Resident Evil "Revival Selection" For PS3/360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Well, in the UK, it could have done with being playable online. They took that out for File #1, and by the time I got File #2 the servers were long gone.

Honestly? I've always considered it utter madness that they decided to make the game for the PS2. The 360 was much, much more capable of handling online games at the time.
    Yeah, the lack of online multiplayer was ridiculous. While I think the 360 would have been a better choice, the Resident Evil series at that point was still primarily a PlayStation series. Capcom had already dabbled with the Gamecube, but I don't think they quite knew about the profit potential of the 360 at that point.

Originally posted by Stu View Post
    Not sure why people are concentrating on the online element, PS2 was adequate, which was all it needed to be. The problem is that the games themselves were poor.
    I'm afraid I have to disagree with you, Stu. I thought they were pretty good, and File #2 actually allowed you to move and fire at the same time.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-23-2011, 09:24 AM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• I do agree that the loading times was pretty long, but for me that was just part of the outbreak experince. As for seen the civilian viewpoint i think that was interresting Couse, ever sinse i played re 3 i always felt like ^how was it for the civilans^ and then outbreak came! And i felt like yelling Halleluja... and what made me happy about outbreak, was that... hey i played resident evil 1, 2 ,3 then i just really felt like how would it be ... to actully have other people to run around with in racoon city.. to survive and live the outbreak out together and thats what outbreak file 1 and 2 gave us a coop game for 4 players in a resident evil world and i just loved it everyday

Yes outbreak 1,2 had its flaws but its still on the top of my list of online games.
      Last edited by rehunk88; 03-23-2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• I did not mean to say 360 in my last post. I meant to say Xbox. I am a fool. In fairness, I'm also doped.

Originally posted by Stu View Post
        Not sure why people are concentrating on the online element, PS2 was adequate, which was all it needed to be. The problem is that the games themselves were poor.
        Eh, I liked them. More than I like RE4. They were technically inferior in every way, but they were more fun for me to play. If nothing else it felt like the Leechman was a constant danger, that a mad asshole with an axe was something to be terrified of, and that I couldn't afford to blast my way through every poblem.

They're one of the few games I'd want to play online, and I was pretty irritated that I couldn't.

Comment

• Y'ALL DISAGREEING ARE LUCKY YOU'RE BEHIND A PC SCREEN!! haha

Just couldn't enjoy them at all. They looked purdy for sure, and i wish i could enjoy them but they just never clicked. I tried them at release, nothing. Tried them some months again later, nothing. Then i've tried them other times over the following years but i just can't enjoy them. Not a patch on the earlier games, and certainly nowhere near good enough compared to RE4 as far as i was concerned.

Maybe one day...but i doubt it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
            Y'ALL DISAGREEING ARE LUCKY YOU'RE BEHIND A PC SCREEN!! haha
            This is how I picture Stu:

Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-23-2011, 09:42 AM.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Just couldn't enjoy them at all. They looked purdy for sure, and i wish i could enjoy them but they just never clicked. I tried them at release, nothing. Tried them some months again later, nothing. Then i've tried them other times over the following years but i just can't enjoy them. Not a patch on the earlier games, and certainly nowhere near good enough compared to RE4 as far as i was concerned.

Maybe one day...but i doubt it!
              Stu dont keep going with this shit ok ? end of story

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                This is how I picture Stu:

Not far off!

Comment

Why do I always image you as Charlie Brooker when you talk on here Stu, damn you

I am hoping that Capcom will be smart when it comes to how you earn the achivements/trophies in Code Veronica/4 and add some interesting ways to play the two titles.

Comment

• Stu is the kind of member that THIA deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll give him infractions, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent troll. A dark knight.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Lol at this Outbreak crap. Cmon guys you are not the only ones who are disapointed. I was hoping for Remake in HD. I have Re4 for Ps2, Wii, Gamecube and Pc. Now I have to buy it again and I'm not complaining. I dont know what I was expecting with the scans but I cant see a huge difference in either game. But as long as there is trophies then I'm sold. I just completed Code Veronica AGAIN so I'm really not excited about this release but Re4 should be a very good buy and I think it could sell alot now that Re5 has brought in some new fans. I know my mates would probably be interested in buying it. So if Re4 is for the new fans I take it Code is for the Hardcores, not the best choice but if they had to retouch 2 and 3 it would be pointless without a complete overhaul and if they are looking to charge half the price it wont be worth their time so I can understand why they choose Code but still a bitter pill to swallow none the less. I feel for Re 2 and 3 I really do. RE2 is the most well known and praised about game of the series and it really does deserve a remaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                        Why do I always image you as Charlie Brooker when you talk on here Stu, damn you
                        I will definitely that over the picture!!

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        Stu is the kind of member that THIA deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll give him infractions, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent troll. A dark knight.
                        To quote Carn: ""I generally like to think of Stu as the guy who kinda says what the rest of us can't always do ourself. Maybe not exactly the type of poster we need, but the kind we deserve! You know, like the speech Gordon gives his son at the end of The Dark Knight?"

Comment

• See, I agree with that sentiment. I can appreciate the bluntness and the fact that you're direct to the point, there's too much pussyfooting around on here.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Another good way of expressing the internets

Comment

• I now picture Stu as Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

• I, on the other, intend to hunt down Stu, stake him through the heart and cut off his head before burning his corpse and burying the ashes at a crossroads, because I fear anything less will simply cause him to rise up once more, stronger than even I can imagine.

Then again, that's my intention for almost everyone...

Comment

Working...
                                X