BioHazard File Archive Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To MarkGrass:
    Your method (with PGonv) is better - there is no any clicks and incorrect loops

So, is there any way to unpack PSF?

Comment

VABTool
      should be included with DTL-S2002
      if not you find can a copy packaged with PsxHackTools, I can't upload it here, sorry guys.
      Last edited by Mikhail; 03-18-2014, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adala View Post
        To MarkGrass:
        Your method (with PGonv) is better - there is no any clicks and incorrect loops

So, is there any way to unpack PSF?
        If snakemeat's VGMtoolbox doesn't do it, I don't know what else to tell you. I'm Sorry.

RDT extraction/repacker support makes a return to biofat (v.0.0.0.9).

Bio1.5 and Bio2 support included... I didn't have time to extensively test, so report any bugs.

biofat is a utility to handle multiple file types for multiple games, including: * BioHazard / Re
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Mark, thanks again for the update!

I reported some bugs here:

Comment

Hello friends... i,m not sure if this is the right place to ask you this. But i,m having trouble to
            open (extract/repack) the MSG files in Resident Evil 3 PC version... There is no option in the last biofat
            If someone can give me a hint it woud be super.
            I want to translate the game in Bulgarian language, so this MSG files are verry important.
            Thank in advance
            CHEK OUT MY SITE :) http://www.gamepomagalo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tsolovvv View Post
              Hello friends... i,m not sure if this is the right place to ask you this. But i,m having trouble to
              open (extract/repack) the MSG files in Resident Evil 3 PC version... There is no option in the last biofat
              If someone can give me a hint it woud be super.
              I want to translate the game in Bulgarian language, so this MSG files are verry important.
              Thank in advance
              Hello

I'd be more than happy to help, but I'm going to need a few things from you.

I need a UTF-8 text file with all the Bulgarian font characters in alphabetical order - this is essential. Additionally, I'll need an image file, similar to that found in the Bio games, with all the Bulgarian font characters, as well. For reference, something like this: https://i.imgur.com/SoqO4Ef.png

...lucky for you, I just finished a RDT extractor and repacker for Bio3, so it will surely help you on your quest.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                Hello

I'd be more than happy to help, but I'm going to need a few things from you.

I need a UTF-8 text file with all the Bulgarian font characters in alphabetical order - this is essential. Additionally, I'll need an image file, similar to that found in the Bio games, with all the Bulgarian font characters, as well. For reference, something like this: https://i.imgur.com/SoqO4Ef.png

...lucky for you, I just finished a RDT extractor and repacker for Bio3, so it will surely help you on your quest.
                Hello again sir, thank you for fast response
                I made UTF 8 Text but i have a additional question for the image file
                I,m using image from a russian version for the example, so this are russian not bulgarian character. They are similar but not identical.

http://postimg.org/image/9retzz0yx/

I see the upper two rows with the smallest fonts witch are not numbered on the picture i will change them.
                1 is big case characters
                blue 3 (sorry fot two 3's i see the mistake now is characters used in mercenaries menu
                green 3 is small case characters

My question is can i continue big case characters from 1 to the additional rows on 4. Becase bulgarian language have
                more characters than english and russian and if i continue i have to remove valuable characters for mercenaries menu on blue 3.

Comment

My question is can i continue big case characters from 1 to the additional rows on 4. Becase bulgarian language have
                  more characters than english and russian and if i continue i have to remove valuable characters for mercenaries menu on blue 3.
                  Absolutely! You can design it however you deem necessary.

Just make sure the characters match, in-order, with the UTF-8 that you provide.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Absolutely! You can design it however you deem necessary.

Just make sure the characters match, in-order, with the UTF-8 that you provide.
                    Ok sir I made it. I'm not the best photoshoper in the world but this have to work
                    Its strange that the original TIM file have 60 sets, but when converted to bmp, edited with photoshop and repacked as TIM again... it only contain 30 sets.
                    I made some attempts to solve this but couldn't. I think that may be this is why I see some garbage
                    in game like this:
                    example 1
                    example 2
                    This of course isn't a big problem, it will have to do this way
                    So HERE are the files... If something isn't quit right, please let me know

Comment

Ok sir I made it. I'm not the best photoshoper in the world but this have to work
                      Its strange that the original TIM file have 60 sets, but when converted to bmp, edited with photoshop and repacked as TIM again... it only contain 30 sets.
                      I made some attempts to solve this but couldn't. I think that may be this is why I see some garbage
                      in game like this:
                      example 1
                      example 2
                      This of course isn't a big problem, it will have to do this way
                      So HERE are the files... If something isn't quit right, please let me know
                      The files you've provided will work just fine. Just to note, the "smallest fonts" (Yellow) aren't used in-game - they are used by debug builds. I will have a tool that will help assist message creation for ya soon.

As for your examples, it looks like there's an alpha channel/transparency issue. You may want to look into a better TIM plugin/creator.
                      Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-29-2014, 09:47 AM.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

The files you've provided will work just fine. Just to note, the "smallest fonts" (Yellow) aren't used in-game - they are used by debug builds. I will have a tool that will help assist message creation for ya soon.

As for your examples, it looks like there's an alpha channel/transparency issue. You may want to look into a better TIM plugin/creator.
                        I will be very grateful sir
                        Thanks for the update for examples I'll be waiting for the msg tool and RDT extractor and repacker
                        Big THANKS from me and all Bulgarian fans community

Comment

I really don't want to sound hasty here, but want just to be sure that I,m not forgotten

Comment

I most certainly haven't forgotten.

Work and warm weather kind of occupy my time, now, but I will have a tool for you as soon as I can possibly get it to you.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Here ya go.

It will convert Unicode text file (*.txt) to MSG data, and allow you to view the TXT file, as well.

I had to change the parser from UTF-8 to pure Unicode, so I hope it's not a problem. Just remember, Unicode!
                              Attached Files
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Here ya go.

It will convert Unicode text file (*.txt) to MSG data, and allow you to view the TXT file, as well.

I had to change the parser from UTF-8 to pure Unicode, so I hope it's not a problem. Just remember, Unicode!
                                Thank you so much sir, we really appreciate it...
                                I know that next thing i,m going to ask you will sound annoying and stupid but I really could use some help using it... Sorry about that, I don't understand nothing from programing
                                So once again, basically I want to change texts from the descriptions in the game, something like THIS, I found only 3 MSG files in game ROFS -- HERE, so I only presume that this 3 files contain all the text descriptions from this game
                                So if you can show me how exactly to extract text from the MSG files, then translate it(my part) and repacked it again in MSG with this tool... it will be very helpful
                                May some quick step by step guide with some words will do it... Something for someone who is not so enlightened in this matters ...

Comment

Working...
                                X