Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS Released! (Also, Friend Codes here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here bought Zelda 3D? It looks 10 times better than in the screenshots and videos! The 3D is so pronounced too, whether the slider is at max or not. I'm loving the reworked angles in cutscenes that take advantage of the 3D. Absolutely stunning, in my opinion. Makes me want Majora's Mask 3D really badly..
    sigpic

Comment

• I'm loving Ocarina. It's my first Zelda and now I want more.

And Capcom just shipped my opy of Mercs 3D

Comment

• Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
        I'm loving Ocarina. It's my first Zelda and now I want more.

And Capcom just shipped my opy of Mercs 3D
        I had played Twilight Princess first and I thought it was great, but Ocarina on the 3DS blows Twilight Princess away!

Also Amazon stated that my copy of Mercs 3D is "Shipping Soon"
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• To those of you who have experienced Zelda for the first time on the 3DS, I highly recommend "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening" on the 3Ds eShop for $4.99. It's a great, great game. If you liked Ocarina of Time, you'll love this one as well.

On a different note, I took a few pictures of some of my Resident Evil figures with the 3DS. I uploaded them to my computer and up-scaled them to a higher resolution. So they are much clearer than normal 3DS pictures. I've attached them here in a .ZIP file for anyone with a 3DS who may be interested. They all have the "pop-out" effect too.

HNI_9200 "Alexia"

HNI_9201 "Hunter"

HNI_9202 "Krauser"
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PracticalAl; 06-26-2011, 02:14 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
            Has anyone here bought Zelda 3D? It looks 10 times better than in the screenshots and videos! The 3D is so pronounced too, whether the slider is at max or not. I'm loving the reworked angles in cutscenes that take advantage of the 3D. Absolutely stunning, in my opinion. Makes me want Majora's Mask 3D really badly..
            Majora's Mask will more or less piss people off. it has a very limited access appeal to it.
            Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 06-26-2011, 02:50 PM.
            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
              Majora's Mask will more or less piss people off. it has a very limited access appeal to it.
              Haha, I know some people hate that game.. But there are still a lot of people who love it!
              sigpic

Comment

• After seeing how awesome Ocarina of Time looks on the 3DS. I screw Majora's Mask (I loved it but its too "ehh") I wan't fricken Wind Waker on 3DS. Of course an original game would be awesome too.

btw I made this comic today.
                Spoiler:
                Last edited by BLSR1; 06-27-2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• I honestly have no interest in OoT 3D. The original OoT was great when it came out but between Nintendos re-releases and rehashing ever since and between the way the fans talk about it for 12 years or so, especially all the references to the cheated Metacritic score, I now loathe the game.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                    After seeing how awesome Ocarina of Time looks on the 3DS. I screw Majora's Mask (I loved it but its too "ehh") I wan't fricken Wind Waker on 3DS. Of course an original game would be awesome too. btw I made this comic today. Spoiler:
                    Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Wind Waker on the 3DS. It's not only my favorite Zelda game, but my all time favorite game ever. I just don't see it happening, though. At least with Majora's Mask, the same engine and graphics are used from OoT. I figured a remake of MM seemed likely since they've already gotten half the work done, haha! I'm just now learning this year that so many people are iffy about that game, and it really baffles me! I thought it was truly amazing for it's time.

Haha, that is a great comic. I felt the same way going into the Great Fairy rooms in the 3DS version. I thought they were gonna make her look less scary, but she's even more scary now. At least her boobs aren't triangles anymore. .

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                    I honestly have no interest in OoT 3D. The original OoT was great when it came out but between Nintendos re-releases and rehashing ever since and between the way the fans talk about it for 12 years or so, especially all the references to the cheated Metacritic score, I now loathe the game.
                    Don't you hate when fanbases ruin good things for you? Happens to me all the time. But I wouldn't really say OoT had that many rehashes, or even rehashes at all.. It was released on a special Gamecube disc as a preorder bonus and then again on the Virtual Console. The GC disc had Master Quest on it, so that was new. The Virtual Console port was there for anyone wanting to play it without a N64. The 3DS port boasts completely redone graphics, a new control scheme as well as Master Quest, and a Boss Rush mode. It's not like they just ported the original N64 game.. ^^;
                    sigpic

Comment

• Well they actually released it twice on GC, once with Wind Waker and once in the Collector's Edition. They re-used pretty much all the character models in Majora's Mask also which as well as on N64 was on GC.

