Silent Hill Revelation 3D Announced, Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill Revelation 3D Announced, Details

The 2nd Silent Hill movie, now titled Silent Hill Revelations 3D, have just been formally announced. It will be based on Silent Hill 3, with the newly revealed Adelaide Clemens taking on the role of Heather Mason.

Kit Harington will be joining the movie, and Michael J. Bassett will be directing the movie.

For years, Heather Mason (Clemens) and her father have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. Now on the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she's not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever.
    DreadCentral
    Last edited by xfactor; 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM.

'Revelations' and '3D' are quite popular words for titles these days.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh god, I have a bad feeling about this, I hope I am wrong.

The first one was perfect (enough) in my eyes.

Comment

I will not knock it until I see it.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I think it could be good, the first wasnt bad.

Comment

If you played "Silent Hill" 1 & 3 - then it is easy to see how this makes no sense given the plot changes of the first film... then again, my largest problem with the first film was how tailored it was to the image of the game that it excluded non-fans and took certain story relevant elements (like certain Triangular headed monsters) and threw them in without point or purpose. And even as a fan, the ending made little sense. I'd rather watch an adaptation that creates its own world then see one that relies completely on the look that it misses the point. Just my opinion, I still own the bloody movie.

Comment

the Silent Hill movie was actually really decent in most respects. So I'm looking forward to this.

Comment

not being a fan of the series, i saw the first film, and loved it, rushed out and bought Silent Hill The Collection and the first game.

Ideally the second SH movie should carry on with where the first one ended. If you could persuade Sean Bean back, you could quite easily have him look for his wife (who according to the end of the first film - is still trapped) and that would lead quite nicely using the SH2 storyline. Just a thought.

Comment

Sucks that Sean Bean is no longer in this. What a shame. I'll still watch however out of interest, I did love the first film and still think it's the best video-game to film adaption out there yet.

Comment

I wonder if that dichotomic Sharon/Alessa character will reprise a role in this movie? Given that Rose (mother from the first movie) and Sharon are still stuck in Silent Hill, per se, I wonder how that's gonna tie in with this movie (if at all)?

Comment

What you guys need to remember is that it's a diff director, writer and eveything, so it will most likely be nothing like the first movie.

So hopefully it is an improvement on the last, not some shit throw together.

I need to read up more on this director and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                        Sucks that Sean Bean is no longer in this. What a shame. I'll still watch however out of interest, I did love the first film and still think it's the best video-game to film adaption out there yet.
                        I was about to say.. oh well, there goes my only real interest in the film. It's a tragedy that Sean Bean didn't actually get to play the real role of Harry Mason in the first film.
                        Last edited by valentinesdead?; 03-08-2011, 09:09 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well let's see how this develops, will the long gap since the first one help or hinder it? Does it show "they" have taken their time or was there a lack of interest from the studios to back it. I have faith in this I mean compared to the Resident Evil movies which made the first one look like Citizen Kane or some other highly revered film I guess I'll approach this one with cautious optimism . . .
                          sigpic

Comment

She looks way to old like 30 or something ... bad bad choice !

Comment

^She's 21 actually.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X