RE4 & Code: Veronica X Coming To PS3/360 This Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE4 & Code: Veronica X Coming To PS3/360 This Fall

The English release of the 2 RE titles for Revival Selection (RE4 and Code: Veronica X) has been confirmed. However, instead of having a retail release like in Japan, they will be coming in digital form (XBLA and PSN).

An official press release have just announced that both titles are scheduled for release this fall.

Resident Evil 4 will contain all of the bonus contents from previous versions, which includes the Separate Ways epilogue. Both titles have been enhanced with upgraded visuals, and there will be support for trophies and achievements for RE4.

Click link for more screens and the press release.

Joystiq
    Last edited by xfactor; 03-25-2011, 11:59 PM.

OVERTIME?

Comment

The press release doesn't mention trophy support for CV.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        The press release doesn't mention trophy support for CV.
        Trophies are a requirement for all PS3 games aren't they?

Comment

Yep, since January 2009.
          See you in hell.

Comment

@Xfacator

is it confirmed that the JP release will in-deed be a retail one ?

Comment

Interesting. Guess the cutscene gallery (if kept) in Resident Evil 4 wont be using FMVs like the Wii version of it does then (in order to keep things under the 2.1 GB limit of XBLA)

Code: Veronica is fairly simple if they're doing the DC version. Dupe assets can be axed between discs to make it even smaller (despite it already fitting underneath the limit), some of the cutscenes there were realtime instead of pre-recorded as they were on the PS2 and so forth. Wonder if the "Versus Mode" menu mockups will still be present in the Code: Veronica port

Comment

Famitsu said that Revival Selection is packaged as 1 title, and nobody in Japan made any mention of Revival Selection selling through PSN/XBLA.

Comment

Good to know, let's see how Capcom Europe take this. I'd rather they go the retail way.

Comment

Hoping for a disc release at least in Japan, for collector purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                      Good to know, let's see how Capcom Europe take this. I'd rather they go the retail way.
                      Only on XBLA/PSN according to their twitter.
                      Last edited by aris13; 03-24-2011, 11:56 AM. Reason: add quote
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, there goes the chance of me buying CV...it's the same game with HD Pre-rendered textures/background and still the same game.

I'm sticking to my GC and DC versions...until they have it with a discounted price of $2.99 just like RE2 & RE3 were on the US PSN store.

The trophy support is not buying me at all, that's for sure...

Btw, this week Capcom is having a sale with SFAlpha 2 for just a measly $2.99 price tag. =D

Comment

I'll say what i said when THIA had that joke about a 360 release ages ago, completely and utterly pointless and a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                            I'll say what i said when THIA had that joke about a 360 release ages ago, completely and utterly pointless and a waste of time.
                            I'm trying to think up ways of how you could be more wrong...but there are none.

Comment

Can you list some, Stu? The only two I can think of is;

1 - Great for those who only have the next gen consoles.

2 - Great for trophies.

Let's face it, the graphical changes, at least for RE4, are so slight they're having to photoshop the images to try and make it look better. And there's no obvious new content.

Comment

Working...
                              X