Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B'wahhahahaha

Ok it sounds either really good, or completely horrible! To me, it sounds like a mix of Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Resident Evil. I guess I will keep an open mind. It sounds alright. The chance to kill Leon sounds like a good time. My only fear is if they will create the areas nicely or if they will re use areas of Outbreak. Another thing. I am very afraid about the game play (Classic/FPS/Re4 & 5 Style)

I will keep an open mind and be skeptical until a trailer and gameplay.

Comment

What is this? A game with 'Resident Evil' in the title? Sold.

I will buy this, I will not deny it. Not entirely sure if I'm excited for it or not given the info. I'd rather play as characters already established, especially since this sounds like it is throwing canon to the wind.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

s i can kill brian irons or ada?

gives a new meaning to the phrase ada...WAIT! Bang!

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
          When they say "meat shield," though, I think of Gears of War and holding the enemy in front of you as a bullet sponge.
          Yeah, that's the idea.

Its not really a new idea in FPS since you could do that in last gen games. In Splinter Cell games you could always do that.

Well, social gaming might be the future of RE after all.

Good times.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

HD Raccoon City+ chance to kill Leon for good= sold.
            I suppose Nemesis will be in this game too. FPS or not this surely sounds interesting.
            Honestly I don't care about canon considering it's not part of the main series. As long as I get to see zombies and classic BOWs again it's all good.
            Some survival would've been nice though, being able to blast through hordes of zombies without running out of ammo is less exciting.
            Now all that's left to announce is RE6 lol.

Comment

hold up...we can play as spec ops and umbrella? thats what they said?

...activision listen to me now! talk with capcom! GET CAPTAIN PRICE INTO THIS GAME NOW! I WILL PAY FOR 5 COPIES OF THIS GAME IF CAPTAIN PRICE IS IN IT!

Comment

Ok, I'm sold with this one; seeing Raccon City in HD, zombies, tyrant, etc; just sounds awesome; I only hope that the game is not a FPS.

Comment

I totally forgot about the potential of having Nemelesis hunting players, or Birkin, during these scenarios. Please don't let this game dissapoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                    I totally forgot about the potential of having Nemelesis hunting players, or Birkin, during these scenarios. Please don't let this game dissapoint.
                    And let's not forget all those Mr.X running around town.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                      And let's not forget all those Mr.X running around town.
                      I'm just glad to have some good laughs again like I did with outbreak back in the day, but this time with a twist with the different factions and objectives; hearing friends and other people cursing in joy or shock and horror by what the game offers.
                      Last edited by Zombie Fred; 03-24-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

* One of thmottos repeated to OXM throughout the demo was "Kill Leon". It's also stated that if you choose to represent in the game as the Special Ops team, that you'd more than likely have the goal of trying to save Leon Kennedy.
                        * Slant Six or Capcom won't reveal if any other characters will be playable in the title just yet, but it'd make sense to see quite a few big cameos.
                        * Operation Raccoon City is a team-based shooter allowing four members of the USS team to destroy all evidence of the ongoing outbreak. Along with slaying the zombies, you're looking to "kill pretty much every survivor possible".
                        * The gameplay is described as "dirty", and the series will feel much darker than it has up to this point.
                        All of this sounds promising. I'm holding back judgment but as of right now, I'm thinking positively...which as some of you may know, is something I have not been doing when it comes to Resident Evil lately. I'm curious to see how the game looks, and more importantly, how it plays.

Comment

Too much expectation is building up now!

Confucius said: I wise man aims lower to avoid disappointment.

Screw that... ITS HYPE TIME!
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hopefully it'll be third person like Socom 4 and the opportunity to kill Ada I cannot pass up I've been wanting her to die for a long time lol
                            "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Sounds terrible IMO.

Comment

Oh crap, someone did just point out that April is soon...if this is an early April Fool's someone's nuts are getting loaded into a double barreled shotgun. I may not be entirely sold on this yet, but I'd rather it disapointed me than a joke that got leaked.

Comment

Working...
                                X