Resident Evil Movie Franchise Rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Movie Franchise Rebooting

It seems like Sony Screen Gems are giving the Resident Evil movie franchise a reboot with the next movie titled "Resident Evil : Begins". The movie will still feature Milla Jovovich, but she will take a secondary role to Sienna Guillory returning as Jill Valentine. The story will focus on the initial viral outbreak on Raccoon City and will feature a non-super human Alice character. More on this reboot can be read at the link below.

Resident Evil : Begins

So my question is, what the fuck? They lead everyone up to this point where Jill is going to be the enemy and now they want a goddamn reboot what the hell? Haha. Oh well, maybe Anderson can keep his fucking hands off it and we can have something more worthwhile to deal with?

Comment

late April fools joke? because if not o_O
      Spoiler:

Comment

The likely answer is they probably didn't know how the fuck to proceed with the story as they left it, the "main" villain was a non threat, Jill had a device on similar to what Claire had that Alice single handedly removed off of her off-screen.. leaving Jill little to no chance of not suffering the same fate ..

and the entire world was fucked already. They couldn't have more NPC deaths ..
        Last edited by A-J; 04-02-2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I feel like this is a April Fool's joke. Regardless, I don't really care whether or not the series gets a "reboot" (I fucking hate that term, by the way). At the ripe, old age of 21, I think I've finally realized that I have no desire to see Resident Evil translated into films.

Comment

well technically it's not a reboot but a prequel, but still o_O
            Spoiler:

Comment

Maybe we can get something more palpable instead of the garbage truck juice that we have now? I won't hold my breath, but if Anderson has anything to do with it I think I'll finally pass on watching this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                well technically it's not a reboot but a prequel, but still o_O
                The description is all kinds of fucked .. Alice is pretty much super human the instant she awakes in Apocalypse right ? So that doesn't really leave much room time-wise where she is awake and in Raccoon and Jill is still prancing around.

I'll love to see if/how they throw in any sort of continuity with Apocalypse (hoping for too much I know).

Comment

I actually find this news very interesting. I'm glad to see that Alice is no longer the main lead, and that Jill is now (it should've been that way to begin with). But really, if they are doing a reboot, why not just be done with Alice? I never found her character interesting to begin with.

But just because it is a prequel doesn't mean that they don't plan to continue the events after Afterlife. Much like Metal Gear Solid 3 was a prequel before they continued on with MGS4. Although it does seem unlikely that a sequel to Afterlife is going to happen. I think they are done there.

We'll have to wait to see more. I hope this movie winds up being a better version of Apocalypse, or a better first movie with the Mansion Incident.
                  Last edited by RetroRain; 04-02-2011, 12:58 PM.
                  My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                  ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

check out it. Bloody Disgusting knew about this almost 2 years ago while Afterlife was still in production. yeah seriously, what the hell. i did a google search and there it is, an article from September of 09. haha.
                    Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Most likely an April Fools joke, check the date. Besides the Begins thing was always a rumour, that logo on the recent artcile was fake.

Comment

The end of the world can't come soon enough. -__-..
                        sigpic

Comment

its hard telling whether this is an april fools, even a late one, or not.

the film font is the same color as the first one, which means someone probably just did some photobucket shit to it, or the color is to show this does indeed happen before the first. Sony confirmed for a fifth film and sienna guillory coming back as well.
                          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

I feel like this is an April Fools joke, especially with the 2 year old Bloody Disgusting report giving them the title

Comment

April fools joke, obviously.

If not. I will remain skeptical. But that sounds better than the alternative. It seems that everyone is finally getting a hint. Raccoon City is the foundation for Resi.

Comment

Working...
                              X