No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Teaser Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you'd be perfectly okay with it being focused on Jill instead, right?

As for the supposed focus on Leon, I'm just going to copy and paste what I posted in the other thread for those who haven't read it yet:

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
    Don't you think you're overreacting just a bit?

I imagine the reason why they've been showing Leon is because they really want to demonstrate to people that they're serious about killing popular characters in this game. Right now, about the only character who is arguably more popular than Leon is Wesker, and we know that he wasn't even in Raccoon City at the time.

If you can kill someone like Leon, then it proves that everyone is fair game. Saying, for example, that you could kill someone like Ada or Sherry, it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal for most people outside of a small group of RE fans. But everyone knows Leon. It's a much more effective way of getting your point across to a much larger group of people.
    Last edited by Archelon; 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
      This is going to be Haunting Leon Kennedy. I was curious about haunting down Rebecca, or have the chance to save Brad from Nemesis.. i don't like the fact the game is mainly focused on Leon.. i hope it does not!
      The hypocricy never ceases to astound!

Fair play though, must've taken a lot of effort to reach the conclusion that based on two seconds of a 72 minute trailer a game is based solely on one character

Comment

Didn't one of the articles even state that RE2 was the main inspiration for this game, despite taking elements from both 2 and 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
          no, it sounds like Paul Mercier to me
          Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
          I'm pretty sure it's still the same person.
          I really don't think it sounds anything like Paul. I understand it's only a very short sample, but it sounds far too gruff and deep.

But, again: I'd place my bet on it just being a temporary voice clip.

I'll be crossing my fingers that Paul voices Leon in this game, since I quite enjoy his voice and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't book him. I think he did just fine in DSC as portraying a younger Leon, and it seems a bit silly if they decided to go with another voice actor just because this is different take on the series' canon.

Comment

I agree. I just don't like his character, that's all. As someone said, i want players to have the chance to kill anyone in the game, but i think Leon will be a hard target. I don't mind if you are able to kill Claire, Marvin, Brad, Jill or Carlos, just give us the chance to decide, i hate the fact they put Leon as main character, i want all the well-known characters to be civillians, or unknown for the mercenaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
              The hypocricy never ceases to astound!

Fair play though, must've taken a lot of effort to reach the conclusion that based on two seconds of a 72 minute trailer a game is based solely on one character
              I think it was more like 72 seconds buddy :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                i hate the fact they put Leon as main character
                It's a cameo appearance. That's it.
                sigpic

Comment

Do you think we will able to know what happened to Rebecca and Billy?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

looks good but i still want activision to work with capcom to add the SAS led by captain price in DLC to fight Bertha!

Comment

Ok, no idea what just happened. Everything is going way too fast, but I think that there weren't any in-game scenes shown, since it all looked cinemtic-y. Would be really cool to see some gameplay.

I never thought of Leon as a annoying character, why does everybody hate him so much?

Comment

I'm thinking its because Leon has been over exposed int he RE series since RE4.

After RE4 we got the shitty CGI degeneration, then RE: Dark ide Chronicles, now another CGI RE film AND Anderson's Shitty live action film will have him.

Comment

Looks fantastic. I'm really looking forward to this

Comment

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
                              Ok, no idea what just happened. Everything is going way too fast, but I think that there weren't any in-game scenes shown, since it all looked cinemtic-y. Would be really cool to see some gameplay.

I never thought of Leon as a annoying character, why does everybody hate him so much?
                              I'm with you except I thought he was terrible in Degeneration.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                                I'm thinking its because Leon has been over exposed int he RE series since RE4.

After RE4 we got the shitty CGI degeneration, then RE: Dark ide Chronicles, now another CGI RE film AND Anderson's Shitty live action film will have him.
                                And Chris, Jill, and Wesker have been in Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles (Chris and Wesker, anyway), RE5, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Revelations, Mercs 3D, and since you're counting Anderson's movies, Afterlife.

Oh, and Chris and Jill will also be appearing in Anderson's new RE movie, as well. Maybe even Wesker, too.
                                Last edited by Archelon; 03-30-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X