Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BioHazard File Archive Tool

#41 Kipepeo

Quote Originally Posted by Tsolovvv View Post
    Hello friends... i,m not sure if this is the right place to ask you this. But i,m having trouble to
    open (extract/repack) the MSG files in Resident Evil 3 PC version... There is no option in the last biofat
    If someone can give me a hint it woud be super.
    I want to translate the game in Bulgarian language, so this MSG files are verry important.
    Thank in advance
    Hello

I'd be more than happy to help, but I'm going to need a few things from you.

I need a UTF-8 text file with all the Bulgarian font characters in alphabetical order - this is essential. Additionally, I'll need an image file, similar to that found in the Bio games, with all the Bulgarian font characters, as well. For reference, something like this: https://i.imgur.com/SoqO4Ef.png

...lucky for you, I just finished a RDT extractor and repacker for Bio3, so it will surely help you on your quest.
    I'm a blackstar.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrass View Post
    Hello

I'd be more than happy to help, but I'm going to need a few things from you.

I need a UTF-8 text file with all the Bulgarian font characters in alphabetical order - this is essential. Additionally, I'll need an image file, similar to that found in the Bio games, with all the Bulgarian font characters, as well. For reference, something like this: https://i.imgur.com/SoqO4Ef.png

...lucky for you, I just finished a RDT extractor and repacker for Bio3, so it will surely help you on your quest.
    Hello again sir, thank you for fast response
    I made UTF 8 Text but i have a additional question for the image file
    I,m using image from a russian version for the example, so this are russian not bulgarian character. They are similar but not identical.

http://postimg.org/image/9retzz0yx/

I see the upper two rows with the smallest fonts witch are not numbered on the picture i will change them.
    1 is big case characters
    blue 3 (sorry fot two 3's i see the mistake now is characters used in mercenaries menu
    green 3 is small case characters

My question is can i continue big case characters from 1 to the additional rows on 4. Becase bulgarian language have
    more characters than english and russian and if i continue i have to remove valuable characters for mercenaries menu on blue 3.

#41 Kipepeo

My question is can i continue big case characters from 1 to the additional rows on 4. Becase bulgarian language have
    more characters than english and russian and if i continue i have to remove valuable characters for mercenaries menu on blue 3.
    Absolutely! You can design it however you deem necessary.

Just make sure the characters match, in-order, with the UTF-8 that you provide.
    I'm a blackstar.

Absolutely! You can design it however you deem necessary.

Just make sure the characters match, in-order, with the UTF-8 that you provide.
    Ok sir I made it. I'm not the best photoshoper in the world but this have to work
    Its strange that the original TIM file have 60 sets, but when converted to bmp, edited with photoshop and repacked as TIM again... it only contain 30 sets.
    I made some attempts to solve this but couldn't. I think that may be this is why I see some garbage
    in game like this:
    example 1
    example 2
    This of course isn't a big problem, it will have to do this way
    So HERE are the files... If something isn't quit right, please let me know

#41 Kipepeo

Ok sir I made it. I'm not the best photoshoper in the world but this have to work
    Its strange that the original TIM file have 60 sets, but when converted to bmp, edited with photoshop and repacked as TIM again... it only contain 30 sets.
    I made some attempts to solve this but couldn't. I think that may be this is why I see some garbage
    in game like this:
    example 1
    example 2
    This of course isn't a big problem, it will have to do this way
    So HERE are the files... If something isn't quit right, please let me know
    The files you've provided will work just fine. Just to note, the "smallest fonts" (Yellow) aren't used in-game - they are used by debug builds. I will have a tool that will help assist message creation for ya soon.

As for your examples, it looks like there's an alpha channel/transparency issue. You may want to look into a better TIM plugin/creator.
    Last edited by MarkGrass; 04-29-2014 at 09:47 AM.
    I'm a blackstar.

The files you've provided will work just fine. Just to note, the "smallest fonts" (Yellow) aren't used in-game - they are used by debug builds. I will have a tool that will help assist message creation for ya soon.

As for your examples, it looks like there's an alpha channel/transparency issue. You may want to look into a better TIM plugin/creator.
    I will be very grateful sir
    Thanks for the update for examples I'll be waiting for the msg tool and RDT extractor and repacker
    Big THANKS from me and all Bulgarian fans community

I really don't want to sound hasty here, but want just to be sure that I,m not forgotten

#41 Kipepeo

I most certainly haven't forgotten.

Work and warm weather kind of occupy my time, now, but I will have a tool for you as soon as I can possibly get it to you.
    I'm a blackstar.

#41 Kipepeo

Here ya go.

It will convert Unicode text file (*.txt) to MSG data, and allow you to view the TXT file, as well.

