Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Teaser Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    True enough, but the first RE5 trailer came out how long before the game? A loooong time. This is a game we're being told we'll have later this year. I doubt things are going to change too much.

While I don't mind Leon, if the game is going for a darker tone, it would be better to show those who actually suffered more. Show the officers who watched their friends get absolutely devoured by the hordes of undead, then ultimately get betrayed by their chief. Give us a school teacher that had to run from the kids s/he spent days with trying to educate them. Give us Raccoon City citizens with no hope of survival.

That being said, we don't know exactly what the game has in store yet, and using Leon is something comfortable. He's popular, a well known face, and 'safe'. The teaser only really showed a bit of Beltway and Bertha, doing nothing truly amazing. Leon's part at the end looked copy pasted from DSC. The game is going to be non-canon action fodder anyway. Stop pissing your pants over 1 minute and a half of footage (in which our belovedly hated Leon appeared about....3 seconds?)
    it's canon...if you will follow the right path (not killing Leon, etc....)
    Spoiler:

Comment

Ahhh I love it - open world Raccoon City I hope.

Love exploring previous pre-rendered locales in 3D.

I'm in.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

other than the tone of it, that was pretty much a horrible teaser.
        Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

I would like to reiterate - I don't mind Leon being in the game, I don't mind hat he's part of the advertising campaign. It simply bugs me that he's getting more attention than the actual playable characters, or so it feels to me. This isn't Leon hate - I'd be saying the same thing if it was Jill, Claire, Chris, Barry, Wesker, Tofu or Elza. This may well be me being overly negative, I'm happy to agree, but I find them trying to sell the game with Leon (killing him or not) as weird.

I'm rather hoping that in the next video we get some gameplay of the team working together, some abilities other than stealth, and a look at other potential targets. It would also be sweet if they explained the branch between the RE mainverse and this one, or if the branch is only in gameplay. I do love Alternative Universe stories, so I'd like to see if there's a reason for this.

Comment

How is he being 3 seconds in a the trailer overexposure, or more attention than the playable characters? I think you just feel this because you exactly know who the guy at the end is and what to expect from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
              In UC capcom Douglas to imitate Waugh, in RE5 Douglas can perform his own Wesker, that's why he sounded in UC "not good, not bad".
              Mercier is pretty good VA, but script from capcom just don't let him express his emotion...and as for Smith, thanks to his performance in RE5, Chris became my favourite RE character.
              I don't think he sounded anything like Waugh in RE UC. If anything, I remember Douglas saying that they asked him to change his voice in RE5 from the way he did it in UC but that's it.

I still prefer the other Paul still.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                Yeah, Leon is just like you.
                Lololololol! Face!

Now that I've had a good look at the trailer I can give a better opinion on the trailer. At the very begining it shows what looks like Leons jeep driving into the city so I take it he will be quite heavily involved in the story. I'm guessing he will have his own cutscenes how this will tie into the games story if he isnt a playable character is beyond me. I think the city looks amazing so far they have done a great job in capturing the original layout and not making it to Western. Zombies look pretty damn good there seems to be a good variety of different types like zombie buisness man, zombie casual, girl zombie and the classic zombie cop, Think I even spotted a zombie with shades on. Headshots! Nobody does them like RE love the exploding head footage.

I see melee attacks are in which I am unsure about. Could be really tacky which I hope they are not because sometimes they can spoil the mood of a game. But the head stomp looked great. Damn this game is going to be gory....Finally! You can see zombies eating flesh to which looks fucking brill in HD. Mr X looks as daunting as ever.

Love how the hoard of zombies look as they are stumbling towards you, looks very creepy specially with the surrounding atmosphere. Explosions look great to. At 0.50 does anyone think the guy getting shot in the head and dropping to the ground looks like Leon? Dont know but that was my first thought. My only fault with this game is the controls look abit clunky. If this is the case I hope Capcom sorts this out by release because this could be a very damn good game. If they dont I will still enjoy it but nowhere near as much. I think the controls are an essential part to any game and the ones with bad controls I wont give the time of day but since its RE I will play it but I want this game to do well so just sort that issue out and we are good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Reston View Post
                  No way dude. Haddad had way more emotion and seemed to make Leon much more human than the shallow one dimensional voice of Merceier.
                  Not sure if you've actually played RE4 or DSC, but Degeneration was the only time when you could really call Mercier's performance "one dimensional."

I think RE4 was Mercier's best performance, but DSC was a marked improvement over Degeneration. Though, really, I think that had more to do with the script and voice direction than anything else.

Originally posted by Reston View Post
                  I don't think he sounded anything like Waugh in RE UC.
                  That's because he was asked to do a soundalike of Peter Jessop, not Richard Waugh.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 03-30-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                    Not sure if you've actually played RE4 or DSC, but Degeneration was the only time when you could really call Mercier's performance "one dimensional."

I think RE4 was Mercier's best performance, but DSC was a marked improvement over Degeneration. Though, really, I think that had more to do with the script and voice direction than anything else.

That's because he was asked to do a soundalike of Peter Jessop, not Richard Waugh.
                    Yeah I played RE4 but I never played DSC. And I was responding to someone else who said he was supposed to sound like Richard Waugh.

Comment

This topic is full of some good laughs. I'll never understand why everyone hates Leon so much when the other male lead in the series is about as interesting as a piece of cardboard.

My guess is that the Leon hate stems mostly from his "I don't give a shit" attitude from RE4. Or maybe the hair, I don't know. His bomber jacket? Regardless, I find his character to be interesting, and no, RE4 wasn't my first game (been a proud fan since 1998). Besides, as far as some of the recent characters in the series go (read: characters from RE5), Leon's attitude is refreshing. He's far from my favorite character, but there's much worse; that's all I'm saying.

As for this game, based on what is known about the four USS members, I'd rather have the focus be on Leon. Faceless guy who can cloak himself like the Predator? Lame. Faceless guy who looks like a juggernaut from Modern Warfare 2? Lame. Faceless guy who looks like a droid from Star Wars? Lame. Faceless woman who looks like a Nazi SS chick from Wolfenstein? Lame.

Give me old-school HUNK look-a-likes or UBCS members any day over that.
                      Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 03-30-2011, 07:45 PM.
                      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

He's just getting the exposure now to attract the initial attentions and hype to this title. After they hooked the audience, they'll shift him to the backstage of the advertising and starts to introduce more of the actual characters & gameplay systems.

That's what I think.

and why is Leon driving a truck and not a police car?
                        Last edited by xfactor; 03-30-2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                          He's just getting the exposure now to attract the initial attentions and hype to this title. After they hooked the audience, they'll shift him to the backstage of the advertising and starts to introduce more of the actual characters & gameplay systems.

That's what I think.

Probably because he drove a jeep (which is what I believe that actually is) to town in RE2? The cop car wasn't used until after he met Claire.
                          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post

That's what I think.

Because this is a "parallel universe" according to Kawata.

Now my question is why the scans say this is canon?

Comment

Or what DarkMemories said... actually that makes sense.

Comment

Leon is somewhat like Pyramid Head. PH's exposure was to one game, and its not if people found him as a frightening character, but what his placement was. the fans love him, so his appearances increased through different media, taking away his uniqueness. after RE4, Leon gained a shit load of attention, and CAPCOM probably figures that if they use him, even if doesn't make any sense of his placement, some exposure to his character will help sell the title off.
                                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X