Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vito View Post
    actually that 10 bucks was the balance of the account.
    Originally posted by Kaneco View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too...didn't point it out because of my lazy nature is striking hard atm.
    Oh! I totally missed that! Thanks for clearing that up; gives me peace of mind for the actual pricing. (Watch the actual price end up being $10, anyway.. Ha-ha!..)
    sigpic

Comment

At this point, I've already added everyone in this thread.

I'm hoping most of you add me. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        Argh, if they'd hurry up and release the next two I'd buy them all. I refuse to touch this (or the new Hellsong) until they're completed because I can't stand waiting years for the next chunk of a story. I have trouble with weekly shows.

Out of curiosity, I keep hearing that the 3DS will screw up kids eyes. Does anyone know any more about it? If it does then it's going from, 'I'll buy one when it's affordable' to 'Get that demonic machine out of my home!' I don't care about 3D anyway.

Yeah I have both blu-ray released of the Evangelion films. Really good movies IMO but the wait for 3.0 and 4.0 are fricking killing me. I had seen 2.0 when it initially came out in Japan and man it was awesome and here's it's 2 years later and still no update on 3.0...... If anything I'd take a full HD remaster of the series on blu-ray to tide me over if they made one!

Oh and with the 3DS the 3D does no mess up me eyes at all. I played it for 6 hours straight with no issues on my end. I must say that the 3D it self is very very good! Like Avatar 3D good.

The only downside to the 3DS for me is that NDS games look like crap. They are blurry and stretched.

Oh and here's my friend code 3351-4065-8002

I play SSF a lot. On my DSiLL, BIO HAZARD Deadly Silence looks beast but on the 3DS it's a blurry mess...
        Last edited by Zombie_X; 04-05-2011, 07:10 PM.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

There is a lot in the papers over here about how kids 6 or under shouldn't use it, everyone should take a break every half hour and people are experiencing nausea after mere minutes of play. The papers are making a big deal about how much difficulty customers are having returning consoles after these side effects and so on. I personally haven't tried one yet but what's the opinion here?
          sigpic

Comment

Total BS for me. Sure, I've no doubt some people will experience discomfort, but the media likes to blow things into obnoxious proportions. Nintendo themselves retracted their statement and said "Well actually, we weren't saying if your child uses it they'll have problems. Prolonged use will do that for kids, so make sure they take breaks every half hour." And I played for a solid three or four hours at max 3D and I've yet to have any problems.

Comment

I seem to have an impossible time updating my 3DS....which is odd, because the one I'm about to return to Amazon updates just fine.

It connects to the internet though, played some SSF4 with it, but the updates are kind of needed for the added functions.

ah, scratch that. Managed to get it to work using Ninty's help page.

friend code: 4854 - 6473 - 9136

does anyone know if it sends a notification to anyone you add, so that they can just add you with a click of a button?

Added everyone in the thread. Hope they add a way to communicate soon.

@Zombie X

I know RES has a multiplayer. Ever want to give it a go?
              Last edited by Humor Tumor; 04-06-2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                I seem to have an impossible time updating my 3DS....which is odd, because the one I'm about to return to Amazon updates just fine.

It connects to the internet though, played some SSF4 with it, but the updates are kind of needed for the added functions.

does anyone know if it sends a notification to anyone you add, so that they can just add you with a click of a button?

@Zombie X

Added, no it doesn't, and RE multiplayer is local only.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  Yeah I have both blu-ray released of the Evangelion films. Really good movies IMO but the wait for 3.0 and 4.0 are fricking killing me. I had seen 2.0 when it initially came out in Japan and man it was awesome and here's it's 2 years later and still no update on 3.0...... If anything I'd take a full HD remaster of the series on blu-ray to tide me over if they made one!

Oh and with the 3DS the 3D does no mess up me eyes at all. I played it for 6 hours straight with no issues on my end. I must say that the 3D it self is very very good! Like Avatar 3D good.

The only downside to the 3DS for me is that NDS games look like crap. They are blurry and stretched.

Oh and here's my friend code 3351-4065-8002

I play SSF a lot. On my DSiLL, BIO HAZARD Deadly Silence looks beast but on the 3DS it's a blurry mess...
                  You can always change the resolution of the NDS games to a smaller and sharper one with black borders around the top and bottom when you
                  hold Start as the game is booting.

The resolution looks smaller than in the original DS(s), but still really sharp.

Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
                  There is a lot in the papers over here about how kids 6 or under shouldn't use it, everyone should take a break every half hour and people are experiencing nausea after mere minutes of play. The papers are making a big deal about how much difficulty customers are having returning consoles after these side effects and so on. I personally haven't tried one yet but what's the opinion here?
                  As canas said it's completely been blown out of proportion, which is the medias specialty, and there are also studies that prove that 3D helps
                  in the development of eyes and can be used to detect vision issues at an early age.

I've yet to get a headache from full-on max 3D, I've only experienced my eyes getting tired but that was because I wasn't blinking much for
                  long-spans of time which made my eyes feel dry and cold while looking at any digital screen whether it was on 3D or not.

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post

@Zombie X

Sorry, when you add someone it does not send any notifications to the user you're adding. The only difference is that when you add someone who added
                  you prior to you adding them, it will tell you that you and 'User' have become friends.

I hope they change this in the next update to more robust and easier way to add people, instead of making so that both users need to add each other
                  first before becoming friends.
                  Last edited by Kaneco; 04-06-2011, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Aw damn. I'm the only person in my area who even knows that Resident Evil is on the DS....then again, all they know is RE4.

Well, I usually use twitter to communicate with fellow gamesradar members, and I think till added communications are added for the friend system I'll just put mine up here

@humor_tumor

Hopefully I will see some of you online

Nintendo is a little behind the times in terms of online it seems. But with firmware anything can be fixed...I hope.
                    Last edited by Humor Tumor; 04-06-2011, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Kotaku.com has posted a link to a .zip file of 100+ 3D screenshots of various games. Left 4 Dead, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Assassin's Creed, and others. They're pretty neat for showing off the 3D potential of the system, especially the various pop-out effects. (There's one of the Joker and Harley from Arkham Asylum. The 3D pop-out is really noticeable! Thought I'd share if anyone was interested.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/04/thi...me-on-the-3ds/
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll never get over how ridiculous the term "Friend Code" is.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          I'll never get over how ridiculous the term "Friend Code" is.
                          It's Nintendo.

Comment

I cannot be arsed to add people to play SSFIV on 3DS and needing do the effort of organising a specific time to play because the matchmaking with friends blows. Add me on PSN or XBL if want that, preferably PSN since I have arcade sticks for PS3.

I'll add people when Mercs 3D releases.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie Fred View Post
                              It's Nintendo.
                              Which explains everything.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Meh, I'm waiting to pick this one up until Mercenaries comes out, seeing that I'm really not into any other 3ds games that are already released. Other than Mercenaries/Revelations, I'll probably pick up the rumored Castlevania game to be released on the 3DS (I think it's the original NES trilogy pack) and another Assassin's Creed Ezio spin-off. I played it for the first time yesterday at target, it was Pilot Wings lol. Kinda fun, I like that they finally added an analog type button instead of just having the standard d-pad by itself.
                                Last edited by REmaster; 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM.
                                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                                X