I had to change the parser from UTF-8 to pure Unicode, so I hope it's not a problem. Just remember, Unicode!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm a blackstar.

Here ya go.

It will convert Unicode text file (*.txt) to MSG data, and allow you to view the TXT file, as well.

I had to change the parser from UTF-8 to pure Unicode, so I hope it's not a problem. Just remember, Unicode!
    Thank you so much sir, we really appreciate it...
    I know that next thing i,m going to ask you will sound annoying and stupid but I really could use some help using it... Sorry about that, I don't understand nothing from programing
    So once again, basically I want to change texts from the descriptions in the game, something like THIS, I found only 3 MSG files in game ROFS -- HERE, so I only presume that this 3 files contain all the text descriptions from this game
    So if you can show me how exactly to extract text from the MSG files, then translate it(my part) and repacked it again in MSG with this tool... it will be very helpful
    May some quick step by step guide with some words will do it... Something for someone who is not so enlightened in this matters ...

Here ya go.

Ok sir I think I got it...
    You can make MSG files from unicode .txt's .
    But how to see the text in those MSGs...
    When i open them with some text editor it shows only gibberish
    May be the game description isn't located only in this 3 files.... I noticed that they are just 1 kb each... it don't make sense.
    So I guess i must wait for your RDT extractor/repacked and check every single RDT for more MSG files

#00 Red Herb

Hi MarkGrass,

Really looking forward to diving into your Biofat program, mainly so I can copy visuals from the sourcnext releases to the English releases (the closest I've come so far is copying the zmovies lol).

The only issue I'm coming across at the moment is the blasted .dat files in RE3. I was sure originally I had a more recent version of Biofat that could handle this. I had trouble working it at first and I was going to return to it at a later date but after a recent issue with Windows Update I've lost it. However reading this thread better shows be I had an old version of the program (an unstable version?) so I had to jump on and ask (kindly ) could you help me regarding the .dat files? What program/method should I use if there is one with the .dat files?

Any help/guidance would be extremely grateful

There is no major rush, I'm already streaming the series on my gf twitch account and we're at the end of RE3/Outbreak (Raccon City Chapter) so this would be more of a personal project (but willing to share it out who would like an updated versions of RE2/3 )

#02 Bat

I've downloaded the latest version, and I don't know how to use (There is no Readme on the .rar) and asks me for a .INI, I want to open Biohazard 1 Betas files.

#41 Kipepeo

I'm sorry, I do not have any plans to support the Bio1 prototypes. :/
    I'm a blackstar.

#41 Kipepeo

Quote Originally Posted by ddsshocker View Post
    Hi MarkGrass,

Really looking forward to diving into your Biofat program, mainly so I can copy visuals from the sourcnext releases to the English releases (the closest I've come so far is copying the zmovies lol).

The only issue I'm coming across at the moment is the blasted .dat files in RE3. I was sure originally I had a more recent version of Biofat that could handle this. I had trouble working it at first and I was going to return to it at a later date but after a recent issue with Windows Update I've lost it. However reading this thread better shows be I had an old version of the program (an unstable version?) so I had to jump on and ask (kindly ) could you help me regarding the .dat files? What program/method should I use if there is one with the .dat files?

Any help/guidance would be extremely grateful

There is no major rush, I'm already streaming the series on my gf twitch account and we're at the end of RE3/Outbreak (Raccon City Chapter) so this would be more of a personal project (but willing to share it out who would like an updated versions of RE2/3 )
    PmData created some very useful utilities for Bio3 PC that support files with DAT extension. You should be able to easily find it (and others) at the modding forums (just google "resident evil 123").
    I'm a blackstar.

#41 Kipepeo

I've been receiving a lot of emails about this app, so just to clarify:

biofat is completely untested in Linux/Wine and I have no means of testing it. I'm sorry to say that if you use Linux, you're on your own.

biofat is closed source, due to a few bad apples in the past. I'm totally sorry for this, but it keeps my sanity in-tact.

biofat is primarily an English application, with room for expansion supporting other languages. Currently, I do not have any plans to add proper support for other languages, however.

Although biofat used to support many non-BH/RE video games, that is no longer the case and never again will be.

Surprisingly, yes, the project is still alive. I don't have nearly as much time that I used to, but I still add to it from time to time (with plans to eventually release the newest build).
    I'm a blackstar.

I'm using v0.7.7.5 and any room I disassemble and reassemble crashes when I enter it. If I run as administrator, the game doesn't crash immediately but it screws up the SCD and THEN crashes. When I ran Room2001, it loaded the first camera and immediately asked if I wanted to use the computer.Both yes or no crashed the game

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information