Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    There's quite a bunch of Nintendo games I've wanted to play that never made over seas. One such is the Fatal Frame sequel they have for the Nintendo Wii.
    I've wanted that for so long! There is actually a fan made patch that enables the game to be region free as well as in English! All you need is a SD card, the homebrew channel and a Japanese copy of the game. (duh)

Patch is here: http://www.fatalframe4.net/

I was tempted to do this at one point, but I'm too afraid to download the homebrew channel. I know I'll screw it up and brick the whole console..
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
      Hmm, I'd have to disagree. I don't think Nintendo's popularity is decreasing anytime soon.. Skyward Sword just topped Gamestop's preorder list. A bunch of gamers whining on forums about the 3DS's weak launch lineup, or anything else they can nitpick is very similar to the DS when it first launched, and the DS didn't have any relatively good games until a year after! The 3DS already has three/four (depending on your taste) strong games a few months in, with more A-titles on the way before Christmas. I just think gamers nowadays are spoiled and way too self-entitled. The most extreme opinions, whether positive or negative, have a tendency to drown out the more moderate ones, which I think are the majority. The so called "popularity drop" will be forgotten by the end of this year. ..
      I would have to agree with you, Al. When the 3DS stands without competition during the holiday season, everyone'll forget about the price drop "scandal". I for one, never got the opportunity to play Zelda II so I'm quite enjoying it. And the rest are a nice little selection for on-the-go gaming, and then I can't wait for my GBA games.

Not to mention Super Mario 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus, Cave Story 3D, RE: REV (used of course, Capcom can go fuck themselves), and whatever big announcement they said they had on the 13th is more than enough to keep me interested for a while. Not to mention many titles I'm sure I forgot to put in here.

EDIT: Wow there's another page of text, my bad.

As for Operation Rainfall... I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. I bet only half the people supporting Operation Rainfall will actually buy once stuff comes overseas. If that. People just like to hop on the bandwagon and be cool and in the news. I wish I had The Last Story, but is it the end of the world? Hell no, I think I'll survive. I don't even know/care what Xenoblade is (sounds a lot like Xenogear/Xenosaga though). And I bet you at least 25% of people in Operation Rainfall know very little about either title as well, just that "Nintendo didn't bring it over here! I want it (when I look up what it is)!"
      Last edited by Canas Renvall; 09-05-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I've wanted that for so long! There is actually a fan made patch that enables the game to be region free as well as in English! All you need is a SD card, the homebrew channel and a Japanese copy of the game. (duh)

Patch is here: http://www.fatalframe4.net/

I was tempted to do this at one point, but I'm too afraid to download the homebrew channel. I know I'll screw it up and brick the whole console..
        I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but check out how to install BootMii first. If your console is an old model, you can install it as boot2, dump a virgin copy of your NAND and if any crap happens you can restore your system

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
          I for one, never got the opportunity to play Zelda II so I'm quite enjoying it. And the rest are a nice little selection for on-the-go gaming, and then I can't wait for my GBA games. .. As for Operation Rainfall... I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. I bet only half the people supporting Operation Rainfall will actually buy once stuff comes overseas."
          Same here! And boy is it HARD. Old games are so brutally unforgiving! Totally agree with your views on Operation Rainful. It's sad, but its just the way things are..

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
          I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but check out how to install BootMii first. If your console is an old model, you can install it as boot2, dump a virgin copy of your NAND and if any crap happens you can restore your system
          Wow. That went so over my head, haha! But, thank you! If I ever do work up the courage to install it, I will certainly check into BootMii. Won't be for awhile though. Can't risk bricking the Wii before Skyward Sword comes out! ..
          sigpic

Comment

Wow. That went so over my head, haha! But, thank you! If I ever do work up the courage to install it, I will certainly check into BootMii. Won't be for awhile though. Can't risk bricking the Wii before Skyward Sword comes out! ..
            If you need any help send me a PM and we'll figure it out. I was scared too when I installed Homebrew Channel on my Wii. All you have to do is follow instructions carefully and no harm will be done

3 more days until my 3DS arrives! I feel like a kid on xmas LOL.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Tell me this is fake before I drink myself to sleep. It looks like a goddamn tumor.
              Last edited by Smiley; 09-07-2011, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Wow Nintendo Failed....Hard.

Comment

• LOL. That is incredibly awkward looking.. I wonder if it will be packaged with Monster Hunter Tri G..

