No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Teaser Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you just feel this because you exactly know who the guy at the end is and what to expect from him.

Comment

• Why the hell is Leon being targeted?

Someone mentioned this, I don't remember who it was off-hand, but they made an interesting point.

This person said that Leon is awfully popular for a rookie cop, first day on the job.

Meaning... Why the hell is Leon being targeted if it is his first day on the job?

The only things I can think of is that Leon had prior knowledge to Umbrella before entering Raccoon City, which I doubt was the case, or that Leon became the target of the USS by simply being a living cop who was not zombie. But from what they were saying, it sounds like Leon is the main target before the USS even enters the city, like that is their main goal, or one of their main goals.

Or maybe Leon isn't one of the main goals until later in the game, when Leon has uncovered more information, thus giving the USS the reason to eliminate him?

Now obviously we can't tell until we get the game, but we can speculate.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• I assume it's a case of Leon simply being a civic authority figure. Umbrella wants chaos. Cops do not. Cops, therefore, eat a hot lead sandwhich. In theory the remaining S.T.A.R.S members should be a higher priority, and Leon will be an earlier mission. Assuming the fight never descends into the sewers and labs (the game looks more at home with wide open spaces for it's gameplay, but we'll see) it may simply be that there orders are 'Shoot everyone' (still think this is dumb, but this is Capcom) and Leon is someone they spot who they then hound after like yippy dogs, despite having better things to do.

Most likely, Leon's not that important to the game, although it's impossible to say. Maybe he keeps sneakily escpaing via ninja magic and the team becomes frustrated yet strangely attracted to him, even being tempted to switch sides thanks to his smooth good looks and winning personality? But he's probably just being used as a big selling point. Sorta like the horror in RE5. It wasn't there, but damn, you could be forgiven for thinking it was a horror game from the ad campaign.

Comment

• Well they said that the RPD would be in the game, so I'm assuming that we would be able to explore the RPD as well, but I also hope that they include the other areas as well, such as the sewers, hospital, park, Dead Factory, and the Umbrella Lab. But if I had to guess, I'd say there is a strong chance of seeing these areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by bertjert View Post
            I think you just feel this because you exactly know who the guy at the end is and what to expect from him.
            LOL And this guy had to copy/paste exactly what I wrote? (Who was this btw? Since it's banned now..)

Comment

• Spambot. I forgot to delete his post.

Comment

• Now am I correct in saying that not only is this game being published by Capcom, but Capcom also has their hand in the development alongside Slant Six?
                Last edited by RetroRain; 04-04-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                  Now am I correct in saying that not only is this game being published by Capcom, but Capcom also has their hand in the development alongside Slant Six?
                  They'll say so, just so people's immediate thoughts aren't "Well what do Slant Six know?" in the early stages.

Then as development continues we'll start to hear less and less from Capcom until it's only Slant Six running the show.

"Lip service" i believe it's called.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
                    They'll say so, just so people's immediate thoughts aren't "Well what do Slant Six know?" in the early stages.

Then as development continues we'll start to hear less and less from Capcom until it's only Slant Six running the show.

"Lip service" i believe it's called.
                    If this turns up true, I'll be very worried of the final product.

Comment

Working...
                    X