No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Teaser Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAAAAAMN! This is looks awesome. Can't wait for some in-game videos!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadArtist
      I never thought of Leon as a annoying character, why does everybody hate him so much?
      Because people thought he was cocky in RE4. Also, lame jokes didn't help. But he was like that only in front of bad guys. When interacting with Ashley or Luis, there was nothing wrong with him. Still a likeable character.

Also Leon being over exposed is not true. Chris has got more appareances than Leon. Yet, nobody complained.

Comment

Yeah...definitely a Slant Six game. Look at how even the zombies are sliding around the concrete with 'butter feet.' For some reason, I imagined the characters' movements to be more fluid and realistic, but it definitely looks like it has that twitchy third-person SOCOM: Confrontation feel to it.

Still not quite sure how I feel about it just yet.

Comment

It's a teaser so I don't expect them to show the whole package besides what's already revealed so far.

Leon sounded like Paul Mercier to me. I'll ask him, but I doubt he can answer if he was despite the trailer being out already. Regardless if he was replaced it wouldn't be the first time (Jill had yet a new voice actor for her appearance in MvC3).

So far it looks good. Raccoon City looks chaotic. Minor RE2 encounters from Mr. X and Leon.

I don't believe the character roster is limited to Leon, but do we really need to be spoiled on possible encounters from Claire, Birkin, Jill, Nemesis, etc? It would kind of be disappointing if nearly everything was revealed before launch (ala RE5). Regardless, the next trailer should really invest in showing us the main player characters and some of the game play.

Comment

I suppose it's saying something when I am completely indifferent to this game. Guess I really have lost interest in the series. I think I will stick to RE2.
            Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 03-30-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
              Because people thought he was cocky in RE4. Also, lame jokes didn't help. But he was like that only in front of bad guys. When interacting with Ashley or Luis, there was nothing wrong with him. Still a likeable character.

Also Leon being over exposed is not true. Chris has got more appareances than Leon. Yet, nobody complained.
              haha, I didn't even think his lines were cocky. It entertained me a lot, given that he was alone (well most of the time) . So really don't dislike him.

I liked him less in degeneration.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                It does. The atmsophere is thick and rich and creamy. As I mentioned in the other thread, my main bug bear is Leon making more of an appearence than the four currently known main characters. And all the other crap that bugs me and I've ranted about elsewhere.
                If you look carefully you can see some of the Umbrella members. Between the cut scenes and the title screen flashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                  I suppose it's saying something when I am completely indifferent to this game. Guess I really have lost interest in the series. I think I will stick to RE2.
                  Its OK Alexia. I remain unconvinced as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    Don't you think you're overreacting just a bit?

I imagine the reason why they've been showing Leon is because they really want to demonstrate to people that they're serious about killing popular characters in this game. Right now, about the only character who is arguably more popular than Leon is Wesker, and we know that he wasn't even in Raccoon City at the time.

If you can kill someone like Leon, then it proves that everyone is fair game. Saying, for example, that you could kill someone like Ada or Sherry, it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal for most people outside of a small group of RE fans. But everyone knows Leon. It's a much more effective way of getting your point across to a much larger group of people.
                    I don't like Leon, it's true, but the game's not about him. Supposedly. I'm simply...frustrated that he's already being shown as much as the main characters, if not a bit more. He's only supposed, at this point, to be a target. Yet you could be forgiven, looking at the images and the trailer, in assuming he was the main character.

I understand he's a big name for Resi Evil and his presence will help sell the game. I'm fine with him being part of the advertising campaign. I simply don't like the feeling that really, the game is all about Leon. I mean, even though he can be killed, Rebecca and Jill should be higher priority targets on account of being S.T.A.R.S and survivors of the mansion incident. Leon shouldn't even be known to them. The only reason for them to kill him is he's a cop.

If they want to use Leon as a major selling point? Remake RE2. I'm honestly shocked Capcom hasn't yet, to be honest, given there seeming unwillingness to move the plot along and there love affair with Raccoon City. It seems like exactly the sort of thing they'd want to do, and I know a lot of fans would be glad for it...if they did it well. Of course, there in lies the sticky floor - if they use the old tank controls it won't be as popular, if they don't they may well be lynched.

Sorry, I digress. Basically, if they want Leon to be a big selling point they need to make it a Leon game. You can't have the whole advertising campaign be about Leon and then have him be a minor objective. Remember how well RE5's 'Fear You Can't Forget' ad campaign went down with most folks. True, the campaign has barely started, but Capcom usually starts as they mean to go on, and they're pimping out Leon like he owes them drug money.

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
                    Ok, no idea what just happened. Everything is going way too fast, but I think that there weren't any in-game scenes shown, since it all looked cinemtic-y. Would be really cool to see some gameplay.

I never thought of Leon as a annoying character, why does everybody hate him so much?
                    I think some of the scenes were in game, which is tasty. It is hard to tell these days, though.

As for Leon...I simply don't like where his character has gone, He went from somewhat naive plaything of a spy to Superninjaactionhero Leon. His 'witty' one liners in 4 bug the hell out of me because they kill the atmosphere. Why should I be afraid if the guy in danger is making smug ass remarks? He never cares about the dangers, or at least it never comes across as he cares even when there's no reason for him to hide it, and that was a big part of why I don't like RE4 as much as I could have.

I found him a touch better in Degeneration, personally, due to him feeling more professional. But he still Knew no Fear and still leaped and bounced like someone had been grinding up DBZ discs and injecting them into his veins. I'm hoping the Leon in this game will match the one from RE2...but realitically, the Leon in RE2 isn't the popular one.

Edited In.
                    Originally posted by wesker566 View Post
                    If you look carefully you can see some of the Umbrella members. Between the cut scenes and the title screen flashes.
                    Very true, but the fact I totally missed them doesn't sit well. Leon got about 10% of the video and the only spoken line, which I hope is because they haven't finished the voice acting for the game yet. It simply sits very wrong with me that Leon is getting more screen time than the main characters, but a lot about this game is sitting badly with me.
                    Last edited by Darkmoon; 03-30-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
                      I really don't think it sounds anything like Paul. I understand it's only a very short sample, but it sounds far too gruff and deep.

But, again: I'd place my bet on it just being a temporary voice clip.

I'll be crossing my fingers that Paul voices Leon in this game, since I quite enjoy his voice and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't book him. I think he did just fine in DSC as portraying a younger Leon, and it seems a bit silly if they decided to go with another voice actor just because this is different take on the series' canon.
                      I agree, I'm not a big Leon fan but Paul has always done great voice work.
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

That looked so sick...so freaking pumped for this game.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with Darkmoon. We are in the same boat. But i couldn't care less about the series. That's what i wanted to say, perhaps the fact i'm not native, it gets difficult to me to express my feelings towards this game. But Darkmoon said everything i wanted to say!. The fact Leon is getting the attention in the trailer, and not the main characters, freaks me out!

Comment

Getting the attention? TWO SECONDS?!?

Comment

Leon is getting the attention in the trailer, and not the main characters?.............................my god people, it's a TEASER trailer...jeez *rolleyes*
                              Last edited by Dark_Chris; 03-30-2011, 02:39 PM.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                                Getting the attention? TWO SECONDS?!?
                                Yeah, Leon is just like you.

Comment

Working...
                                X