Vooks Hands-On: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vooks Hands-On: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

There's a hands on article from Vooks on RE: The Mercenaries 3D. The article was full of praises, except the long 20 secs loading time. Nothing really new was revealed though unfortunately.

Vooks.net - Hands-On: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

I don't think any load time can ever be as frustrating as Outbreak's.

Comment

"Funnily enough, despite not having a dual analog setup, the game worked quite well although the classic Resident Evil control scheme is very D-Pad friendly"

^^^ Jesus.... He finds it surprising that a game can work with one analog or a D-pad?

He probably started playing games since the Dual Analog controller entered the scene. And has used absolutely little else to play games ever since. Aside from the Dual Shock upgrades, that is.

Anywhoo, about the loading times.... I think it must be due to 3D games needing to be rendered twice to run. Or just sloppy programming. Since back in the GameCube era, Capcom figured out how to reduce the loading times of RE Zero when they ported the game over from the cartridge based N64. At first they didn't know how to do it. But Nintendo stepped in and gave them a few tips. And that's why the partner zapping system (switching partners) in that game was possible.
      Last edited by Pikminister; 02-20-2011, 11:58 AM.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

Looks interesting. I just hope there's a mode that's not time based. And Claire being in a new game (albeit a spin off of a mini game) is great. Gives me hope she may return in a game sometime soon.

Comment

^ yea I want to see Claire and Chris together for SN entire game not just the end of CV
          "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

The game goes to first person when you aim? Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
              The director of the game has explained the reasons as to why they needed to do that.

Basically, its because the game it's on a handheld device with a much smaller screen. On a big screen, it wasn't a problem to have the character take up a big chunk of it while you were shooting enemies. So going into a seudo-FPS mode seemed like the best option for them to take.

Obviously, none of this placates a RE purist. Who will damn the whole thing to hell regardless of any valid reasons behind this move.
              sigpic

Comment

The first person works pretty well, I tried it a couple weeks back. Not all weapons make you use first person aiming though.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                  Eh, it worked well enough in Dead Aim so I don't see the problem. Plus, I would imagine shooters for the 3DS would do everything they can to exploit the visuals in a more "in your face" way.

Comment

Is there going to be just this 4 characters? If so, it would be a shame.

Comment

You start with 4. You unlock more. How in the hell do people not get this? XD The cover art alone has more than four characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                        You start with 4. You unlock more. How in the hell do people not get this? XD The cover art alone has more than four characters.

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

the 1st person is not optional???? if thats the case it will be lame.

Comment

FPS is actually optional.

You have the option of playing the entire game that way.

Like I said... optional.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm never getting this kiddie handheld so I won't be able to enjoy this title. It would have been a cool budget release on HD consoles.

Comment

Working...
                              X