No announcement yet.

BioHazard File Archive Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really sure how to use Generic PSF. I figured out that "FromPSF" creates an .EXE file although I'm not really sure what to do with it. What about PSF>Generic and PSF>Custom? What do these do? It's times like this when I wish I had an instruction manual.

Comment

First at all, thanks for the update Mark!

But, for some strage reason, the new version not work for me, I mean, I can't do no one thing with it, when I try to disassemble X file it say me "Disassemble"X"() Fail!".

What is happen there? I'm using Windows XP SP3, like always.

Anyway, glad to see a new update, also, I will be waiting for a new version of BioHerb.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSpyda04 View Post
        I'm not really sure how to use Generic PSF. I figured out that "FromPSF" creates an .EXE file although I'm not really sure what to do with it. What about PSF>Generic and PSF>Custom? What do these do? It's times like this when I wish I had an instruction manual.
        Well, you wondered about VH+VB (VAB) data, so...

Generic PSF simply creates PSF data from VAB+SEQ data. After all, VAB data isn't very useful for much of anything else, unless you're a musician and wish to create a soundfont, which this app doesn't do.

A PSF music file is simply a compressed PSone executable (EXE), hence, the "FromPSF" functionality - the executable can be loaded into PSFlab, etc.

The PSF->Generic dialog option is used to create your own PSF data, given the SEQ, VH and VB data that you provide. Furthermore, it uses my own custom driver, whereas the PSF->Custom feature allows one to use their own custom/original driver.

I don't do instruction manuals :/ I know that I probably should, but I have a difficult enough time explaining my work to others, already. If anyone feels up to the task, I'd be more than happy to include their 'readme' within future archives, given that it properly explains everything - same for biofat, etc.

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
        First at all, thanks for the update Mark!

But, for some strage reason, the new version not work for me, I mean, I can't do no one thing with it, when I try to disassemble X file it say me "Disassemble"X"() Fail!".

What is happen there? I'm using Windows XP SP3, like always.

Anyway, glad to see a new update, also, I will be waiting for a new version of BioHerb.
        ...Same thing that I told CrazyEddie - I've tested it on numerous machines, with OS varying from XP SP3, Win7x64 and Win7x86. I've also had several other people test, just to be sure.

The only thing that I can say about the "Dissasemble() Fail!"-type error is that it would occur if/when you try to access a file that's already open in another app (Hex Editor, etc) - Without any major exception, that's the absolute only reason that message is displayed.

Furthermore, I haven't changed anything in the way files are generally accessed and handled, so this is a curious one, for sure.

I'm honestly at a loss here, especially for the reason that you're able to run the application. I simply don't know why any of it's features won't work for you.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

PSFlab is making my head spin - I'm used to just replacing files and editing WAVs, not searching through 9999 lines of code for no apparent reason. There's no way to simply convert BGM to WAV and then back to BGM?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSpyda04 View Post
            PSFlab is making my head spin - I'm used to just replacing files and editing WAVs, not searching through 9999 lines of code for no apparent reason. There's no way to simply convert BGM to WAV and then back to BGM?
            PSFLab is for advanced users, even more so, for the creation and editing of PSF data - it isn't used for Waveform creation.

To create a waveform (*.wav) from a BGM, follow these steps:

1: Use the 'Bio2->BGM->Disassemble' option in biofat; it will automatically create a proper, working PSF for you.

2: Load the PSF in a supported music player (Winamp, Foobar, etc).

3: Use the 'Disk Writer' (or whatever) plugin to create a waveform (*.wav).

4: Congratulations. You're officially a hack.exe superstar.

...and you can't convert a waveform to BGM data.

BGM data is sequenced, WAV is streamed.
            Last edited by MeganGrass; 03-02-2014, 02:57 PM.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I discover which was the problem I had, it was because I used a point in the name of the folder where BIOFAT is located (biofat7.1), so I remove the point and is working like a charm now!

