Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
    Okay, I have a stupid question: I am new to the whole coins business that Nintendo has apparently started. Are "Play Coins" different from the "Nintendo Coins"? Basically what I want to know is if I register something on the Nintendo site (I.E. earn Nintendo Coins), is that different than the Play Coins I earn on the 3DS by walking around? Also, my friend code is 1977-0415-9719 if anyone wants to add that. Please advise me who you are though if you do send a request. I do not accept when I have no idea who the person is. Thanks.
    Play coins are used in the Mii plaza games (Puzzle Quest, Find Mii) and can be used in certain 3DS games to unlock things. (Dead or Alive, Resident Evil, etc.) They unfortunately do not coincide with Club Nintendo coins. (I wish they did! X'D..) I'll add you! I hope you don't mind!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
      Play coins are used in the Mii plaza games (Puzzle Quest, Find Mii) and can be used in certain 3DS games to unlock things. (Dead or Alive, Resident Evil, etc.) They unfortunately do not coincide with Club Nintendo coins. (I wish they did! X'D..) I'll add you! I hope you don't mind!
      So basically the only method of getting this coins is to walk around? I've actually just been shaking the DS for the last 30 minutes and have 6 coins already. Yes, I know I'm cheating.

And of course you may add me, PracticalAl.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ununoctium View Post
        Quick question, do you have a separate friend code for each game, or do you have just one for your whole system and all games?
        Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
        It's like the Wii: One friend code for all games.
        Nope! The Wii needs a code for console interaction and a separate code for each game. 3DS only needs ONE code for adding friends.

Leaving my friend code in case anyone of you guys wants to play Mercs 3D; but be warned I SUCK at the game (or any Mercs minigame to be honest ).

5026-4655-0651, and same as Xander, please just let me know if you add me to know who you are!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

It's like the Wii: One friend code for all games.

I wish they did actual screenames like PSN/XBOX lives. A number is just so informal.
          I know right, hopefully they'll get it right with the Wii U and not only do screennames, but go back to their roots with something along the lines of the GameCube and N64, not the motion casual gaming gimmick.

The original DS gave you a different friend code for each game, which of course sucked, especially if you had a lot of multiplayer games since you would have to remember each code.
          Fission mailed.

Comment

So basically the only method of getting this coins is to walk around? I've actually just been shaking the DS for the last 30 minutes and have 6 coins already. Yes, I know I'm cheating.

And of course you may add me, PracticalAl.
            Thanks! Yeah, you can shake the DS and get coins! (I don't think it's cheating..) But know that you can only get 10 a day, and a total of 300 maximum, though!
            sigpic

Comment

• Remember that rumor that said that 3DS handhelds were going to be used as controllers for the Wii U?

Well, here's an update on that rumor:

According to a 'trusted game developing executive', the Wii U codebase indicates that Nintendo is making preparations for multiple controller support

The Wii U was suppose to work with one user using a single tablet while other users used the wiimote. Now it seems that you can use 2 tablets at once.

Granted, nothing there mentions the 3DS itself but there is the possibility that they may use the 3DS at some capacity to reach that goal. Like having 2 additional users playing with their 3DS's hooked up or something like that.

BTW, here's the special 25th Anniversary Zelda 3DS bundle Europeans can get their hands on... I dunno when but soon I guess:

Last edited by Pikminister; 11-08-2011, 01:55 PM.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                Sigh.. If I were rich.. ..
                Last edited by PracticalAl; 11-09-2011, 12:04 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Quick question: Does anyone know for a fact if a regular DS charger will work just fine with the 3DS charger? If I play a 3DS game, I maybe have about 3 hours, but regular games seem to be around 5 hours (And yes, I know that if the 3D is on it will be a lot less, but even playing with it off it doesn't last as long). I basically want to know that if I plug it in with a regular DS charger that it won't actually damage anything; I know voltages vary from product to product. I actually can't find a straight answer on the Nintendo sites I've searched.
                  sigpic

Comment

• No, you can't use a DS or DS Lite charger as they're different, but you can use a DSi/DSi XL charger. They're the same one, I've tried it.
                    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 11-09-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                      No, you can't use a DS or DS Lite charger as they're different, but you can use a DSi/DSi XL charger. They're the same one, I've tried it.
                      Bah, I was afraid of that. I guess I'm just going to have to start bringing the adapter with me, and plug it in at work. I was really hoping I could just use the one from the DS. Leave it to Nintendo to not make things compatible.

Are the battery packs worth it? I just don't know if that extra bulkiness would be worth the hassle or just bring the charger with me. Meh, such hard decisions my life has.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I have a power pak for my 3DS and it is worth the trouble IMO. Its not too bulky. And I can play for hours and hours.

About that Zelda 3DS... I'm fine with the one I have already. That one looks too much like a jewelry box to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Latest Firmware update for the 3DS - December 8th.

1. 3D Video, and 3D Stop Motion animation videos.

2. QR code functionality will be improved

3. Transfer game files between Nintendo 3DS systems

4. New puzzles and extra Find Mii Dungeon

5. eShop will be expanded as well,You'll soon have access to game demos(for both downloadable games and retail games). You'll be able to download software while your system is in Sleep Mode. The eShop will also support Download Codes (which will be used primarily for special promotions) and will enable users to save payment information to their system if they so so desire

6. The update will add a new application to your system's Home Menu:"Nintendo Zone" active when you're at a Nintendo 3DS hotspot location.Provides free access to exclusive content,streaming 3D videos(such as game trailers,tv ads) trivia games, and retail promotions
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mario Kart 7 seems to have a good way to join friends, if the race they are in is not full. I don't see it working for games like Mercs 3D or Revelations though where just two players.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Well, I think it'll be more for games released after the fact. At least that's my understanding of it.

Comment

• That doesn't make sense?
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X