No announcement yet.

BioHazard File Archive Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So with this tool can you change the shape of rooms/objects and use whatever backbgrounds you want? Also, can you change the nature of the AI?

How does an enemy know how to walk around a corridoor to reach you instead of walking directly into a wall (probably too technical to be explained in full!)?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Well, if you're buying/building a PC for video editing, i'm assuming that massive amounts of RAM will included. ;) I assure you, running BioFat in that kind of environment isn't an issue - I often lounge around and make builds on my old laptop, a super-beast running on an 1.x ghz Intel Celeron processor with 512mb of RAM.

I've got a lot to learn, I don't really know anything about programming code, but it seems to be accessable to a lot of different experience levels so I think it'll be something I could really focus on.
      You said it best - you don't have to be a professional to develop an application.

I started out years ago by making AR/GS codes, got bored with that and taught myself c/c++ in spare time. It's not hard to accomplish if you've really got the desire and potential to learn.

So with this tool can you change the shape of rooms/objects and use whatever backbgrounds you want? Also, can you change the nature of the AI?
      Yes, yes and yes.

The room boundaries are controlled by "SCA" data, which is nothing more than basic geometry (squares, circles, etc).

The room objects can easily be modified as well:

The AI is limited to a set amount, meaning that there can only be so many movements per player/enemy, but yes, they can be modified, too. Check these links out:

How does an enemy know how to walk around a corridoor to reach you instead of walking directly into a wall (probably too technical to be explained in full!)?
      This is controlled by data located within any given RDT, "BLK" (block) and "FLR" (floor) data, to be specific. Again, simple geometry made up by primitive squares.

Who needs Dominion's "Dark BioHazard", when you've got a forum full of people that actually care to release information, and not for the sake nor size of their e-penis?
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-15-2011, 11:34 PM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
        Well, if you're buying/building a PC for video editing, i'm assuming that massive amounts of RAM will included. ;) I assure you, running BioFat in that kind of environment isn't an issue - I often lounge around and make builds on my old laptop, a super-beast running on an 1.x ghz Intel Celeron processor with 512mb of RAM.

You said it best - you don't have to be a professional to develop an application.

I started out years ago by making AR/GS codes, got bored with that and taught myself c/c++ in spare time. It's not hard to accomplish if you've really got the desire and potential to learn.

Yes, yes and yes.

The room boundaries are controlled by "SCA" data, which is nothing more than basic geometry (squares, circles, etc).

The room objects can easily be modified as well:

The AI is limited to a set amount, meaning that there can only be so many movements per player/enemy, but yes, they can be modified, too. Check these links out:

This is controlled by data located within any given RDT, "BLK" (block) and "FLR" (floor) data, to be specific. Again, simple geometry made up by primitive squares.

Who needs Dominion's "Dark BioHazard", when you've got a forum full of people that actually care to release information, and not for the sake nor size of their e-penis?
        Haha, hey well, perhaps I'll stick XP on this laptop when I can and use this for my hacking needs! I thought that with working with 3D models perhaps things might get a little hungry for resources, but I guess I'm overestimating exactly how resourceful this kind if thing is.

Wow, thanks! This info looks great, I'll have a look through that tomorrow!

Comment

I thought that with working with 3D models perhaps things might get a little hungry for resources
          It doesn't have a model editor, yet... so it's not that resourceful.

I have plans for model editing, for a variety of formats (TMD, MD1, MD2, OBJ, SMD, PMD, BIN, etc.), but there's a few things I need to complete before that can happen. Not to mention, i'm kinda pressed for time with real life stuff...

For now, the (un)converted models are ripped from their corresponding continer (RDT, EMD, PLD, etc.) which can then be modified using other apps, saved and reimported using biofat.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

With all this hacking thats going on, all thats really needed is someone who understands the format and is dedicated to do some work..and, the most illusive part, Someone who can create great 3D backgrounds.

