Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
    Um... If it takes place in 1998, the BSAA shouldn't exist.

Even if this isn't canon, that's a stupid plothole.
    I think that was the writer of the article said, speaking figuratively I guess. He couldn't say "good guys" and "bad guys". Granted, STARS would have been a better choice of words but again, they didn't really exist anymore.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
      True story, this title seems to do away with all the subtlety of previous titles. I mean " If you've ever thought of those times in an RE game when you thought, 'I'd wish I had a big gun', that's what this game is. It's not fair to give people big guns, then take all the ammo away." I dunno if it's me...but i've never felt that once when i was playing Resident Evil!
      I have...mostly when fighting a boss with nothing but a rappidly depleting stash of handgun bullets. But most of the time, not so much. I like zombies because they're dangerous even later on, but a shotgun round soon removes that. Of course, you usually need to save those shotgun rounds for lickers or hunters, but I suspect this time it'll not be so much.

On the plus side, if they don't go 1st person pure action crap it has a chance of being something decent. There are a few elements which sounds cool. Also - Kill Leon? That's got me half way to buying it already. I will shoot him in the legs and arms and leave him for the Cerberus.

Comment

I like how we are getting all of this news because of the anniversary. Still waiting on more news from Revelations.
        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Just imagine all that DLC profit Capcom will be rolling in with this game. This game sounds and breaths it.

Comment

I'm confused, is this MP only ? or will it have single player ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Also - Kill Leon? That's got me half way to buying it already. I will shoot him in the legs and arms and leave him for the Cerberus.
              I immediately thought of everyone on THIA when I read that.

Comment

By any chance, there wasn't any word on which consoles this would be for was there? I'm assuming that it will be for 360/PS3. Finally, I would have a reason to buy a PS3.

Comment

I'm looking forward to actually having a new Resident Evil title that is multiplayer heavy that would be fun for all us to enjoy playing together at last. This is good for the community, even if it's not the type of game we would be expecting. But the sound of scenario mode objectives, with three factions? Come on, this is born for epic levels of fun memories with fellow people on here!

Comment

SOCOM: Umbrella Security Service
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      SOCOM: Umbrella Security Service
                      Your dream to play alongside Nicholai is coming to a reality. I am just looking forward to an HD Raccoon City and exploring the streets again <3

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                        I'm confused, is this MP only ? or will it have single player ?
                        I don't think it's said one way or the other. That said - this smells like Capcom going, 'Oh, shit' on seeing Left 4 Dead and Dead Island and all the popularity they're gaining, while at the same time Resident Evil 5 got slapped harder than a punter begging for freebies off hookers. So I'm betting it's pretty much there answer to that, mutliplayer with an option for single player with bots.

And if it is, whoever programmed the AI for RE5 needs to be fired. Now. I will not suffer through three Sheva-Bots for any sum of money.

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        I immediately thought of everyone on THIA when I read that.
                        In fairness, if they keep him as a clueless, slightly hopeful muppet I'll spare him. He utters a one liner and I'm ramming him arse first onto a Tyrant's claw.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                          I'm looking forward to actually having a new Resident Evil title that is multiplayer heavy that would be fun for all us to enjoy playing together at last. This is good for the community, even if it's not the type of game we would be expecting. But the sound of scenario mode objectives, with three factions? Come on, this is born for epic levels of fun memories with fellow people on here!
                          I agree. What is selling me already is that it takes place in Raccoon City, it is going to have the old BOWs, Tyrants, and there is team work and factions. It sounds very Outbreak-ish, and that alone I'm loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                            Your dream to play alongside Nicholai is coming to a reality. I am just looking forward to an HD Raccoon City and exploring the streets again <3
                            "Not now I'm busy." :|
                            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-24-2011, 12:00 PM.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              And if it is, whoever programmed the AI for RE5 needs to be fired. Now. I will not suffer through three Sheva-Bots for any sum of money.
                              She was still better than any of the Outbreak support AI.

Comment

Absolutely no clue what to think of this. Gameplay video would be helpfull. This is going to come out this fall?

Comment

Working...
                                X