Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GBA games are live now?

Comment

• Yeah, they just went live today =D

Comment

• Most of them are dated or were never that great.

Minish Cap, Fusion, Yoshi Island the best picks.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Hi! just got a 3DS las week, here is my friend code: 4725 8318 2508
          For now I just have Ocarina of time 3D, but I plan on buying Resident Evil: The mercenaries 3D soon, so we'll play

Comment

• Goddamnit, now I have to grind everyone in Fire Emblem to max level... again. Curse my necessity for perfection!!

Comment

• Has everyone downloaded SwapNote? I hope so! I've already got some funny notes from Kaneco. .. It's not an entirely convenient way of messaging, but it's a hell of a lot better than the 14 letters were allowed on the friends list!

Read about it here: (It's free!) http://www.destructoid.com/this-is-s...n-218298.phtml

(Added you Elle! Hope you don't mind.)
              Last edited by PracticalAl; 12-23-2011, 08:15 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Real messaging service or you still suck major balls Nintendo.

How utterly shit, so if I want to ask a friend to join a game with me I need quit the quit entirely and load up this sorry excuse, he would need do the same presumably, then when we are playing if someone wants to suggest anything then we both need quit out to message about it.

Utter shit, is no defending this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                  Real messaging service or you still suck major balls Nintendo.

How utterly shit, so if I want to ask a friend to join a game with me I need quit the quit entirely and load up this sorry excuse, he would need do the same presumably, then when we are playing if someone wants to suggest anything then we both need quit out to message about it.

Utter shit, is no defending this.
                  Its not a chat app its a postcard app. I dunno why the confusion... the dang thing makes it very obvious from the very start what its for. With the little demo thingy. Doesn't even pretend to be a chat app at all. That was never the intent of it (unless a later update makes it so... it could happen).

Anyway... its merely for writing. Not texting, but the actual writing of letters. Y'know, like people used to do back in the days? Swapping notes, drawings using the stylus (similar to DS's pictochat), pics and even recorded audio bits.

And you can always use it to set up a date when you can play with a particular user. If you want something quicker, that's what the PC or smartphone is for.

Its a very addictive app that's fun and FREE.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                    Its not a chat app its a postcard app. I dunno why the confusion... the dang thing makes it very obvious from the very start what its for. With the little demo thingy. Doesn't even pretend to be a chat app at all. That was never the intent of it (unless a later update makes it so... it could happen).
                    BS, Nintendo said this update would come with a messaging system. Instead we get this crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                      BS, Nintendo said this update would come with a messaging system. Instead we get this crap.
                      What the fudge you think Swapnote is? It IS a messaging app. Just not the kind you wanted. The whole point of this app is to send/share written text messages/pics/audio to other 3DS users.

Now I dunno why ppl have this whole app confused with a chat app or something like that. This one clearly is more like Twitter than live chat. Where you post a message with a picture attached or something like that. Even the 'mascot' of the app gives you a hint about what its suppose to be used for... her name in Japanese means 'Diary'. Its basically a new version of PictoChat, but one that works online.

Anyway, please hand me a reliable source that says Nintendo promised to give you a chat app or messaging system that actually worked while playing a game. Would love to read it. Because that would be something so unlike Ninty. Lets see who is talking BS...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        Anyway, please hand me a reliable source that says Nintendo promised to give you a chat app or messaging system that actually worked while playing a game.
                        You are right, they never said 'in game'. The internet just presumed this and reported it as such because what they actually released doesn't solve any of the problems ith 3DS and is not what people have been asking for since before 3DS released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          Sounds good. And yes, my kids stare over my shoulder when I use a DS or PSP. So it'll be set to no 3D.
                          whats even better is that with the 3D turned off the battery life will last longer. so theres that too
                          if i use 3D, i usually only have it set at a low level (it depends on the game)

Comment

• I did the old switcheroo this x-mas and gave away my 3DS with all the ambassador games and also the ones that they're giving away at the Club Nintendo site. My cousin really liked how he got a 3DS fully equipped and ready to go. Plus Super Mario 3D Land. Not too shabby.

Me? I got myself a brand new 3DS in the process. So I'm starting collecting puzzles and doing the whole thing again. I'm gonna miss those ambassador games. But... not really since I'm going to buy the ones I liked. Plus I've read that the ones you buy come with a few extras (manuals, updates, etc.)

I also made some Mii's for my system... I'm filling it with Star Wars avatars. Here's a couple of them:

Okay... back to stuffing myself with food... Have a good one!
                            sigpic

Comment

• i'm very pleased with swap note.
                              picto-chat didn't make any sense cuz it could only be used locally, and if thats the case you might as well put down the DS and just talk to the guy face to face.
                              the DS had wi-fi so i cant understand why picto-chat couldn't utilize it.

Comment

• also, thanks to the ambassador deal i'm now addicted to Fire Emblem..
                                I misjudged this awesome series, that permanent death mechanic made me hesitant to try it out. but no one told me the map screen and story progressed in stages.
                                and apparently if someone you don't want to die eats it, you can easily restart the battle and try again (its recommended that you save before each battle)

Comment

Working...
                                X