No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Preview Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another preview. This one comes from PAX.......

The last game I got to play at the show was Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D.

If you've been following a long, you'll know that this is a game I've been pretty nervous about for a while.

Thankfully, I walked away from the game with total confidence that it would be worth the purchase, even with the first person perspective and walk-shooting.

The game may be a remix of the Mercenaries mode from Resident Evil 4 and 5, but with over 30 missions, tons of playable characters, 2-player online co-op, and a new score based upgrade system, there is still plenty bang for your buck here.

For a die hard Mercenaries fan, this game is a must have.
    Source: PAX East: Hands-on with Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D

There is another preview at GamePro, but it read like it was made by someone who was rather clueless. The previewer mentions that he could play as Jill Valentine (as far as I know, she isn't part of the 4 characters you can use in the demo). And he says the game runs in High Resolution when you turn the 3D off.

Here's the link: GamePro - PAX East: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D Preview
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
      RE4 = 15 missions
      RE5 = 15 missions

TOTAL = 30 MISSIONS
      Fixed.
      See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
        Fixed.
        ^^^ See, but that's the demo.

The complete game should go like this:

STAGE RE1 = 5 missions
        STAGE RE2 = 5 missions
        STAGE RE3 = 5 missions
        STAGE RE4 = 5 missions
        STAGE C:V = 5 missions
        STAGE RE5 = 5 missions

TOTAL = 6 STAGES & 30 MISSIONS

Bonus Stages:

Resident Evil: Gaiden= 15 missions
        RE: The Alice Movies= 15 missions

(I kid)
        sigpic

Comment

^If only.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing its fifteen a piece for re4 and re5 seeing as how the levels were already fixed for mercs from the console games I don't see Capcom actually trying to put in more work all their creativity is be spent on Revelations that's like their cut off point
            "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Another preview from PAX.

Now this one makes the point that you can NOT move while shooting, thus contradicting other previews that say otherwise. Go figure.

It also mentioned that they could play as Jill Valentine. Maybe the demo at PAX allowed you to choose that character, because this is the 2nd preview from PAX that mentions Jill. Or maybe, because Jill Valentine had a ponytail in RE5, people who never played RE games before RE5, think that Claire Redfield is Jill. I dunno.

Rresident Evil The Mercenaries Nintendo 3DS Preview/227701/

PAX previewers cannot tell the difference between Jill and Claire... Hmmmm

Isn't it obvious who is who? No?.... Ok (Jill looks like that chick from "True Blood" here).
              Last edited by Pikminister; 03-15-2011, 09:59 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I got to give it a run at Pax. It was actually pretty fun (not sure if I could invert the aim, but it was a minor sticking point).

The characters where Chris, Claire, Hunk and Krauser

you could walk while shooting. But you couldn't really aim up while doing that. So it may have limited application against more mobile targets.

The 3D was noticable, I wouldn't say immersive as hell though.

There is no run button, it's based on how far you move the analog nub. But there is a walk button.

Touch controls are very easy to pull off, and unlike the DS you don't need a stylus for it to register.

Comment

PAX previewers cannot tell the difference between Jill and Claire... Hmmmm
                  My guess would be that this is correct.

Isn't it obvious who is who? No?.... Ok (Jill looks like that chick from "True Blood" here).
                  That is an insult to all True Blood cast members. Terrible gmod image is fucking terrible. Gill needs to follow the advice given in Robin Hood Men in Tights. "Blinken fix your boobs." Fucking terrible.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

...the fuck is this picture?

Comment

I am not getting my hopes up for there to be anything from the classic games in this game (excluding Claire obviously), and I would advise all of you to do the same to avoid disappointment upon release. If I sound overly pessimistic, remember all the times you've thought that the RE games since RE4 would be way cooler before they were released than they actually were.

30 "missions" could mean anything. It could mean that there are 10 stages and 3 different gameplay modes, or 15 stages and 2 different modes. I've also heard Capcom employees mention 30+ missions, so my guess is 12 stages (from RE4 & RE5, no new ones) and 3 different gameplay modes for a total of 36 "missions." I believe one of these scenarios is the case, since Capcom is being extremely vague with their wording.

Best case scenario in my mind? I'll go with 15 stages: 12 from RE4/RE5 and 3 "classic location" stages. Enemies will all be from RE4 and RE5, since making new stages probably takes far less effort than making new enemies. But I am honestly not expecting new stages at all, at least not from games that aren't RE4 or RE5. Remember, this game will cater to fans of the Mercenaries modes featured in the new games, many of which could give a damn less about the old games.

Don't get your hopes up!

As for this picture, I'd also like to know its origin...
                      Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 03-18-2011, 01:21 AM.
                      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

The Half-Life Garry's mod produced that image. Again, Jill's got some boobies like wow oh wow, but not in the same way that Usher puts it. It looks like they're sentient and they're about to start spinning around like propellers, making her fly out of the frame a la Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post

As for this picture, I'd also like to know its origin...
                          Don't mean to go off-topic here but ... DAMN THAT'S A FINE PIECE Of WORK!

Comment

I am not getting my hopes up for there to be anything from the classic games in this game (excluding Claire obviously), and I would advise all of you to do the same to avoid disappointment upon release
                            Now that's what I call a realist.

Anywhoo... close your eyes Rosetta Mist.

Click spoilers for MOAR mind-melting images of Jill & Claire...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I am not getting my hopes up for there to be anything from the classic games in this game (excluding Claire obviously), and I would advise all of you to do the same to avoid disappointment upon release. If I sound overly pessimistic, remember all the times you've thought that the RE games since RE4 would be way cooler before they were released than they actually were.

30 "missions" could mean anything. It could mean that there are 10 stages and 3 different gameplay modes, or 15 stages and 2 different modes. I've also heard Capcom employees mention 30+ missions, so my guess is 12 stages (from RE4 & RE5, no new ones) and 3 different gameplay modes for a total of 36 "missions." I believe one of these scenarios is the case, since Capcom is being extremely vague with their wording.

Best case scenario in my mind? I'll go with 15 stages: 12 from RE4/RE5 and 3 "classic location" stages. Enemies will all be from RE4 and RE5, since making new stages probably takes far less effort than making new enemies. But I am honestly not expecting new stages at all, at least not from games that aren't RE4 or RE5. Remember, this game will cater to fans of the Mercenaries modes featured in the new games, many of which could give a damn less about the old games.

Don't get your hopes up!
                              Don't worry. I haven't gotten my hopes up too high for this one either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
                                ...the fuck is this picture?
                                I dont know what it is but i like it. XD

Comment

Working...
                                X