Resident Evil "Revival Selection" For PS3/360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    I, on the other, intend to hunt down Stu, stake him through the heart and cut off his head before burning his corpse and burying the ashes at a crossroads, because I fear anything less will simply cause him to rise up once more, stronger than even I can imagine.
    It's what we have to do, Darkmoon. It's the way things are. Stu can't be allowed to return home alive. We'll persecute him and we'll hunt him, because that's the way things have to be, someone has to sacrifice themselves to uphold the status quo.

The people need a common enemy, a target to unite them and in turn maintain order and balance.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-23-2011, 10:06 AM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• You just know you guys are contract-bound to a sequel in 10 years though when my spawn seeks vengeance.

I plan ahead ya see.

Comment

• I think this thread best summarize the whole nature of what the Resident Evil Community is and should be linked to its 15 anniversary.

5 stages of denial
        optimism
        Anger at Capcom for releasing specific title A than tile B
        Dick waving competitions
        Authority to control a potential situation
        Interesting arguments and debates
        Ego bashing

Repeat

It has it all!

Comment

• After careful consideration and a review of the actions of myself and others I have come to three conclusions.

1 - We had a topic.

2 - We have strayed far from that topic.

3 - We must make every effort to return to that topic. Whatever it was.

Comment

• I think it was about Outbreak fanb...

No, i won't fan those flames!

RE4 in HD! WINNER!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
              I think it was about Outbreak fanb...

RE4 in HD! WINNER!!
              It was about you been respectless to the Reoutbreak fans thats what it was all about

but yeah back to re code veronica and re 4 in HD !!!
              Last edited by rehunk88; 03-23-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• 'Another order' including Ada Wong? Was that on the Wii edition of the game? I thought that game was called seperate ways?
                Well... they could, just COULD add Mercenaries Co-Op split screen and or online multiplayer, cause Mercenaries is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                  I think it was about Outbreak fanb...

RE4 in HD! WINNER!!
                  You're the guy that starts the fire, I'm the guy who has a huge tank of water nearby but does nothing with it.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    You're the guy that starts the fire, I'm the guy who has a huge tank of water nearby but does nothing with it.
                    haha preferring only to throw extra logs on it just to see what happens!

Comment

• CODE: Veronica? Okay, I am absolutely, completely, wholeheartedly excited. I'd prefer they never, ever touch CVX with a remake, so something like this is extraordinarily pleasing, to me. I cannot wait. Having CVX on my 360 is delicious fun, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bianca View Post
                        CODE: Veronica? Okay, I am absolutely, completely, wholeheartedly excited. I'd prefer they never, ever touch CVX with a remake, so something like this is extraordinarily pleasing, to me. I cannot wait. Having CVX on my 360 is delicious fun, yes.
                        Yeah god damn them for Remaking an RE game it could end up a complete mess like that rubbish Remake game. :-/

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                          Yeah god damn them for Remaking an RE game it could end up a complete mess like that rubbish Remake game. :-/
                          I'd actually agree with what you're saying if I wasn't wholly convinced that a remake of any of the original titles would only prove to be disastrous, at this point. I think most of us here know it's extremely unlikely Capcom will ever design another remake using the particular attributes that made REmake so special. Just look at Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. Sure, neither games were remakes, but they are prime examples of what could possibly be the result of tampering with the originals.

Unless they're dedicated to preserving particular sentiments like they were at the time REmake was released (and, I doubt they are), then I, personally, have absolutely no desire for them to ever touch RE2, RE3 or CVX with a full-blown remake.

Comment

• CODE: Veronica, I think, more than any other game in the series, is the one about which I am of two minds. I don't unequivocally love it. I don't unequivocally hate it. I'm not even particularly "meh" towards it.

Of the mainline titles, it definitely is the one that needs an update the most. It has not aged well, at all. Even RE2 and RE3 have stood the test of time better than CVX has, but I think that has a lot to do with their prerendered backgrounds. I haven't played either of them in awhile, so I would have to go back to confirm or disprove my suspicions at this point.

In any case, people made a pretty big deal about CVX being the first fully 3D title in the series, but to be perfectly honest, I think it hurt the game more than it helped. The environments were rather bland in comparison to previous games, and the fact that the environments were 3D was never actually utilized in any interesting ways. We could have just as easily had the exact same game with prerendered backgrounds. About the only difference would be that the camera wouldn't move in certain areas.

There were also a lot of odd design decisions that I can only assume resulted from the fact that it was handled by a different team concurrently with development of RE3. RE3 made a lot of advances to the formula that were notably missing from CVX. For example, you no longer had to press a button to climb stairs in RE3. You could just walk up and down them at will. Yet strangely, you could not do the same in CVX. You still had to press a button to activate the climbing animation.

Now, I know this may seem like a nitpick, and it probably is, but it just struck me as odd the first time I played CVX. One of the major features of RE3, the dodge mechanic, was also excised, though I can't say I was too sorry to see that gone, as I could never quite get it to work like it was supposed to. You couldn't combine ammunition anymore, either. There were just a lot of little things that were excluded, but they really started to add up in the end.

I mentioned the environments feeling bland in comparison to previous games, but the atmosphere, for the most part, was excellent. It was certainly a noticeable step up from RE3. It was also the closest the series had come to recapturing the feel of the first game. Unfortunately, this was hindered by the game simply being far too easy. In fact, it's probably the easiest game in the series, or at least of the mainline titles.

Ammunition and healing items were in overabundance, the knife was ridiculously overpowered, and even the characters' health had apparently been given a not insubstantial boost.

Now, there were several things I did like about the game. For one, I really enjoyed how it utilized elements of the partner zapping system from RE2. Things you did early on as Claire affected Chris' portion of the game later on. The puzzles, while still incredibly easy, fit better into the context of the game and locations than any of the ones from RE2 or RE3. They felt much more natural, rather than being shoehorned in.

I also really liked the dual-wielding, and I was disappointed we never saw it return. There were also a lot of other little touches that I don't think we've ever seen in any of the other games, such as equipping the lighter to find your way out of particularly dark areas or to scare off bats.

The story was a mess, though, and as I've said on numerous occasions, it really took the series in a direction I would have preferred it didn't go. I enjoyed finally getting to see Chris and Claire reunited, but the rest? Previous games in the series certainly had their leaps in logic and head scratching moments, but this was when things really started to get out of hand, and then Capcom just took the ball and ran with it in RE0, RE4, and RE5, and pretty much every other game in between.

Even if Capcom did ever decide to remake CVX, there's really only so much they could do with the story, since it's all been pretty much set in stone at this point, but I'd love to see them fix some of the other issues I had with the game, mostly revolving around gameplay and design decisions.

Though I imagine the closest we'll ever get to something like that is Darkside Chronicles.

Comment

• Jesus, I saw that this thread had so many pages I first thought something big went down... but it just was THIA users being dysfunctional again.

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
                              cv does look slightly improved i can't really tell the difference with re4 lol
                              Ditto. The improvement are kinda minimal.

Maybe they're re-using screens from the original versions or... that's how the games look without HD. I guess playing these games on a regular CRT set is absolutely pointless. You have to upgrade or just stick with the originals. Which still look good to me... mostly.

And I never saw the Chronicles series as a serious way to remake the old games. But more like a first-introduction to the series to the casuals on Wii. That's what Masachika Kawata hinted at anyway. He did talk about doing proper remakes. And the Chronicle games were suppose to be 'tests' to see if such remakes needed to be made. But he lied. Flat out lied.
                              Last edited by Pikminister; 03-23-2011, 12:32 PM.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                                But he lied. Flat out lied.
                                And this is news?

Comment

Working...
                                X