Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same with FSA though, single player is one person controlling four "braindead" Links. And that game was faaaaantastic (in my opinion).

But yeah, with this it's more obvious that it was kinda tacked on, but I think it works well enough. Doesn't really bother me.

Also Sheva was still pretty braindead. *rimshot*

Comment

• Nah, 4 swords is still a 4 player game despite not being online (it never was originally, anyway).

You just need to find some friends that own a 3DS who want to join you at playing that game. Its the perfect game to play while waiting in-line when the Wii U/PS4/Xbox3 comes out.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        Nah, 4 swords is still a 4 player game despite not being online (it never was originally, anyway).

You just need to find some friends that own a 3DS who want to join you at playing that game. Its the perfect game to play while waiting in-line when the Wii U/PS4/Xbox3 comes out.
        Plus, it's free so everyone and their mother, who own a 3DS and/or DSi, should have the game...so it should be pretty easy, if you don't know how to socialize outside the internet with the people around you then that's your problem not Nintendo's.

I would recommend that you use streetpass to get the message around that you want to find people to play FourSwords with you, if interacting with a total stranger doesn't work for you.

Who knows, maybe you'll find someone special that way (as cheesy as it sounds) that may become an important part of your life. Then you can tell everybody in the world "It was all thanks to Nintendo's streetpass".

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
          Plus, it's free so everyone and their mother, who own a 3DS and/or DSi, should have the game...so it should be pretty easy, if you don't know how to socialize outside the internet with the people around you then that's your problem not Nintendo's.
          When you reach adulthood fully you will understand why physically grouping up with friends to play games isn't practical. There isn't time for it and when you get time you don't really want spend it sitting indoors playing video games.
          Last edited by Dracarys; 10-02-2011, 01:47 PM.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Okay, I have a question for those of you that already have a 3DS: How do you rate the sound quality of your 3DS?

The reason I ask is because I bought one a few days ago, and I notice the sound quality seems like it is full of static (or rather more static than I think it should have). The best way I can describe what I'm talking about is when you use a speaker on too high a volume for too long, it starts to get that static sound to it. I'm wondering if this is normal or if I should return it for another one.

It is really going to piss me off though if I have to return it and they have no more red ones. They only had one left when I was there a few days ago.

I have a feeling it's actually my hardware. I can't imagine they normally sound like this, but the feedback is appreciated just so I know I'm not crazy.
            sigpic

Comment

• I have my 3DS on full blast and tested out several games/apps, no static sound. I think you will have to return it. If the store you bought it from gives you trouble, you can always return it through Nintendo.com; they have 30 day warranties on all their systems. Sorry about that!
              sigpic

Comment

• ^ Yeah, definitely sounds like a hardware issue. That suuucks. D:

Now if you were talking about Mercs 3D, I'd say the game. God, it just really pisses me off that they used 64kbps sound quality for everything except the music...

Comment

• Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                  Okay, I have a question for those of you that already have a 3DS: How do you rate the sound quality of your 3DS?

The reason I ask is because I bought one a few days ago, and I notice the sound quality seems like it is full of static (or rather more static than I think it should have). The best way I can describe what I'm talking about is when you use a speaker on too high a volume for too long, it starts to get that static sound to it. I'm wondering if this is normal or if I should return it for another one.

It is really going to piss me off though if I have to return it and they have no more red ones. They only had one left when I was there a few days ago.

I have a feeling it's actually my hardware. I can't imagine they normally sound like this, but the feedback is appreciated just so I know I'm not crazy.
                  This is what happend to me while playing the PSN RE's on my PSP.

I never was able to fix it.

Comment

• Well, I went out and swapped my 3DS for a new one. Tested it in the store with the cashier, and it all sounded fine. I got it home, and was playing for about 15 minutes, and I swear I started hearing it again, but no where near as bad. Something was definitely wrong with my speaker as the cashier and the customer service representative both heard it, but I'm seriously wondering if something is going on with my Mercenaries copy.

Originally posted by Canas Renvall
                    Now if you were talking about Mercs 3D, I'd say the game. God, it just really pisses me off that they used 64kbps sound quality for everything except the music...
                    You know, I think this is some of what I'm hearing because when I'm actually playing other things on the 3DS, they sound fine. I wonder why Capcom used such a low sound quality.

