Resident Evil Mercenaries VS Announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
    1. I guess the people complaining about milking the RE series weren't about in the 90s or early 2000s.

2. As to the game, it looks like ass. A stand alone Versus game is quite high requested but people want it for HD consoles.
    1. What do you mean by this?
    2. There are requests about a stand alone versus game?

Comment

I guess the people complaining about milking the RE series weren't about in the 90s or early 2000s.
      Bad guess. Wanna bet that Inafune, Mikami and other ex-Capcom game makers were around during the 90's and 2000's?

But my guess is that people complaining about not getting a particular title on their HD consoles and HD-ready TV sets , are basically complaining because they lack the funds to buy anything else.
      Last edited by Pikminister; 01-11-2011, 12:12 PM.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
        JUST like Versus Mode from RE5. It is incredibly dull!

It's not like verses mode bc when you shot the other player they died. Watch the video. The two Chris Redfields are blasting each other in the face with shotguns and nothing was happening. So maybe it's just a coop mercenaries and not a verses mode

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
          Bad guess. Wanna bet that Inafune, Mikami and other ex-Capcom game makers were around during the 90's and 2000's?
          I was talking about people in this thread. Complaining like the RE series being milked is something new...
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I was talking about people in this thread. Complaining like the RE series being milked is something new...
            Oh, ok... well, I was around when Capcom milked the shit of SFII & Megaman so I know this isn't new with them.

But apparently some of these game creators/developers believed all along that they were in charge of the franchises they were responsible for. Only to find out that they weren't. Not even close.

Tha's something Inafune talked about late last year.
            sigpic

Comment

But my guess is that people complaining about not getting a particular title on their HD consoles and HD-ready TV sets , are basically complaining because they lack the funds to buy anything else.
              Well, in my case at least, I have a couple of grand going spare. Of course, I have no HD because my eyes are too crap to see any real difference, but mostly I'd complain about this because it's another Merc game.

Mercs worked well as a mini-game, even as one I don't personally like. But I can't believe that having two merc games as stand alones is really the best plan here. One seems to be stretching things for me, really. Unless it has a vast ammount of levels and characters and modes, it simply isn't worth it. Two or three times the content of the RE5 mercs mode is still a tiny ammount compared to the actual game, really, especially since a lot of this seems borrowed from other games, at least in terms of design.

Honestly, even if this was the RE3 Merc mode, the one I actually like, I'd still refuse to pay retail without essentially the whole RE cast (including a few monsters) a half dozen play modes and 15 plus levels from various games and brand new. Unless it's released dirt cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                Well, in my case at least, I have a couple of grand going spare. Of course, I have no HD because my eyes are too crap to see any real difference, but mostly I'd complain about this because it's another Merc game.

Mercs worked well as a mini-game, even as one I don't personally like. But I can't believe that having two merc games as stand alones is really the best plan here. One seems to be stretching things for me, really. Unless it has a vast ammount of levels and characters and modes, it simply isn't worth it. Two or three times the content of the RE5 mercs mode is still a tiny ammount compared to the actual game, really, especially since a lot of this seems borrowed from other games, at least in terms of design.

Honestly, even if this was the RE3 Merc mode, the one I actually like, I'd still refuse to pay retail without essentially the whole RE cast (including a few monsters) a half dozen play modes and 15 plus levels from various games and brand new. Unless it's released dirt cheap.
                I don't think Capcom is targeting ppl like you, though. Not really.

That's why I made that comment before about the shareholders wanting to milk the franchise (by going after the type of consumers that made RE4 and RE5 such mainstream hits).

Anyway, you could always wait until these games come down in price (or when they eventually get ported over to the iPhone).
                sigpic

Comment

No one ever targets me. I'm in a sad demographic.

It's true though. I'm pretty much going 'meh, screw it' towards Resident Evil as of late. I haven't even bothered getting Darkside Chronicles, and like as not won't get either Merc game nor Revelations. Partially because I won't own the console (I never buy a console when it launches, because they break) but mostly because I don't expect to get what I want from an RE game...scares. I expect a cannon big enough to sink a small ship and enough ammo to invade a third world nation.

Comment

I guess the people complaining about milking the RE series weren't about in the 90s or early 2000s.

