BioHazard File Archive Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
    MarkGras will you add the "EXTRA > Pmdata`s Reevengi tools > rofs" option to the new Archive Tool? Would be useful for the Resi 3 PC Version.
    The ROFS file type isn't overly difficult; I could likely create my own code for that by now.
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-07-2013, 06:19 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Well that would be fantastic. And maybe a option to rebuilt the rofs espacialy for the PLD/PLW and EMD Files.
      "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

Hey Mark! I find a bug in the new BIOFAT, when I try to extract Bio1.5 CDEMD0.EMS file, it crash, I hope you can fix it soon.

Thanks for your atention.

Comment

Hey Mark I found a bug too in the new BIOFAT. It'll crashes while extracting bio2 beta 2 CDEMD0.EMS and CDEMD1.EMS File.
          "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
            Hey Mark I found a bug too in the new BIOFAT. It'll crashes while extracting bio2 beta 2 CDEMD0.EMS and CDEMD1.EMS File.
            CDEMD0.EMS file extract fine for me, but when I extract CDEMD2.EMS file, it crash...

Comment

BIOfat versions 2-8-11, 6-23-11, 4-20-12, and 11-14-2012 crashed during RDT repack of ROOM100 whilst repacking ScriptMain, even if the file was not edited. I tried running each version as administrator and tried running each version with and without XP SP3 compatibility mode. I am unable to repack an RDT and thus I am unable to test out things I learned about modding opcodes.

There is a special problem with v11-14-2012 where disassembling an RDT gives me the room's INI file and nothing else.

I am using a Windows 7 64-bit operating system
              Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 03-01-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSpyda04 View Post
                BIOfat versions 2-8-11, 6-23-11, 4-20-12, and 11-14-2012 crashed during RDT repack of ROOM100 whilst repacking ScriptMain, even if the file was not edited. I tried running each version as administrator and tried running each version with and without XP SP3 compatibility mode. I am unable to repack an RDT and thus I am unable to test out things I learned about modding opcodes.

There is a special problem with v11-14-2012 where disassembling an RDT gives me the room's INI file and nothing else.

Those versions are outdated and useless (Many thanks to SDL/Reevengi code, for that).

Please, download a newer version:

biofat is a utility to handle multiple file types for multiple games, including: * BioHazard / Re

I also smashed the EMS archive file extraction bug.
                Last edited by MeganGrass; 03-01-2014, 01:15 PM.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Thanks for that new Version MarkGrass! To bad that it doesn't run on Win 7.
                  "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

I just personally tested it in three different computers, running Windows 7 32bit and 64bit versions - worked perfectly fine.

I also had two other people test, and it worked fine for them, too.

...be sure to extract all contents of the archive.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

*Scratches head in confusion*
                      "Where's the seanut brittle?"

There's no "RDT" option.
                      Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 03-01-2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

*Scratches head in confusion*
                        There's no "RDT" option.
                        That's what "BioHerb" is for.

There's simply too much data contained within a RDT to implement functionality into biofat, and let's face it - biofat is bloated enough, already.

Be patient - BioHerb will eventually do everything that biofat had previously done (extract+repack), and then some (obviously).
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                          That's what "BioHerb" is for.

There's simply too much data contained within a RDT to implement functionality into biofat, and let's face it - biofat is bloated enough, already.

Be patient - BioHerb will eventually do everything that biofat had previously done (extract+repack), and then some (obviously).
                          I will be able to manually edit code with newer versions of BioHerb? Maybe say clean out a room, create a door, and change the key_type to lock the said door from BioHerb? If so than I look forward to it but if BioHerb can only do minor edits with script editing than I need to be able to extract the SCD files and repack them with BIOfat. How long will I be waiting, about if you can give me a rough estimate?
                          Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 03-01-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I will be able to manually edit code with newer versions of BioHerb? Maybe say clean out a room, create a door, and change the key_type to lock the said door from BioHerb? If so than I look forward to it but if BioHerb can only do minor edits with script editing than I need to be able to extract the SCD files and repack them with BIOfat.

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                            How long will I be waiting, about if you can give me a rough estimate?
                            When it's done.

Seriously, I have no idea when that will be. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.
                            Last edited by MeganGrass; 03-01-2014, 06:27 PM.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Acknowledged. This may be inconvenient seeing as I can't repack RDT files for now. Anyhow I tested out the new version of BIOfat and created a log. The program seems to be pretty solid as far as I can tell. I was able to successfully extract two ADT, BGM, DIE, DO2, EMD, PLD, PLW, SAVE, SCD files, and create ROOMCUT dummy. I did not test out BIN, BSS, EMD, ITP, MD1, MSG, and PIX because either the option was greyed out or I was unfamiliar with the file type. All tested files were able to be reassembled except for ADT & SAVE (option greyed out) and SCD which caused the program to crash every time on reassembly.

On the first attempt, I had successfully and sequentially extracted eight files and BIOfat crashed extracting DIE0F but managed to create the TIM, INI, and EDT files; just not the VB and VH. Second time extracting DIE0F was a success.

And no, I don't think BIOfat is cluttered at all. There are MANY file formats that we still can't access such as VB, VH, CPT, EDH, DAT, etc.
                              Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 03-01-2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Acknowledged. This may be inconvenient seeing as I can't repack RDT files for now. Anyhow I tested out the new version of BIOfat and created a log. The program seems to be pretty solid as far as I can tell. I was able to successfully extract two ADT, BGM, DIE, DO2, EMD, PLD, PLW, SAVE, SCD files, and create ROOMCUT dummy. I did not test out BIN, BSS, EMD, ITP, MD1, MSG, and PIX because either the option was greyed out or I was unfamiliar with the file type. All tested files were able to be reassembled except for ADT & SAVE (option greyed out) and SCD which caused the program to crash every time on reassembly.

On the first attempt, I had successfully and sequentially extracted eight files and BIOfat crashed extracting DIE0F but managed to create the TIM, INI, and EDT files; just not the VB and VH. Second time extracting DIE0F was a success.

And no, I don't think BIOfat is cluttered at all. There are MANY file formats that we still can't access such as VB, VH, CPT, EDH, DAT, etc.
                                Now, this is a great bug report. Thank You.

SCD assembly - no clue what happened there, I'll look into it.

Sequential file extraction & eventual crash - I probably forget to clear a buffer. Again, I'll look into it.

As for support of VAB data (VH and VB), you may want to check out my 'Generic PSF' application, located here: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1020/

Of further note, EDT is related to sound data, same as VH and VB. EDT is a proprietary format, courtesy of CAPCOM, related to certain playback flags of sound effects and the like.

I prefer to keep RDT separate from biofat, because as-seen in BioHerb, requires an entire GUI menu dedicated to it's handling.

I mean, an 'all-in-one' application sounds nice and all, until you're the one that has to program it, all by yourself, hahahaha.
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X