No announcement yet.

Resident Evil The Mercenaries & Revelations Stage Program Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revelations looked amazing even at that early stage, to be running on a 3DS wow! Im sold im fucking sold!! XD

Comment

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
      Nah, I would expect at least 4 more.
      I do hope they release more info soon. Remember Mercs Reunion last year? We knew all the chars about a month before the release. Damn, time does fly, i still remember reading about Barry and Rebecca on horror, that piece of news made my day.

Comment

^ To my understanding, all playable mercs from RE4/RE5 will return in REM.
        REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by milanm View Post
          Chris, HUNK, Claire and Krauser have been announced some time ago, the game will hit the shelves in approx. 2 months and we still haven`t heard a word about anyone else besides them. Could those 4 be it?
          Its the 3DS which will be hitting the shelves in 2 months time, not the game itself. The release date for RE The mercenaries are still unknown.

The first artwork for the game have more than 4 silhouettes in the background, which basically means there are several more unannounced characters for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
            Why does HUNK have extendable knives on his wrists? At least that's what I thought he had. Christ, he's not a fucking ninja.
            Maybe he's been training with Altair and Ezio?

He's also got knives in his boots, too, apparently.

Comment

looks good; it seems the public assembly map is smaller that the one on RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                Maybe he's been training with Altair and Ezio?

He's also got knives in his boots, too, apparently.
                The man was known for one thing and that was the neckbreaker.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                  It isn't just the content but how they play, literally running and waggling my way through Shattered Memories = fail.

Kinnect I concede on.
                  I don't see much difference between the waggling and the button smashing you have to do in a lot of 'next-gen' games. It's essencially the same fucking deal.

BTW many Wii games, like 'No More Heroes (1&2)', do some interesting things with the Wiimote. To the point that it adds to the gaming experience.

Kinnect's main probs are depth, precision & lag (and having to play standing up) But still, its more popular than Move regardless of those probs.

The main prob I see with the 3DS is the limited battery life. 3-5 hours ain't enough.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Revelations is looking okay so far. Too early and not enough images and footage to really judge it yet. I do wish they made some of those hallways in the ship a little more darker, like in 3.5. And when you think of it, since we never got 3.5, this game could take it's place. The atmosphere is getting there. I don't mind Jill being in the game too much, but I can't stand Chris Redfield anymore. I wish he wasn't in the game to be honest with you.

I have a feeling that we are going to have a very dry period of RE news, because Mercenaries is almost done, and Revelations isn't due out until the end of the year. We might not get anymore news on Revelations until the spring time.
                    Last edited by RetroRain; 01-11-2011, 11:50 AM.
                    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                      I have a feeling that we are going to have a very dry period of RE news, because Mercenaries is almost done, and Revelations isn't due out until the end of the year. We might not get anymore news on Revelations until the spring time.
                      That's certainly preferable to having the entire game spoiled before it's released like they did with RE5 and Darkside Chronicles.

Comment

Oh yeah I agree that they definitely showed off too much of those games, but thats the problem right there. They don't need to show off so much. If we got 1 two-minute video and 5 images every 2 months, that would be enough. But to not show us anything for a long time really does suck. They seem to either show us too much or nothing at all. Is it asking a lot for Capcom to get anything right these days?
                        Last edited by RetroRain; 01-11-2011, 11:37 PM.
                        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

When games cost so much you need them to be a hit, it is hard to do that without exposure.

Lot of good games this gen sold horribly due to lack of exposure. Lot of crap or mediocre ones sold well due to lots of it.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

^^^ That's not how it works with the big C.

Capcom (actually Sven) believes that 'word of mouth' is enough. They barely advertise their games these days... unless you're talking about their next-gen offerings.

That's basically how they expected Lost Planet 2 to sell. They thought that the success from the original was enough. Word of mouth.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              ^^^ That's not how it works with the big C.

Capcom (actually Sven) believes that 'word of mouth' is enough. They barely advertise their games these days... unless you're talking about their next-gen offerings.

That's basically how they expected Lost Planet 2 to sell. They thought that the success from the original was enough. Word of mouth.
                              They do a lot of promotion on the web and this requires showing the game off, trailers and such are what gets forums chatting and this does then follow through to other places both on and off the web.

I saw TV ads for LP2 though.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                                They do a lot of promotion on the web and this requires showing the game off, trailers and such are what gets forums chatting and this does then follow through to other places both on and off the web.

I saw TV ads for LP2 though.
                                Yes. like I said, they try to advertise their next-gen games. LP2 wasn't even a good sequel and has been considered somewhat of a failure (both commercially and as a game). Being an example of a next-gen game that gets promoted and still underperforms.

BTW I used to be a member of the Capcom BBS forums. And we would have these talks with Sven about Capcom's craptacular support for a lot of their titles. He said that word of mouth was enough to promote a game in most cases.

Basically, he wanted US to do the job he actually gets paid for.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X