Thanks again for the update, can't wait to have a RDT extract/repack for 1.5, I'm already a little tired of modify them by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                Thanks again for the update, can't wait to have a RDT extract/repack for 1.5, I'm already a little tired of modify them by hand.
                You won't have to wait much longer.
                Last edited by MeganGrass; 03-07-2014, 12:29 AM.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                  You won't have to wait much longer.
                  I'm very excited! Thanks a lot Mark!

Comment

A realtime room plotter akin to Reevengi would be great where you walk the perimeter to create boundaries and click to place door, stairs, enemies, background change etc, then you can manualy refine it later once you've got the basic room layout, or maybe have the ability to draw on top of bs backgrounds with a paint line tool.
                    Last edited by Mikhail; 03-07-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                      A realtime room plotter akin to Reevengi would be great where you walk the perimeter to create boundaries and click to place door, stairs, enemies, background change etc, then you can manualy refine it later once you've got the basic room layout, or maybe have the ability to draw on top of bs backgrounds with a paint line tool.
                      +1

Definitely, something like that can be great Mikhail, I hope Mark or someone else can do it for us some day.

But anyway, BioHerb is a great tool.
                      Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 03-07-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I have SEQ, VH, and VB file (ripped from PSF). How can I make SF2 or DLS (bank sound format), I mean VB - sample data, VH - header. I want to use SEQ (midi) and soundfont in FLstudio

Comment

Hello, newcomer.

I've attached a zip archive to this post, containing an application called "PGconv". It comes in two flavors - Japanese and English (unofficial resource hack).

To create a DLS, follow the steps:

1 - Convert the VH+VB data to a VAB archive file, using GenPSF.

2 - Use the PGconv app to analyze the VAB file (Analysis) - it will output a CLG file.

3 - Do the Convert option in PGconv, using the newly-produced CLG file. This will output your soundfont data file (*.dls).

4 - Use the options above to convert SEQ to MID.

Mind you, this is an old method that I've been using for many, many years, and there are likely better techniques, by now (Awave Studio, etc)... but yeah, this method works.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by MeganGrass; 03-09-2014, 09:03 AM.
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Thanks for answer!
                            I have another way. I found that AwaveStudio can read *.VAV and *.SEQ. VAB can be converted to *.DLS, SEQ - to MIDI. To get SEQ you need to split SEP, to get VAB - combine VB and VH (with genpsf.exe). Sometimes the loop in waveform is not correct (click can be hear).
                            Now I'm interesting how can I rip *.psf to get seq, vb and vh? It's easy to rip *.HSP (resident evil 1), but how do the same with miniPsf and PSF?

Comment

Originally posted by Adala View Post
                              Thanks for answer!
                              I have another way. I found that AwaveStudio can read *.VAV and *.SEQ. VAB can be converted to *.DLS, SEQ - to MIDI. To get SEQ you need to split SEP, to get VAB - combine VB and VH (with genpsf.exe). Sometimes the loop in waveform is not correct (click can be hear).
                              Now I'm interesting how can I rip *.psf to get seq, vb and vh? It's easy to rip *.HSP (resident evil 1), but how do the same with miniPsf and PSF?
                              So far as I know, PGconv doesn't have a problem with looping samples - I've used it many times to create my personal mixes and/or just to play around with the various audio with my keyboard. Of course, there could always be that 'one exception'.

As for extracting data from a PSF, a fellow video game music enthusiast named snakemeat created a really great app for that, but it can do a whole lot more.

VGMToolbox is a C# based tool to assist VGM collectors and dumpers. It includes tools to extract, optimize, and build VGM formats as well as…
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I used vgmtoolbox, but I don't know how can I unpacked seq and vab from PSF. I tried use "xSF2EXE" function and then "PSF data finder". Then vgmtoolbox created a folder, named as file name. In thei folder I found VH and SEQ without VB, in ohers folder just VB and VH without SEQ.
                                May be I'm doing something wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X