Biohazard Revival Selection Official Site Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
    The old PS2 version is a full dvd. If the new version is 'enhanced', wouldn't that be even more data? That would make for a huge download, unless they compress a whole bunch of stuff... which might not be a good thing.
    The PS2 version is filled to the brim with cutscenes pre-recorded as mpeg2 streams (assuming we're talking RE4 here). These scenes were all realtime in the GC and Wii versions of the game (but not in the PC version, as it was based directly off the PS2 version)

Doing them real-time saves lots of space. New compression formats can be applied to save even more space without there really being any quality loss (or with even higher quality on even less space, going by how formats have evolved lately).

You'd be surprised by how easy it actually is to cram in more stuff on less space these days if people actually put on an effort to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      The only thing I am worried about is what if they replace Chris, Wesker, and Stteve's voices with the new one from Darkside Chronicles/RE5.... I want the classic voices.
      New voices won't happen, they'll cut every corner till it's a circle on these . . .
      sigpic

Comment

Comment

I will admit that RE4 screen looks good and much more clear than the GC version
          "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Working...
          X