Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    How does it, from what I see and experience it is a dodgy port with framerate and AI issues in additions to dodgy controls.
    I had no problems with the controls. I guess having decades of experience dealing with several control configurations and pads (even gave the Atari pad a swing) comes in handy.

IMO, unless you grew up ONLY with a Dual-Shock controller and nothing else (Xbox controller maybe), then yeah, I can see people having issues with dealing with this game. For some of us gamers that played 3D games back when there were NO ANALOGS or just 1 of 'em (PSX, N64, Dreamcast), this shouldn't be a problem. I have none. Zero. Beat the demo on my first try and found it a bit easier that Splinter Cell.

The framerate issue only shows up in the 1st cutscene on my system. I read that it happens on all the cutscenes but I just couldn't detect any noticeable drop. Not in the sense that it hurts the game in any meaningful way.

And the game does have some improvements over the "HD" version. Since that version is just the PS2 version running in higher-res (Vita is not really an HD machine... it just runs games at a higher resolution than the 3DS. But that doesn't make it HD. No more than the PS2 was HD just because it had better resolution than the PS1).

Anyhoo... I'm more interested in other games. Spirit Camera for one.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, not impressed with MGS3D, but whats the point when it was just released in HD without awkward controls? :S
      Anyways, Spirit Camera has a European + American trailer now and Nintendo of Europe twitter announced Spirit Camera and Project Zero 2: Wii Edition for Europe region.

Spirit Camera Teaser Trailer (Nintendo Conference)
      Last edited by Gradon; 02-23-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Kingdom Hearts 3D... They really do look like the actors from the movie, don't they?

Such a weird series.
        sigpic

Comment

• Such an awesome series, you mean. That's the point, to have characters look like... their characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            Kingdom Hearts 3D... They really do look like the actors from the movie, don't they?

Such a weird series.
            I bet Vouge_Dirge is happy about this!
            sigpic

Comment

• A new demo is up at eShop:

I dunno... even if this demo had a 30 play limit (instead of just 10), it would still be a bit cruel. Considering you have to give up your pet.... eventually.
              sigpic

Comment

• More like have it put down.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• ya know guys i've been thinking..
                  as far as resident evil's future is concerned i would be happy if they just simply made more games like revelations. it was more non-linear and strategic like the classic games, while having RE4-5's Superior Controls & camera angle (and I don't care what anyone has to say about that)
                  i was waiting so long for capcom to make a RE game like that & it was such a breath of fresh air. such a beautifully crafted game too

Comment

• Originally posted by Joey3264 View Post
                    ya know guys i've been thinking..
                    as far as resident evil's future is concerned i would be happy if they just simply made more games like revelations. it was more non-linear and strategic like the classic games, while having RE4-5's Superior Controls & camera angle (and I don't care what anyone has to say about that)
                    i was waiting so long for capcom to make a RE game like that & it was such a breath of fresh air. such a beautifully crafted game too
                    Who knows, the way Revelations ended (and after leaving some plot-holes wide open) & if the game indeed does well (looks like it's doing well), we might see a direct sequel on handhelds.

Capcom may also satisfy the demand for some RE handheld gaming with some ports or remakes. Wouldn't be surprised if they ported RE4/RE5 to handhelds (3DS/Vita).
                    sigpic

Comment

• I think the older RE games pace is dead in todays world, Revelations to me just proved it. The game is simply too easy due to how slow the enemies are and how much time you have to manouver about. Even in Raid Mode which is much faster paced compared to the story and throws more at you...still slow enough that you can control the fight too easily. This makes repeat playthroughs boring.

RE5s pace is just better, you cannot control the fight much at all and a crapload of majini come from all over the place, differing everytime. It is more dynamic gameplay, it keeps fresh longer.

I enjoyed Revleations but I am pretty much done and dusted with the game already, have been for a couple weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                        I think the older RE games pace is dead in todays world, Revelations to me just proved it. The game is simply too easy due to how slow the enemies are and how much time you have to manouver about. Even in Raid Mode which is much faster paced compared to the story and throws more at you...still slow enough that you can control the fight too easily. This makes repeat playthroughs boring.

