Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
    Absolutely no clue what to think of this. Gameplay video would be helpfull. This is going to come out this fall?
    Winter

Comment

With news all of sudden popping up so fast, we may even get screenshots later today or tomorrow. I mean, if this game is scheduled to be out this fall/winter, then wouldn't it have to be at least 50% done by now?
      Last edited by RetroRain; 03-24-2011, 12:05 PM.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and fire up Crysis 2.

Look forward to reading everyone's thoughts about this.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
          With news all of sudden popping up so fast, we may even get screenshots later today or tomorrow. I mean, if this game is scheduled to be out this fall/winter, then wouldn't it have to be at least 50% done by now?
          I'd be surprised if we don't have scans/photos at some point by the end of the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
            I'd be surprised if we don't have scans/photos at some point by the end of the evening.
            Yay.
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Captivate takes place in a couple of weeks so I guess we'll get more info.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping Capcom Japan lends their efforts with composing music for this title. If they can get the same tone Outbreak. This title needs to really bring Raccoon City as a strong character in this game which will be quite the challenge to do.

Comment

My question is, why Slant Six?

And please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this when they saw the name "Bertha"?

Last edited by Archelon; 03-24-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    My question is, why Slant Six?
                    Capcom loves Canada after Blue Castle's success? Also Slant's experiance in the tactical shooter genre (Socom) being a strong plus.

Comment

But weren't the SOCOM games Slant Six developed generally considered the worst in the series?

Comment

But weren't the SOCOM games Slant Six developed generally considered the worst in the series?
                        CR29 can shed some light on this, he's the SOCOM expert around here.
                        sigpic

Comment

You bet!

Honestly though, Capcom's involvement with Blue Castle did make a very strong quality product with Dead Rising 2 (but this is got to be credit to Blue Castle "getting" what Dead Rising was about) and I am sure Capcom will be heavily involved supervising the title because of it from being its flagship series.
                          Last edited by Zombie Fred; 03-24-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Slant Six were responsible for SOCOM: Confrontation, renowed for being a completely broken game at launch. Almost unplayable, then they patched it and things are better from what I've heard.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

It would be funny if they put in the cast of the outbreak games in this and allowed you to kill them. I'm sure a certain thread with a "million views" at capcom unity would love it.

Comment

Not sure if want...

On the one hand, they are finally referring to the USS by its full name (Umbrella Security Service) rather than colloquial name (Umbrella Special Forces). There was indeed a US Army Special Forces team in Raccoon City (corpses can be found in the Raccoon General Hospital and later, the P-12A Waste Incineration Facility). There might be some connection with this USS squad and the 2nd USS Squad led by Rodriguez in Outbreak File 2.

...This can go either way.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X