Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Details

There's a preview article over at gameReview for RE The Mercenaries, written based on the game demo at GDC.

According to the Capcom representative, the final game will contain 30 different stages, and that there will be other characters waiting to be announced. Capcom also said that killing the enemies to achieve the highest score wouldn't be the only objective in this game as well: There will be a slew of other new objectives for this title.

GamrReview

UPDATE
    Just a minor update here: Capcom will be having an event in Japan at the end od this month where they will be showcasing their 3DS titles, which includes Resident Evil The Mercenaries in playable form. For more details, chec out the link.

AndriaSang
    Last edited by xfactor; 03-04-2011, 08:16 AM.

30 different stages?? Wau just Wau
    Spoiler:

Comment

Hopefully among those 30 we can find some Raccoon City stages and also Nemesis.

Comment

This is awful news...it means it's a must buy now. Had little interest in a game that was recycling maps we'd already seen but if they're throwing new stuff in there, fantastic, i'm in.

Comment

If any of the objectives are like RE:3 mercs then consider my interest piqued!
          Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 03-04-2011, 06:18 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I can imagine there being a RE3 style mode, maybe. We can always hope?

Comment

Wow, that's essentially twice the amount of 4 and 5's stages combined. They better give us Birkin's Labs, Raccoon City, The Spencer Estate, and some CV(X) goodness! If they have remixed tracks, this would be the perfect arcade-style RE dream game.

I mean, shiiiit, what other characters could they possibly announce which are attached to the series and haven't already been in the 4 and 5 Mercs? If we can play as Krauser and Wesker, then what leaves other human/boss characters out of the mix?

Here I am getting ahead of myself like the textbook naive RE fan. Still, this is awesome news. The only hindrance to this is the thought that the 30 stages might be whittled down to a lesser number, a la the Outbreak situation (20 stages in the first game? NO WAY!)

Comment

30 stages, that's a lot; I wonder if the stages will be "different", since in the demo, in public assembly you could only move on the "first" floor; I hope they don't make other "stage" in the second floor --__--

Comment

I'm interested in seeing more of these so-called 30 stages they put in. Can we hope on some areas of Raccoon City? And maybe some of the enemies from the original games, like the Licker, Hunter, Giant Snake?

Also, I hope we get to see more of Revelations as well. Isn't Mercenaries due to come out around the 3DS launch, which is in a few weeks?
                  My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                  ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                    Also, I hope we get to see more of Revelations as well. Isn't Mercenaries due to come out around the 3DS launch, which is in a few weeks?
                    According to the tome of reliable knowledge, wikipedia, it's coming out July 6th. Not really launch time but nonetheless early.

Comment

Very excited for this they will definitely bring some classic areas I've always wanted them in RE5 but I guess this will work
                      "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Public Assembly - Day
                        Public Assembly - Night

There are 2 maps!
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Even if the game ends up having that, there will still be 6 new maps

Comment

I thought it was March 25th, I saw a add on TV the other day.
                            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

The 3DS isn't even out until the 27th.

In America, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X