaries!
              Last edited by Darkmoon; 01-17-2011, 01:53 PM. Reason: Bad Spam Bad

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                There's something inherently amusing about Resident Evil fans, or Capcom fans in general, complaining about other companies rehashing successful, popular titles over and over again.
                Ain't that the truth.

I mean, how many Zelda's titles have Nintendo made since 1986? No more than 8... not counting the ones Capcom made.

Compare that to how many Gran Turismos or GTA games have been made since 97. Or especially compared to how many HALO games have been released since 2001.

And in respect to the Mario games, sure there are a lot of 'em. But it's not like you get the same experience playing Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart (even each version of this series is actually different from each other!) or the traditional 2d scrollers. Every Mario game is different. And that's why they sell so well to this day.

Anyway.... ON TOPIC:

Miyamoto just said that not all 3DS games need to be in 3D.

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news-story...ed-to-be-in-3d

Which is good news. Right?

Sure it is. For those that have little use for the stuff, it is.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

In Nintendos defense, they've made more sequels that didn't suck, CAPCOM has.

I mean come on, how many revisions of street fighter 2 did we get from 1989-1995?

The fact that CAPCOM just ended a great franchise in an incredibly shitty way isn't unexpected, but it is bewildering.

I do hope that Mercenaries and Revelations arent crap, But at the same time I don't care too much if they do suck.

CAPCOM and SQUARENIX have both been treading on thin ice the past few years, I'd like to see them make amazing games again...but part of me wants to see them fail too, primarily because both have said 'fuck you' to the original fan base and have been making mediocre games way to long.

Comment

I'd say that Nintendo have been doing it for the longest possible time, though unlike Capcom they've managed to get away with it for so long. You often see people complaining about Capcom regurgitating the same assets over and over with the release of each RE game, yet I haven't seen anyone say the same about Nintendo and the fact that they've been essentially re-releasing the same Zelda game for decades.

Seriously, every Zelda game might as well be a remake of the previous incarnation. You do the exact same thing, go through more or less the same story, defeat the same antagonist, save the princess, etc.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

^ From Ocarina of Time on, you almost never fight the same antagonists. Unless you mean Ganondorf/Ganon. I was talking about temple/dungeon bosses.

And in that case, Majora's Mask was different!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        I'd say that Nintendo have been doing it for the longest possible time, though unlike Capcom they've managed to get away with it for so long. You often see people complaining about Capcom regurgitating the same assets over and over with the release of each RE game, yet I haven't seen anyone say the same about Nintendo and the fact that they've been essentially re-releasing the same Zelda game for decades.
                        I guess you skipped reading milanm's post. That user pretty much said that.

That's such a ridiculous double-standard placed only upon Nintendo, though. Considering that Capcom, Ubisoft, Rockstar, Take Two and just about any bloody game maker has been rehashing games and releasing a ton of sequels trying to cash in on popular demand.

Madden & FIFA are a perfect example. Basically the same game sells through the roof each year. And game reviewers having to do the whole copy and paste routine when reviewing the newer editions of those franchises. Basically saying the same stuff they said a year earlier.

Zelda is unique in that despite being sort of a remake of the original, it is capable of offering a different experience each time. In that you don't get the same fix playing the original, LoZ: A Link to The Past, OoT or Majora's Mask. Despite you having to save a Princess, defeat Ganon or help a town from being destroyed or whatever.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Also, I think it's also because of how heavily Capcom rehashes. They do it with nearly every series, and they do it way too much with each one.

Comment

Working...
                          X