EDIT: Oh, and thank you so much again BD! That is very generous of you!
                  Last edited by PracticalAl; 09-07-2011, 08:43 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I know japan is sometimes pretty random just inserting english into sentences and such but why is "Secret scoop" in english?
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Sorry for lack of japanese skills, but what the hell is that thing? A huge snap-on extra analog pad/stick thing?

EDIT: Oh fuck, IT IS an extra analog pad. Talk about getting screwed... Just bought the damn console and I can see it now happpening in a few monts. 3DSiXL NOW WITH EXTRA PAD! Fuck you Nintendo I'm not amused.
                      Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 09-07-2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• LOL Wow that thing looks huge.

Anyway, that extra analog is to play the Monster Hunter game that Capcom is making for the 3DS. I dunno what other games will make use of it. I have no need of it with the games I've played on the 3DS up to now.

I think Nintendo could very well release a 3DSXL with the extra analog already built-in sometime in the near future. But if they are planing to do that, I think they could save a lot of face by making it possible to exchange your original 3DS for the new one.

But whatever... I'm happy with my 3DS. Won't get the vapors just because it might get updated eventually... I think we all knew it would happen. Maybe not this soon, though
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                          LOL Wow that thing looks huge.

Anyway, that extra analog is to play the Monster Hunter game that Capcom is making for the 3DS. I dunno what other games will make use of it. I have no need of it with the games I've played on the 3DS up to now.

I think Nintendo could very well release a 3DSXL with the extra analog already built-in sometime in the near future. But if they are planing to do that, I think they could save a lot of face by making it possible to exchange your original 3DS for the new one.

But whatever... I'm happy with my 3DS. Won't get the vapors just because it might get updated eventually... I think we all knew it would happen. Maybe not this soon, though
                          It's Nintendo, they don't need to save face. They will sell it and people will buy it.
                          Hopefully this add-on won't become a standard, that would really piss me off because the thing is bulky and hideous... But if it's Capcom related that ties it to RE and that would not make me happy.

We'll see how Nintendo plays this one.
                          Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 09-07-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                            It's Nintendo, they don't need to save face. They will sell it and people will buy it.
                            Hopefully this add-on won't become a standard, that would really piss me off because the thing is bulky and hideous... But if it's Capcom related that ties it to RE and that would not make me happy.

We'll see how Nintendo plays this one.
                            No, I don't think that thing is meant to be used by every 3DS user out there. Only for those that plan to get the Monster Hunter game, which is being designed to work with 2 analogs.

However, that add-on shows that Nintendo is indeed planning to eventually release a 3DS with 2 analogs. But because it might not come out before the MH game is released, they had to make that fugly peripheral to work with said game.

Basically, Nintendo is saying to devs to create games that work with 2 analogs. Because in the enar future, the 3DS with 2 analogs is going to be the standard. Until that happens, any game that comes out that requires 2 analogs, will probably be sold with that add-on included.

When and if the new 3DS with 2 analogs comes out, Nintendo could make things right by creating some sort of recall/exchange program where every 3DS user can exchange their original unit for the new one.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                              No, I don't think that thing is meant to be used by every 3DS user out there. Only for those that plan to get the Monster Hunter game, which is being designed to work with 2 analogs.

However, that add-on shows that Nintendo is indeed planning to eventually release a 3DS with 2 analogs. But because it might not come out before the MH game is released, they had to make that fugly peripheral to work with said game.

Basically, Nintendo is saying to devs to create games that work with 2 analogs. Because in the enar future, the 3DS with 2 analogs is going to be the standard. Until that happens, any game that comes out that requires 2 analogs, will probably be sold with that add-on included.

When and if the new 3DS with 2 analogs comes out, Nintendo could make things right by creating some sort of recall/exchange program where every 3DS user can exchange their original unit for the new one.
                              See that's the problem I have with Nintendo. Early adopters felt screwed with the price drop. This is far worse than a price drop. Taking back 3DS, from a business standpoint, is not profitable for Nintendo, they'll just release it, attach a clever sufix, and wait for their money.

I know I'm suffering from gamer paranoia but I can't stop feeling like I've been cheated as a buyer. But that's gaming business at it's best.

Comment

• Nintendo rushed the handheld under the belief that people would buy it for the 3D gimmick. That ended up being far from the truth. It not just how the game looks, but also how it plays.

And I know great games can be made with one analog. I'm hoping that still happens. I would hate to no longer continue to support Nintendo on their products if they start taking pages from Sega with their Sega CD and 32X add ons and don't delivers on the games.
                                Last edited by Smiley; 09-08-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X