As to the game, it looks like ass. A stand alone Versus game is quite high requested but people want it for HD consoles.
                    You do have a point, and they've milked originality in so many creative ways. As a collector I've had to watch as the series gave it's fare share of ports, hashed areas, re-releases with extra material, sequels and spin-offs.

Look at the versions of RE1 available. RE1. RE1: Directors Cut. RE1 on Saturn with the extra content. RE: Remake. RE: Deadly Silence with new features.

Some games get their jollies referencing locations and characters of the past games. RE2 and 3 work hand in hand for the whole raccoon city experience. Outbreak 2 wanted to excite people by delving into the RPD station yet again. Zero had that whole nod to the RE2 lab. Code Veronica had a mansion looking similar to Spencer's estate.

My personal gripe as a kid that still ran through RE4 was the "re-release WITH extra content". Anybody ever have that feeling?

When you're a kid you either had to ask your parents to buy the game or work your ass off to pay for it. You hear about a system that a certain game was on like a dreamcast for code veronica or a gamecube for RE4. And like that, it was only a matter of time before you hear the news that to get the "full experience" you needed to buy a ps2 and get CVX or RE4 for the new cutscenes or gameplay content. I still remember when RE2 had the ex-files on the N64. Or certain versions of RE3 had more costumes for Jill. The rule of RE was that "nothing was ever exclusive or final". REmake and RE Zero made their way to pointlessly be ported to the Nintendo Wii even though their Gamecube versions would work just the same. The "ps2 exclusive" extras of RE4 went to the PC and Wii versions.

While I'll give RE5 some credit that Capcom listened to fans and created DLC for the new content they still wanted people to buy Gold Edition, and their edge resulted in marketing it for the playstation move. I'm wary about Capcom's claims that PSmove couldn't be implemented in regular RE5 copies since patches in games like Heavy Rain seem to work just fine. So newcomers and certain fans got themselves a hard copy of Gold Edition in the long run.

If they want to milk mercenaries and vs. it's not like I'm surprised by this. A fare share of fans really find those minigames more fun than the actual campaign mode. A whole game dedicated to mercenaries would actually sell. Hell they didn't even need Claire and possible other new characters. I guarantee that some people would still buy it if it was a straight port on the 3DS. But with the inclusion of a mashed up merc experience I know the fans will try it out, and my hopes are that Capcom puts some effort into new locations and monsters aside from the RE4/RE5 lineup. But if I've learned anything from capcom it's that they can half ass and still make bank nearly most of the time. Darkside Chronicles had more effort placed than Umbrella Chronicles in terms of game design and it sold poorly in comparison.

Comment

I never really liked the iPhone games to begin with because of the horrible controls. So this is a definite pass for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
                        I'm very sad now. As I read the title of this news on my RSS feed, I thought Capcom would announce an all-Meercenaries game for the PS3/Xbox , which would have made my day. Heck, I'd even take a new stage for RE5 mercenaries, I don't care. This wont do. Might try it out anyway, but they could've done something more like the mercenaries after everyone absolutely hated the Versus mode.

I really don't get capcom.
                        Not everyone, I love versus mode.
                        Don;t forget, you can't speak for everyone =P

Comment

Just going to add here, this is another reason why the iPhone is not and never will be a standard platform for gaming. As far as gaming is concerned, a phone should allow me to play the occasional game of Arkanoid or Angry Birds. It shouldn't grant me the chance to play a watered down version of a console game.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
                            Not everyone, I love versus mode.
                            Don;t forget, you can't speak for everyone =P
                            I don't mean to speak vor everyone. I just got the impression that many people didn't like versus mode on the console.

Comment

Oh, ok... well, I was around when Capcom milked the shit of SFII & Megaman so I know this isn't new with them.

But apparently some of these game creators/developers believed all along that they were in charge of the franchises they were responsible for. Only to find out that they weren't. Not even close.

Tha's something Inafune talked about late last year.
                              Thats probably why Inafune left Capcom last month.Because of their BS.He probably got tired of them.Honostly,I wouldn't blame him for leaving.
                              Last edited by BrionIrons; 01-18-2011, 08:17 AM.
                              sigpic
                              www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

The VS mode in RE5 felt awkward as it is I can't imagine what it would be like trying to kill actual people with touchscreen controls having played Degeneration I think this is a horrible idea

Comment

Working...
                                X