Also, while on the subject of Mercenaries, this is not at all what I was expecting. The maps are really small and it seems like the characters can only take three hits before being put into danger. I think ultimately my issue is I am just too accustomed to RE5 Mercenaries and went into this expecting an exact replica, but just portable. I also keep catching myself trying to bend over for items when I'm about to be hit (because in regular Mercenaries when the character bends over to pick something up, they avoid damage). That isn't working out so well for me.

I'll give it a bit more playing before I commit to a like or dislike.

@PracticalAl
                    Your avatars are starting to scare me...Though the one now isn't as scary as that cloud haired white person.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post

Yeah, I talked about this in another thread but I'd rather they did away with the Revelations demo and used that space for higher bitrate sound files. Makes me think the team didn't have enough faith in their product so they attached a hay guise check dis out to compensate.

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                      @PracticalAl
                      Your avatars are starting to scare me...Though the one now isn't as scary as that cloud haired white person.
                      The Nemesis one was spot on though, so major props for that! But yeah, the googly eyes on the other one freaks me out at 2am in the morning when I (try) to play (but fall asleep 2 minutes after I turn it on).

EDIT: That awkward moment when you re-read prior posts and figure out they weren't talking about 3DS Mii's.
                      Last edited by let me live; 10-04-2011, 01:51 AM.
                      REALDEMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                        Also, while on the subject of Mercenaries, this is not at all what I was expecting. The maps are really small and it seems like the characters can only take three hits before being put into danger. I think ultimately my issue is I am just too accustomed to RE5 Mercenaries and went into this expecting an exact replica, but just portable. I also keep catching myself trying to bend over for items when I'm about to be hit (because in regular Mercenaries when the character bends over to pick something up, they avoid damage). That isn't working out so well for me. I'll give it a bit more playing before I commit to a like or dislike.
                        It definitely takes some getting used to, but once you do, I bet you'll find it hard to go back to console Mercenaries! It's especially difficult when you first start because you have no upgraded skills, let alone any skills at all. As you play it get's very comfortable while still maintaining a challenge!

If you do decide to keep it make sure to post your friend code! Playing online is a blast.

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                        Haha! Mission accomplished! It's October! Time for scary avatars! .. I'm celebrating my favorite scary movies. I made a rotating avatar with a bunch of pictures only to find out they don't work on this site..

Originally posted by let me live View Post
                        The Nemesis one was spot on though, so major props for that! But yeah, the googly eyes on the other one freaks me out at 2am in the morning when I (try) to play (but fall asleep 2 minutes after I turn it on). EDIT: That awkward moment when you re-read prior posts and figure out they weren't talking about 3DS Mii's.
                        I plan on changing my Mii throughout the year, so googly eyes me will be gone soon.
                        Last edited by PracticalAl; 10-04-2011, 11:04 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• News Bot posted on the news section that RE:Revelations is coming out on January 27th, 2012 in Europe. The game will come out in the US on February 12 - For more info on that news bit (includes some images), go to the news section thread here at THIA.

Also, Nintendo UK seems to be promoting the Slider-pad expansion thingy for use with the 3DS and Revelations. It seems that it might go on sale before the RE game comes out in Europe. I guess its similar to when they promoted the "Zapper" with the release of Umbrella Chronicles.

Its funny because I happen to know some ppl that refuse to play UC without the zapper (or using a similar peropheral) cuz they feel it gives them more accuracy when shooting. And maybe the Slider-pad will become just as essential for some early adopters as well. Who knows.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Nintendo is holding another 3DS conference online this Friday: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstor...2cd1eaa6a51cf9

- "Nintendo 3DS New Information Internet Presentation"
                            - Friday (October 21)
                            - pre-recorded presentation
                            - hosted by CEO Satoru Iwata
                            - will cover details that could not be covered during the September event
                            - expect details on the 3DS system's November firmware update
                            - expect info on Mario Kart 7's wireless play support
                            - presentation will be held at 20:00
                            - broadcast at Ustream and Nico Nico Video
                            God, I hope the firmware update includes messaging. ..
                            sigpic

Comment

• I'm hoping you can message people and the orange light flashes until you read the message. Right now I think it flashes a few times when a friend logs online and that is it.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• I feel that would get kind of annoying though, if you're busy in a game and don't want to respond right away, having it constantly blinking would annoy the crap out of me. Maybe have it blink in five-minute intervals, or be able to customize it how you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X