Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RPD Dispatch Episode 10 - April Fools

THIA Staff

In the 80 minute car ride from home to work and back home again (40 minutes each way), I lol'd the whole way. Thanks guys.

#07 Giant Moth

Oh my god, I was starting to think this would never come! Thank you so much guys, I'm gonna download now and I really can't wait to listen. I find this just as exciting as all the other recent Resident Evil news.

I really do hope you can all do more on a regular basis again, and its good to hear everything is working out for you now Dot. It's gonna be great hearing all your voices again I must have listened to all of the previous episodes at least 3 times.

EDIT: Will this be on iTunes?
    Last edited by IllGiveYouStars; 04-03-2011 at 06:46 PM.

War Horse Uranium

Yeah, Im trying to sort out the RSS feed which broke when I tried to update it. Still no work around unfortunately.

Banned

Great stuff, loved the Southern dad phoning to cancel Xbox. Wish you had the original recording. How could you control yourself from bursting into laughter Dot? I would probably prefer to hear your opinions on Zero but Silent Hill would be awesome to so either way. Would like to hear your opinions on all the upcoming RE stuff. You got Revelations, Mercs, Racoon City, Damnation, Re4 and Code Port and Re Begins to discuss. Lots to talk about.

Resident 1.5 Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonElder View Post
    Great stuff, loved the Southern dad phoning to cancel Xbox. Wish you had the original recording.
    Trust me, it was hilarious. It was so over the top I'm surprised the rep was taking it seriously. It's too bad the call center closed before we finished.

Samus' walls.... xD

I really wanted to hear more past the 1h 40min mark...but oh well.

Finally!!! I almost lost hope, but you did it) great work. Downloading now. And it's awesome that you brought all the gang together again))
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Savior of the Red Herb

This would be awesome if it was... yknow, about RE0.

I stopped as soon as you mentioned it was April Fool's because I was assuming the joke would be you say that's the end, do some credits, then say April Fool's and get to it for real. Guess not. Maybe we'll get a real podcast sometime.
    Ya got me good.
    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 04-04-2011 at 04:50 PM.

#07 Giant Moth

Is it supposed to cut off at the end? Mine is 1:40:56 in length and cuts off as Dot's saying "Yeah, Code Vero-". The length seems right but it just seems odd how it ends.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Alzaire View Post
    Trust me, it was hilarious. It was so over the top I'm surprised the rep was taking it seriously. It's too bad the call center closed before we finished.
    Best part was whenever Dot50Cal was "yelling" at you to find his this and that everytime they asked for stuff you hadn't already posted in the chat for him to use during the call (e-mails, VISA digits, address info, etc.)

War Horse Uranium

Quote Originally Posted by IllGiveYouStars View Post
    Is it supposed to cut off at the end? Mine is 1:40:56 in length and cuts off as Dot's saying "Yeah, Code Vero-". The length seems right but it just seems odd how it ends.
    Yeah, unfortunately when we did that, our conversation recording was limited and it cut off. We stopped soon after though, I believe.

great podcast loved the skit about andy going around fixing the inconsistencies. would love to hear a episode on what you guys think about the whole onimusha series. looking forward to more in the future. At the risk of a ban i loved dino crisis 2 and even 3 "dinos in space" wasn't that bad. The first one is a bit strange the puzzle solutions don't make much sense. keep up the great work

For British Eyes Only

The southern father bit was indeed amazing but the best part for me was Carn singing Pray.

#07 Giant Moth

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately when we did that, our conversation recording was limited and it cut off. We stopped soon after though, I believe.
    Ah I see. It's no problem, I just thought I'd ask in case it hadn't downloaded properly and I was missing some of it.

Great work as always, very funny. The "urgent" phone message I hope if you get round to doing more podcasts, you can discuss the news and maybe a game again, I'd love to hear your thoughts on all the recent Resident Evil announcements and such.

HER WALLLLLS!!!!!!
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

War Horse Uranium

I'm working on the RSS feed right now. I also fixed the mp3 because it didn't have tags or anything on it, so if you were in the middle of downloading it during the past 10 min, sorry! It should be done uploading in 3 minutes.

Mr. Jolly

A thing I'd suggest, and always have been curious. Can you guys on the podcast please discuss what and why Chris is doing in here?
    Last edited by Zombie Fred; 04-05-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Mad Jackal

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.
    I'm really looking forward to doing these full time. I've got a couple of skit ideas that I'd like to do still.

For anyone who's curious - here's the full Wesker rap lyrics. I've put it in spoiler tags because it's LOOONG.
    It was pretty much us fucking around in the call, and Dot dared me to do it - so I did. He mixed the beats (ie. stole them from youtube).

Original author is 'I won this game', from Project Umbrella.
    I've never spoken to him. I hope he's a cool guy, and doesn't mind that I performed it.
    Lyrics reproduced here without permission.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-05-2011 at 07:00 AM.

#30 Birkin Type 2 Rancid Cheese's Avatar
    Scotland, where you wish you were from . . .

Damn that is long. Kudos on this podcast guys, that Samus fanfic will haunt me for some time. I need to go listen to all the previous ones again . . .

Also regarding Silent Hill and Zero, as much I really enjoyed Zero I'm gonna vote for SH for a change. I'm more interested to hear your recollections of the first time you played it, what affect it had, your interpretation of it etc rather than the overall disinterested response Zero seemed to get . . .

EDIT:
    A worrying thought here, how many fanfics did you read until you got to the now infamous Samus one?!
    Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 04-11-2011 at 08:52 PM.

The Emissary

What was that reading about Project Umbrella? Someone's been propagating lies!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information