Silent Hill: Downpour - New Screenshots and Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill: Downpour - New Screenshots and Info

Konami have stepped forward and offered a bunch of new details regarding Silent Hill: Downpour. Here's a quick rundown of the new info

- for HD consoles
    - Czech developer Vatra is behind the game
    - Producer is Devin Shatsky, associate producer is Tomm Hulett
    - feature side missions to gives the player a greater sense that they are 'exploring the town' and then rewarded with these mini-stories
    - very careful to keep these immersive enough to make the player feel like they're still a part of the main story, yet separate enough that they aren't forced into completing all of them in a linear fashion to reach the ending.
    - Composer Daniel Licht – aka Dexter – will compose the game’s soundtrack
    - completely original storyline which follows Murphy Pendleton, a convict stranded in Silent Hill.
    - 2 new areas; The Diner and The Devil’s Pit.
    - releases this Autumn.

Check out the article & new screenshots here:
    IGN - Silent Hill: Downpour Gets Wet
    vg247 - Credit to aris13
    IGN - Silent Hill Downpour Media Gallery
    Last edited by xfactor; 01-24-2011, 10:49 AM.

Can someone change the title of this news on the main page to "Silent Hill: Downpour New Screenshots & info"?

Comment

Done.
      See you in hell.

Comment

Looking good.

BTW, that Cunningham chick looks a lot more like Jill (from RE3) than the one in Revelations.

Hope this game brings back the fear factor to the SH series.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Not really anything new since the magazine scans had most if not all of this (i forget if Devils Pit was mentioned or not)

Comment

The game is looking amazing. I can't wait to play it.

Comment

What bollocks. Why do we need a remake of Alan Wake already?

Comment

Because Alan waked sucked balls to begin with?O.o

Comment

Because Alan Wake ripped-off Silent Hill?

Konami is just returning the favor.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hopefully not delayed, that isn't a long time until release.
                    Last edited by Dracarys; 01-24-2011, 08:13 PM.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I'm excited for this although I wish the developers that did Shattered memories had worked on this. I don't like how Konami keeps switching developers with each new SH title.

The game looks beautiful and A LOT like Alan Wake with the evergreen forest setting.

Comment

We don't talk about Alan Wake here...unless its making fun of Alan Wake for being Alan Wake.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          We don't talk about Alan Wake here...unless its making fun of Alan Wake for being Alan Wake.
                          Alan Wake was a lot better done than the last few Silent Hill games. I know a lot of folks on the forums have really, really enjoyed it. Me included. And of course, I suspect Carnivol hasn't posted because right now he's trying to get a clear shot at you with a high powered rifle.

Everything sounds interesting with the exception of the new areas. The Diner hardly sounds intimidating, and one must assume it's a diner...most of which aren't really big enough to be an area. And the Devil's Pit? I assume that it's something like a bar, or maybe some kinda mine. But who knows? If the post in another thread about one of the people on this project feeling that the storyline of SH1 and SH3 had issues is true, it's quite possibly a big pit with Satan, pitchfork and all, comes out of to command Pyramid Heads to go stab people.

Comment

That was Devin Shatsky, the producer.

Honestly I switch between skeptical open-mindedness and utter dismissal of this game. To be a little bit more fair and less broad, there are a few problems I'm seeing already. People had a fair amount of complaints about Silent Hill 4's limited inventory, Silent Hill Origins' breakable weapons, and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories' lack of weapons. This seems to attempt a combination of all three, and there's no reason they can't do anything with the enemies or the weapons themselves (such as in 3 and to a weaker extent, Homecoming) to make running the better option in many cases.

Also, how the hell are we supposed to empathize/sympathize with an escaped convict? I guess the side quests, interaction with enemies, and other behavior will decide the ending, i.e. whether or not Murphy here is guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin Shatsky
                              In a perfect world, our game would be judged on its own merit, not how it matches up to its predecessors.
                              PROTIP: If you would like your game to be judged on its own merit, develop an original game and don't license a series.

Comment

Working...
                              X