Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here getting Star Fox 64 3D this week? So we can..uh.. not play online together, since it's local only.. ..
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
      it's local only.. ..
      Really? Even more a worthless game. I downloaded the 10 free games, they are so dated is unreal. Doubt I will bother playing them.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
        Really? Even more a worthless game. I downloaded the 10 free games, they are so dated is unreal. Doubt I will bother playing them.
        StarFox 64 is one of my all time favorite games, so having it on the go plus being visually updated is great, in my opinion. I'm not a big multiplayer person, but I do think it's a shame it's local only for anyone who is big on online gaming.

The 10 free games are awesome. Nintendo didn't have to give early buyers anything, so it's a really nice gesture. Plus they'll all be updated when they reach the shop AND we still have 10 GBA games! Can't argue with free games! Why so harsh sounding? Haha! ^^;..
        sigpic

Comment

The 10 free games are awesome. Nintendo didn't have to give early buyers anything,
          Yes they did, their popularity was in the shitter even before the price drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
            Yes they did, their popularity was in the shitter even before the price drop.
            Hmm, I'd have to disagree. I don't think Nintendo's popularity is decreasing anytime soon.. Skyward Sword just topped Gamestop's preorder list. A bunch of gamers whining on forums about the 3DS's weak launch lineup, or anything else they can nitpick is very similar to the DS when it first launched, and the DS didn't have any relatively good games until a year after! The 3DS already has three/four (depending on your taste) strong games a few months in, with more A-titles on the way before Christmas. I just think gamers nowadays are spoiled and way too self-entitled. The most extreme opinions, whether positive or negative, have a tendency to drown out the more moderate ones, which I think are the majority. The so called "popularity drop" will be forgotten by the end of this year. ..
            sigpic

Comment

The 10 free games are awesome. Nintendo didn't have to give early buyers anything, so it's a really nice gesture. Plus they'll all be updated when they reach the shop AND we still have 10 GBA games! Can't argue with free games! Why so harsh sounding? Haha! ^^;..
              Yes they have to. People who paid 250 bucks would feel ripped off... The console is relatively new, when you see a console that has 4/5 years on the market (Xbox 360/PS3) then it's understandable a price drop, but this early, it can be seen as "not fair".

Anyway, I'm happy because I'm now an owner of a 3DS. Shame I'll have to wait until next week to have it. Mercs 3D HERE I COME!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                Yes they have to. People who paid 250 bucks would feel ripped off... The console is relatively new, when you see a console that has 4/5 years on the market (Xbox 360/PS3) then it's understandable a price drop, but this early, it can be seen as "not fair".
                Anyway, I'm happy because I'm now an owner of a 3DS. Shame I'll have to wait until next week to have it. Mercs 3D HERE I COME!
                Buying a product right away is always a risk the consumer should be aware of, but I do see where you and others are coming from, so the free games are definitely a smart business move on Nintendo's part.

Congrats on getting a 3DS! What's your friend code? When you get Mercs, add me, and maybe we'll get to play one of these days. Anyone with an Agent York icon is a friend of mine! ..
                Last edited by PracticalAl; 09-04-2011, 09:44 PM. Reason: Typing on the iPad is an endlessly frustrating experience.
                sigpic

Comment

Buying a product right away is always a risk the consumer should be aware of, but I do see where you and others are coming from, so the free games are definitely a smart business move on Nintendo's part.

Congrats on getting a 3DS! What's your friend code? When you get Mercs, add me, and maybe we'll get to play one of these days. Anyone with an Agent York icon is a friend of mine! ..
                  Sure! I don't have the system on my hands yet, I asked my boss (he's a great guy) who went to LA on vacation to buy me one, he just sent me a text telling me that he had already bought it, so I must wait for him to come back on thursday (and see him on saturday @ work) to get the actual console. As soon as I get my friend code I'll send you a PM. I'm planning to buy Mercs tomorrow so I don't have to wait when the console gets here

Why all this complicated non-sense? The 3DS in Mexico is about $291 US dollars AFTER the price cut. Before the price cut it was like $450 US bucks.
                  Games are a little bit more reasonable. Average price of Mercs 3D is 40 dollars. Gaming is an expensive hobby around here
                  Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 09-04-2011, 09:51 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• A missed opportunity to what was initially a game I had been looking forward to. Nintendo needs to get their shit in order.

