Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivol
    Multiple endings / Branching storylines? Oh! I welcome thee with such open arms! I think I like this game already.
    Originally posted by Zombie Fred
    I am just looking forward to an HD Raccoon City and exploring the streets again <3
    Quoted for truth.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      There was indeed a US Army Special Forces team in Raccoon City (corpses can be found in the Raccoon General Hospital
      Didn't know that. I thought they were UBCS mercs.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        On the plus side, if they don't go 1st person pure action crap it has a chance of being something decent. There are a few elements which sounds cool. Also - Kill Leon? That's got me half way to buying it already. I will shoot him in the legs and arms and leave him for the Cerberus.
        Damnit Nicholai! You created a time paradox!
        Last edited by Bertha; 03-24-2011, 12:44 PM.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          She was still better than any of the Outbreak support AI.
          This may have been simply my personal experience...but no. She really, really wasn't. While they were occasionally annoying and randomly ran off to do whatever whacky crap that would lead them to death I found them somewhat useful. If only, somtimes, as someone to leave in front of the zombies while I went to do something important.

Sheva was never useful for me. I can, honestly, not able to think of a single time she did anything I wanted her too unless it was very heavily micromanged (nothing bu a machine gun and ammo for you!) or one of the scenes where you fling her across a building and hope. And she died on those fairly often, randomly plunking away at Majini. Or charging at me, waving a First Aid Sprey because I had a tiny ammount of damage despite also having two regular herbs. Or standing in front of the Executioner, getting slapped around while simply firing back with a handgun.

I only managed to beat RE5 because of my housemate and wife. Otherwise I'd have gnawed through my controller in pure rage.

Comment

I guess we'll just have to chalk it up to personal experience, then.

In any case, does anyone else think using a zombie as a "meat shield" sounds like a spectacularly bad idea?

Comment

This winter?

Revelations, Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Raccoon City...

The missus ain't gonna be happy...
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Winter could mean next year, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  In any case, does anyone else think using a zombie as a "meat shield" sounds like a spectacularly bad idea?
                  Depends on how they do it. If it's one of those 'zombie stands still and allows stupid to happen' moments, such as Alice snapping one's neck with her bare, flesh thighs then yes. Otherwise? It might be cool. Maybe. If they do it right.

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                  This winter?

Mine will kill me if I fail to buy Mass Effect 3. On the plus side, though, none of the other games are on my must buy list.

Comment

When they say "meat shield," though, I think of Gears of War and holding the enemy in front of you as a bullet sponge.

Comment

I've yet to play Gears...but it'll need to be a short thing. Zombies can take a fare few rounds in the chest and still be lively, and eventually will give you a bite.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                        This winter?

Don't forget Resistance 3!
                        See you in hell.

Comment

This game will pretty much have to be released early next year. Otherwise it's being sent to die.

Comment

SOCOM: Confrontation was Slant 6's first console game, having only worked on the Fireteam Bravo games on PSP. It was completely broken at launch and took 4 or 5 months and multiple game updates for it to actually work. When it worked, though, it was extremely enjoyable. It has since been forgotten and hacked to high hell.

As for this, it definitely sounds interesting. That's about the only way I can describe it right now. I'll add more thoughts when I get to read everything more thoroughly but right now I'm late for class.

Comment

Well I really doint know what to say about this one it sounds like another Outbreak to me but saying that I aint going to pass any judgment until I see some gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                                That sounds quite good, and all of this new Resident Evil content/news coming. It's giving the forum a nice birth of energy again.
                                I hear ya, it's almost too good to be true. With this sudden flood of game reveals, it makes me just a tad bit paranoid that April Fool's is a little over a week away lol.

Fuck it, cheers!
                                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                                X