Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 years of Resident Evil (here's to 15 more!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really nice to see some old names around here, again - St. Eve, Scream, etc.... Hello!

And.... why isn't anyone talking about this?
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 03-22-2011, 12:07 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

^Yeah. Really nice to see some irregulars/former regulars pop up

Dunno if it´s just lurking, suddenly thinking of us or seeing the 15th anniversary come up that has brought you guys here, but regardless; it´s good to see you around! (Hah! St.Eve´s not posted in like two and a half year!)

Also, that´s one fine cake, Shinobi! Is that your handy work?

Comment

Christ, fifteen years. Well here's to fifteen more!
        See you in hell.

Comment

Happy birthday and all, but I really wish that we wouldve gotten an announcement for a new game for this year (at least for PS3 / XBOX) . I just really don't know if I should get the DS just for 2 Resident Evil games. I got the Wii for different games ... now it's just standing there, haven't played it in months.

Comment

Damn, 15 years. I was 12 when I got it, and it was so epic.

Comment

Carnivol > 40% my hand / 60% my girlfriend hand ! After i fucked up the spencer's mansion roof top color (wanted to make it black , but turned brown) she took control and did the lower half of the mansion and most of the overall little details

We used simple tools for the cake (spoon , butter knife , toothpick etc..)
              We had no fancy tools & no past experience in B-Day cake & icing color mixtures, so it was trial & error ; one drop of this & that.. repeating the process to get as close as possible color result ! took about an hour & half including baking in pyrex 2.8l ! Ended up better than i expected. we will make others as it's low cost 7$ and quite fun to make.here's most of what we used & what's left of it as we speak

as for membership , on my side i've been looking at the horror is alive website since as far as i can remember , one day it stopped working for a while , so i came back way later when it was back from the dead, reading some news and good forum threads mainly on the old school RE stuff / Collection Section / 1.5 etc.., i finally registered this month as a member. 15th Anniversary closing by motivated me to participate in the field ;).
              sigpic

Comment

Playing remake on the Dolphin in celebration of its 15 birthday. Damn this game still looks good.

Comment

^Even with prerendered backgrounds it still looks amazing.
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ~ Thanks to all the staff at THIA, PU, BIOHAZE, & ReCenter, all of whom seem more aware of today's significance than Capcom. There have been highs {Remake} and lows {as highlighted in Scream's insightful post on page 1} There are many potentially good developments on the horizon, and I am confident that Biohazard 6 will bring the series back to its origins, as so beautifully realised in Remake.
                    I can still remember the opening musical score when I entered RPD's main entrance hall for the first time, like it was yesterday....Capcom will do well to match the atmospheric heights of Biohazard 2, but it is possible if they reign in the mindless violence, with a focus back to survival horror.
                    Last edited by GEORGE TREVOR; 03-22-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

And, oh, yeah, I guess I´ll update the main post to mention some of the other fan efforts.

Can´t believe I forgot about Dark Biohazard, and I guess a tiny shoutout to hacking communities is in place too (even though, as Scream say, the talent pool in the RE community isn´t nearly as impressive and capable as in certain other communities.)

Comment

the talent pool in the RE community isn´t nearly as impressive and capable as in certain other communities.
                        I beg to differ.

I feel that I must remind everyone, hacking/modifying RE/BH games isn't exactly what I would call "simple". All file formats are custom, unlike *game title* that exists within *game community*.

Not to mention, hardly anyone in this community cares, anymore - they'd much rather spend countless hours "shooting everything in sight" *cough* new RE/BH games *cough*, as if they were zombies, themselves.
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Thanks for advertising my project, Carn
                          Happy birthday to everyone in the RE community
                          Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Can't believe its already being 15 years since the first game scared the crap out of me >.< still trying to decide which version to start playing tonight caught between basic RE1, DC or saturn version, anyway thanks to THIA for pretty much keeping me informed about anything resident evil related since I first joined, and happy birthday Resident Evil here is to another 15 years of scaring the crap out of new blood

Comment

It's nice how this anniversary is bringing people together, old fans and new fans alike.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                                It's nice how this anniversary is bringing people together, old fans and new fans alike.
                                Indeed, it's nice to see everyone come together before we're forced back into the shadows. Looking forward to the 20th anniversary, who knows where the series will be then...maybe dead?!

YouTube video:
                                Last edited by Carnivol; 03-22-2011, 06:11 PM.
                                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                                X