Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post

Here ya go.

It will convert Unicode text file (*.txt) to MSG data, and allow you to view the TXT file, as well.

I had to change the parser from UTF-8 to pure Unicode, so I hope it's not a problem. Just remember, Unicode!
    Ok sir I think I got it...
    You can make MSG files from unicode .txt's .
    But how to see the text in those MSGs...
    When i open them with some text editor it shows only gibberish
    May be the game description isn't located only in this 3 files.... I noticed that they are just 1 kb each... it don't make sense.
    So I guess i must wait for your RDT extractor/repacked and check every single RDT for more MSG files
    CHEK OUT MY SITE :) http://www.gamepomagalo.com/

Comment

Hi MarkGrass,

Really looking forward to diving into your Biofat program, mainly so I can copy visuals from the sourcnext releases to the English releases (the closest I've come so far is copying the zmovies lol).

The only issue I'm coming across at the moment is the blasted .dat files in RE3. I was sure originally I had a more recent version of Biofat that could handle this. I had trouble working it at first and I was going to return to it at a later date but after a recent issue with Windows Update I've lost it. However reading this thread better shows be I had an old version of the program (an unstable version?) so I had to jump on and ask (kindly ) could you help me regarding the .dat files? What program/method should I use if there is one with the .dat files?

Any help/guidance would be extremely grateful

There is no major rush, I'm already streaming the series on my gf twitch account and we're at the end of RE3/Outbreak (Raccon City Chapter) so this would be more of a personal project (but willing to share it out who would like an updated versions of RE2/3 )

Comment

I've downloaded the latest version, and I don't know how to use (There is no Readme on the .rar) and asks me for a .INI, I want to open Biohazard 1 Betas files.

Comment

I'm sorry, I do not have any plans to support the Bio1 prototypes. :/
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by ddsshocker View Post
            Hi MarkGrass,

Really looking forward to diving into your Biofat program, mainly so I can copy visuals from the sourcnext releases to the English releases (the closest I've come so far is copying the zmovies lol).

The only issue I'm coming across at the moment is the blasted .dat files in RE3. I was sure originally I had a more recent version of Biofat that could handle this. I had trouble working it at first and I was going to return to it at a later date but after a recent issue with Windows Update I've lost it. However reading this thread better shows be I had an old version of the program (an unstable version?) so I had to jump on and ask (kindly ) could you help me regarding the .dat files? What program/method should I use if there is one with the .dat files?

Any help/guidance would be extremely grateful

There is no major rush, I'm already streaming the series on my gf twitch account and we're at the end of RE3/Outbreak (Raccon City Chapter) so this would be more of a personal project (but willing to share it out who would like an updated versions of RE2/3 )
            PmData created some very useful utilities for Bio3 PC that support files with DAT extension. You should be able to easily find it (and others) at the modding forums (just google "resident evil 123").
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I've been receiving a lot of emails about this app, so just to clarify:

biofat is completely untested in Linux/Wine and I have no means of testing it. I'm sorry to say that if you use Linux, you're on your own.

biofat is closed source, due to a few bad apples in the past. I'm totally sorry for this, but it keeps my sanity in-tact.

biofat is primarily an English application, with room for expansion supporting other languages. Currently, I do not have any plans to add proper support for other languages, however.

Although biofat used to support many non-BH/RE video games, that is no longer the case and never again will be.

Surprisingly, yes, the project is still alive. I don't have nearly as much time that I used to, but I still add to it from time to time (with plans to eventually release the newest build).
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I'm using v0.7.7.5 and any room I disassemble and reassemble crashes when I enter it. If I run as administrator, the game doesn't crash immediately but it screws up the SCD and THEN crashes. When I ran Room2001, it loaded the first camera and immediately asked if I wanted to use the computer.Both yes or no crashed the game

Comment

Working...
                X