No announcement yet.

D.C. Douglas Talks About Albert Wesker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I would like to know is how many of the changes were made due to the addition of co-op, and how many were because the ideas simply weren't feasible with the current generation of hardware. I'm thinking of the warzone with the 10 or so El Gigantes, for example.

Though based on Anpo's blog regarding Desperate Escape, it seems a good portion of the campaign was already pretty much set in stone before co-op was added. At the very least, up until the boss fight with Irving on the boat, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
      I think Jill should have stayed dead, with Chris being the last surviving member of S.T.A.R.S, going on some suicide mission to take down Wesker to avenge his comrades. He knows his chances are slim and that the odds are stacked against him, but he goes through with it regardless.
      Rebecca Chambers and Barry Burton are still alive. Have you forgotten about them? I know they haven't been used much, but I do know that I've read a lot of sources that confirm that Barry and Rebecca still being alive is officially canon.

Comment

Sorry, should have clarified. I mean, if EVERYONE was killed off. Jill, Barry and Rebecca. Think about it, Chris being this sole survivor on a crazy suicide mission against Wesker, goes through hell but manages to make it through sheer determination and resolve.
        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-04-2011, 08:19 PM.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Sorry, should have clarified. I mean, if EVERYONE was killed off. Jill, Barry and Rebecca. Think about it, Chris being this sole survivor on a crazy suicide mission against Wesker, goes through hell but manages to make it through sheer determination and resolve.
          And Chris dying heroically to defeat Wesker and saving the world. That would been epic. But we got Sheva. And Jill in a delicious battlesuit. Oh well.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Chris should have gone out like Mikhail in RE3, though I thought there was a glimmer of hope during the final battle with Wesker in RE5 when Chris has leaped onto Wesker's back, and he asks Sheva to shoot through him to kill Wesker.

I was really hoping for that to happen, that he was willing to give his life.
            See you in hell.

Comment

I'd have liked RE5 to end kinda how Lost did. Chris laying himself down to die after being mortally wounded by Wesker yet saving the world and smiling to himself as he see's Jill, Sheva and Josh flying away to safety. Then his eyes close.
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Chris should have gone out like Mikhail in RE3, though I thought there was a glimmer of hope during the final battle with Wesker in RE5 when Chris has leaped onto Wesker's back, and he asks Sheva to shoot through him to kill Wesker.

Then we could have had a Resident Evil 6 where Sheva is older and jaded about having lost her partner in battle. She wonders if it's all worth fighting for. But she gets a lead that suggests that Chris may be fossilied in basalt and embarks on a reckless quest at the expense of her new disposable partner to go and find her old one she barely had an attachment with. After following this flimsy lead through all sorts of exotic locations, she indeed finds Chris, entombed within his arch-nemesis, The Boulder. The game climaxes with Sheva punching the boulder, which frees Chris, and Sheva concludes that it is all worth fighting for.

RE5 was so good because it was just like RE4, so RE6 should be just like RE5 amirite??
                Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 02-06-2011, 05:17 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

That is one ending I won't mind seeing in a Resident Evil game.

Comment

This thread I made almost 2 years ago springs to mind.

Comment

Some Metal Gear Solid 4 spoilers will definitely appear.
                      Hahahahaha. For some reason I found that hilarious.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                        Probably goes to leave the house, look for his keys and say "FOUND YOOOOU!" on his way out...
                        Laughed my ass off at this

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        What I would like to know is how many of the changes were made due to the addition of co-op, and how many were because the ideas simply weren't feasible with the current generation of hardware. I'm thinking of the warzone with the 10 or so El Gigantes, for example.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7U1-aPOuyc

Comment

Touche.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Apparently, the file is a translation screw up. The part dated after Raccoon City was written by someone else, at least in the Japanese text (and for these kinda things it's the Japanese text that matters). But I personally thin Nicholai is most likely alive.
                            In the Code Veronica guide book there is a letter from Nicholai stating several facts about what happened in Racoon City so yeah he is alive.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                              In the Code Veronica guide book there is a letter from Nicholai stating several facts about what happened in Racoon City so yeah he is alive.
                              Heh...I was gonna mention the same thing

Comment

Lot of people seem to be forgetting unresolved storylines like Sherry and Steve - both could be told in one game and Wesker's role could easily come in the form of flashbacks used to expand on what he did with them. I, personally, don't hate RE4 or 5 because the series was getting stale after so many games (seriously - giant Scorpions, bats, frogs, and zombie monkeys all appeared in the same game). That being said, love it or hate it, Co-Op freshened RE5 a bit but another overhaul has to happen with 6. And that's probably why TriCell is pasted all over in the last act. That still didn't get resolved yet, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X