Comment

• Over the years I've read about differing prices for consoles in different countries. Ouch! I guess a lot of factors come into play for that, none of which I'm an expert on.. At least the games are relatively the same prices!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I'd have to disagree. I don't think Nintendo's popularity is decreasing anytime soon.. Skyward Sword just topped Gamestop's preorder list. A bunch of gamers whining on forums about the 3DS's weak launch lineup, or anything else they can nitpick is very similar to the DS when it first launched, and the DS didn't have any relatively good games until a year after! The 3DS already has three/four (depending on your taste) strong games a few months in, with more A-titles on the way before Christmas. I just think gamers nowadays are spoiled and way too self-entitled. The most extreme opinions, whether positive or negative, have a tendency to drown out the more moderate ones, which I think are the majority. The so called "popularity drop" will be forgotten by the end of this year. ..
                        Google "Xenoblade and Last story no US release" and see how popular Nintendo is. Zelda sales are never evidence of anything as far as Nintendos popularity is concerned.
                        Last edited by Dracarys; 09-05-2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• All the people wanting Xenoblade over here, I can't really sympathize with them. These are the people who whine about never having any new IP's or strong third party games for Nintendo, and yet when these games do make it over here, they don't sell well enough to be supported. Hypocrites! Again, I feel like it's another thing that will be forgotten in time.

Zelda sales aren't entirely indicative of the company's popularity, but it does speak for the install base of already loyal fans out there.

I think gamers tend to overreact at the slightest bit of negativity, I see it all over the place on every forum. The focus on Kinect is earning Microsoft some bad vibes from "hardcore" gamers, but will it seriously effect them? Nah.. When the PS3 was hacked, it was "DOOOOOM!" for Sony, but look at them now. They're still trucking along. I think I read their user base has then grown since then. (And I do recall people bitching about the games offered in the Welcome Back program.) Same thing over and over again. The industry has ups and downs.. These are all strong companies, a bit of negative press and loudmouthed opinions aren't bringing 'em down. Especially Nintendo. (Plus, Square just announced Dragon Quest X Online for the Wii/Wii U/3DS last night. More DQ exclusivity is a big win for Nintendo. At least in Japan! ..)

Just gotta think positive!
                          sigpic

Comment

At least in Japan!
                            This sums it up, why should anyone not in Japan care about japan getting games when those games aren't released where they are.

Xenoblade is just the tip of it, the Wii release schedule has been empty all year unless you love to dance. Last year was the same with Donkey Kong Country and re-releases of SMB1, 2 and 3 being the highlight.

So the fact they are holding back games from release is just laughable, from the perspective of someone who owns any other console or gaming PC.

Comment

• Well, if it means success for the company, than I think they should care if they support said company! Besides, DQ will come here, they always do.

Frankly, I find it laughable how people are reacting to Xenoblade. It's one thing to be disappointed, but to be outraged? How self-entitled are gamers nowadays or what? Everything in news sites is so incredibly sensationalized now, it's ridiculous. Thanks to fast paced technology and social networks, we as a society are becoming greedier and lazier. I actually saw an ad the other day that said "Does your email take more than 2 seconds to load?!". Boy oh boy, are we are getting bad! Everyone seems to have the "I want this and I want it now!" mentality. So these tantrums that occur when one game isn't coming out.. That's what I find laughable. ..

But seriously, from a business stand-point, does Nintendo really need to bring it over here? Especially when the sales will ultimately not support it? Nintendo is thinking like a company should; making the smartest choices. They can't cave in to every little fan demand. (And even when they do, it still isn't good enough. People are dumb and insatiable.) As big as this Xenoblade thing has seemed to blow up, it's really not that big and the demand is actually not there. Nintendo sees this.

The Wii has a very strong library, but it just depends on how varied your taste is. Skyward Sword and Kirby: Return to Dreamland are on the way before the end of the year for the "hardcore" crowd. There are still many great third party games that are overlooked (Hence, why Xenoblade isn't coming to the US any time soon..) Dance games may not be your thing, but they're extremely popular and make a great profit for the company!

I guess I just don't get why people want every console to do everything the other ones do. Diversity is what drives the industry! If you like FPS's get an XBOX; if you like exclusives, get a PS3; and if you like casual/Nintendo first party games, buy a Wii! Every console does it's own thing and does it well..

-And the Wii release schedule may be a bit slim now, but only because the Wii U is heading our way next year.

All these points you're bringing up, were the same issues raised when the DS first came out, as well as the Wii. We all know how that turned out. There is alot of doom and gloom these days! I'm not going to buy into the negativity people seem to love to spread. ..
                              sigpic

Comment

• There's quite a bunch of Nintendo games I've wanted to play that never made over seas. One such is the Fatal Frame sequel they have for the Nintendo Wii.

Comment

Working...
                                X