RE5s pace is just better, you cannot control the fight much at all and a crapload of majini come from all over the place, differing everytime. It is more dynamic gameplay, it keeps fresh longer.

I enjoyed Revleations but I am pretty much done and dusted with the game already, have been for a couple weeks.
                        The thing is, if you compare the normal mode's of RE5 and Revelations, RE5's normal mode is incredibly easy. In fact, you don't even start sweating it until you play it on veteran. Normal mode in Revelations at least seems decent. In Hell mode, the enemies turn into bullet sponges. And considering that ammo is not as abundant as in RE5, that mode seems a lot more satisfying IMO. Especially since there isn't much of that action crap in Revelations.

But whatever.... everyone has a fave. RE5 is certainly a good action game.
                        sigpic

Comment

• i understand why fans hate RE5 (everything fans bitched about RE4 is actually more accurate and fair complaints when used on RE5)

i guess i enjoyed it, it was fun finding out what a co-op RE4 would play like haha
                          im also a Sheva defender its not her fault the game has bad AI (its actually an improvement from Outbreak's AI.. trust me) if you played as her then chris would be the dumb ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            The thing is, if you compare the normal mode's of RE5 and Revelations, RE5's normal mode is incredibly easy. In fact, you don't even start sweating it until you play it on veteran. Normal mode in Revelations at least seems decent. In Hell mode, the enemies turn into bullet sponges. And considering that ammo is not as abundant as in RE5, that mode seems a lot more satisfying IMO. Especially since there isn't much of that action crap in Revelations.
                            RE5 offering a wider range of difficulties for players of different skill levels is not a negative. If anything Revelations should be looked at less favourably for only having two.

It isn't really much to do with the difficulty though, RE5s gameplay is just more varied, you can play the exact same bit over and over and it always being quite varied, example is the Mercs mode, the game moves at a pace and with enemy count that you cannot keep track of enemies aside from maybe a miniboss but even that you cannot predict what it will do easily. Revelations doesn't have this, is the exact same everytime and enemies are totally controllable and predictable especially with limited space, only one or two areas are an exception, like the Prominade. Enemies being bullet sponges just drags the time to kill out, it doesn't make the gameplay varied at all.

Comment

• The reviews for MGS3D have been pretty good so far. Some even calling it the best version of MGS3 based on the game play modifications.

Still some of them are downright absurd. Especially Gamespot's which tells me (and the folks over at Snake Soup) that whoever reviewed it must not be familiar with the series:

"The militaristic nature of the characters and setting might lead you to believe this is an action game, but it tends to lean farther into the adventure category. You do lots of exploring and sneaking, but there are times when these elements take you too far away from the act of engagement. These moments of stagnation are Snake Eater's biggest letdown. You often find yourself (particularly in the first half of the game) wondering when you'll get to do anything other than briefly avoid detection on your way to the next cutscene."
                              http://au.gamespot.com/metal-gear-so...eview-6350817/
                              Last edited by Smiley; 02-26-2012, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• The lil' handheld that could (3DS) turns 1 years old today in Japan (FEB-26th)

Nintendo sent a special gold pants version of Satoru Iwata’s Mii to Nintendo 3DS owners in Japan this morning, February 26. Users were sent a message in the Notifications section informing them that someone has arrived in the Mii Plaza. After going into the Mii Plaza, the gold pant-donned Satoru Iwata introduces himself letting you know that his most recently played game is Mario Kart 7. This special Mii has all of the puzzle pieces in Puzzle Swap and is level 5 in Find Mii.

Nintendo 3DS users who are looking to share the special Iwata Mii (or any gold pants Mii) via QR code should note that sending the Mii to the Mii Studio causes the character to no longer be available in the Mii Plaza. He cannot be shared via QR code, and may not be recoverable if deleted.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X