Oh c2keo, where are you
            He had this amazing project lined up. He was re-doing all the backgrounds from the RE2 demo. Kendo's gunshot looked insane.

Lemme see if I can find it..
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-17-2011, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Someone who can create great 3D backgrounds.
              Look out for a member who's alias is "The Mortician"; this guy's getting pretty good:

Thread here:

Oh c2keo, where are you
              He had this amazing project lined up. He was re-doing all the backgrounds from the RE2 demo. Kendo's gunshot looked insane.

Lemme see if I can find it..
              Are you talking about this?

Yeah, c2keo is pretty badass, no doubt. I just wish he'd get motivated and release more work.

all thats really needed is someone who understands the format and is dedicated to do some work
              Exactly what format are you talking about?

If you're talking about background images for Bio2, that's already covered - people can use custom images by importing them into a file called "roomcut.bin". In other words, the ADT image format has been cracked for quite awhile, now.

All that's required is someone dedicated to the project, as you mentioned.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Awesome @ Mortician! Glad to see someone is doing something with all the hard work that was done to crack the formats.

Yep, thats the pic. Such a shame, it seemed like a project he could have completed since it was relatively small in scope compared to Dark Biohazard.

Just someone whos dedicated I mean, to learn everything and know it by heart.

Heres another render from c2ke0 that chris sent me.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ah, more renders from c2keo. *drools* Thanks!

Such a shame, it seemed like a project he could have completed since it was relatively small in scope compared to Dark Biohazard.

Just someone whos dedicated I mean, to learn everything and know it by heart.
                  Definitely a shame, indeed.

A few people have been in contact with c2keo, and he claims to lack motivation. Maybe he didn't get the praise he rightfully deserves? Maybe Dark BioHazard is really dead? Real life issues? Who knows... as I mentioned, I just wish he'd get back in the game.

And the dedication you talk about = no life. It'd be great for the rest of us, but it's really not worth it for the person doing the work when no pay or praise is involved.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

How far along are is the mod community on changing things like cutscenes and such? I mean, it seems to me that its the last stumbling block for making a truly new game.

Comment

Not far, at all.

The scripts located within RDT data can be disassembled with Biofat, and the opcodes and defintions thereof are "real", meaning that the game engine for BioHazard 2 has been completely disassembled. See the thread below for more info:

A huge thanks goes to Patrice Mandin, who originally deciphered most of the opcodes. Additionally, i'm pretty sure that you'd be interested in his app, reevengi:

PmData (Patrice) is a hardcore bad ass when it comes to this kinda stuff.

All that's needed is a script compiler, which isn't hard to accomplish. I currently have plans for this in biofat.

After that, one requires knowledge of what each opcode does, and thanks to PmData, it's readily availible here:

Once I create a script compiler, the game will be in palms of our hands. Obviously, it requires some knowledge of programming, but hey, noone said this stuff is easy. ;)
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Thats insane. I had no idea things had come so far.

Comment

Holy crap! Those backgrounds are gorgous! I wish I had the talent to do that!

Comment

The source code is now available.

BioHazard File Archive Tool (@SourceForge.net)

Browse SVN

Checkout

Download Source Code (latest)
                            Last edited by MeganGrass; 06-23-2011, 01:21 PM.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

As always, nice renders from c2keo, I really like his work. Inspired me to start with this whole stuff.

I`m still working on the renders, but I have not much spare time to do so..
                              It`s not hard to do the 3d stuff, like creating and rendering it all.. The real pain is to bring them into the game...

I wish there would be an open-source biohazard clone that would make life easier for us all..
                              Because being able to make something new from scratch rather then try to edit something already existing in a limited way is the better way to go..
                              Last edited by TheMortician; 06-26-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I still work on background replacements once in a while. Posting all of them would spoil the final product, but here's what I've been working on lately.

As for the lack of motivation, the only thing discouraging me is the aligning of camera angles and perspectives. I've been driven insane more than once

Comment

Working...
                                X