I'm gonna have to heavily criticise Twilight Princess for being all too similar also, it started off really well but soon became a re-invisioned OoT in story, settings and general feel of the game.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                        Well they actually released it twice on GC, once with Wind Waker and once in the Collector's Edition. They re-used pretty much all the character models in Majora's Mask also which as well as on N64 was on GC. I'm gonna have to heavily criticise Twilight Princess for being all too similar also, it started off really well but soon became a re-invisioned OoT in story, settings and general feel of the game.
                        Oh, that's right! I own both of those too.. Duh. Termina was a 'parallel universe' to Hyrule, hence all the duplicates. (Haha, that's their explanation/excuse for re-used assets.) I love the gameplay, story and overall dark experience of that game so much that I can excuse the re-used models. And to be fair, there were quite a number of new models.

With TP however, I totally agree. I didn't care too much for that game. It wasn't a bad game by any means. In fact, it had some great aspects, but like you said, when it became a OoT clone it fell apart. Here's hoping Skyward Sword really sets itself apart. The graphical style already looks amazing.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I really like Twilight Princess. I don't get your OoT argument because I never noticed it. I mean OoT really had a focus on music, while TP didn't.

What I believe TP did great was deliver an epic story and craft a beautiful and detailed world. All of the Dungeons are great in my opinion and I don't remember getting pissed off at any of them. (while the Shadow and Water temples in OoT piss me off).
                          TP isn't better than Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time IMO. But it is better than Majora's Mask (Which was great, but I will never play through it again if I can help it). And I'm not comparing them to the 2D games because I have a tendency to get lost and stuck halfway through those.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                            I really like Twilight Princess. I don't get your OoT argument because I never noticed it. I mean OoT really had a focus on music, while TP didn't. What I believe TP did great was deliver an epic story and craft a beautiful and detailed world. All of the Dungeons are great in my opinion and I don't remember getting pissed off at any of them. (while the Shadow and Water temples in OoT piss me off). TP isn't better than Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time IMO. But it is better than Majora's Mask (Which was great, but I will never play through it again if I can help it). And I'm not comparing them to the 2D games because I have a tendency to get lost and stuck halfway through those.
                            I do like TP, but I just don't like it as much as the others. The graphics are good and the art style is decent. I suppose what bothers me is that nothing new was added to the series in TP. The biggest new feature was the wolf form, but that wasn't too much of a stretch from playing as Link. You could track scents and dig, two things that have been done before in Zelda. TP at a certain point felt like it was trying to recapture the story and atmosphere of OoT, whereas MM may of reused old graphics, but had a completely different story and gameplay mechanic. (The time traveling, NPC's on a set schedule, and the masks.)

The dungeons were good, I agree. Not a huge fan of the story, but I didn't think it was bad. I think if we were meant to revisit the OoT version of Hyrule in TP, they should of really re-imagined it. (Like they did in Wind Waker) TP seemed to be an HD version of the same Hyrule in OoT, with little to no changes. But that's just how I felt about it.

I was just discussing this with Arcehlon, funny enough. We both felt that TP was sort of a cave-in from Nintendo when fans were upset with WW's "cartoony" design and wanted a more "mature" Zelda.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Had a few great matches in Dead or Alive: Dimensions in the morning with Kaneco. We hit off the first 10 matches in Tag Team against the computer and eventually went into Versus - the button I accidently hit.

Up until this morning I had no idea you could team up with a human and fight against the computer... It provides carefree entertainment since you don't have to worry about reading reading a human opponent.

Kaneco, let me know if you're down for more matches - though Tag Team mode preferred, I'm competent in fighters but would rather face the AI.

PracticalAI: I noticed you're on my list too, I'm the REALDEMO guy. Let me know if you want to team up in DOAD or Mercs!
                              Last edited by let me live; 07-07-2011, 08:04 PM.
                              REALDEMO

Comment

• Hi, my FC is: 0817-3865-7964

Comment

Working...
                                X