Capcom Talks On Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D/Revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
    Put every character in the game shirtless and it will get a 10/10.
    Nothing says loving like evil fat overweight taxidermy rapist Brian Irons!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
      Nothing says loving like evil fat overweight taxidermy rapist Brian Irons!
      Only if in one of his melees he shouts "Everyone's gonna die!"
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

rebecca confirmed: http://pixazura.com/news/3ds.php?id=977

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
          Ooh nice. Glad to see Rebecca getting more love, albeit a Mercs title.

Comment

It's nice to see that the Regenerators in Revelations don't crumble away into nothing when they die. They brought back the old style of enemies dying, thank god! The body remains, and a pool of blood forms underneath!
            Last edited by RetroRain; 04-08-2011, 12:32 AM.
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

so..Revelations combat is always first person then?O.o

Comment

That would suck, but I heard Mercenaries has the option to change between both aiming styles, so there is a chance that Capcom has or will add the same thing to Revelations.
                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
                  Ooh nice. Glad to see Rebecca getting more love, albeit a Mercs title.
                  Not a surprise really. They already used her in RE5, so technically shes a finished character. They just have to copy and paste her into the 3DS version.

If they toss in Barry for this then its a sure sign they aren't taking fans seriously. I Know Barry is a popular character and all, but hes also in RE5 and all they have to do is copy and past him into this version, just like they did with Rebecca.

I wouldn't mind having him in it and all, but not for the initial release. Rather have them toss in Tofu for now, just because he hasn't been used as a character in the later mercenary mode games.
                  Last edited by Wrathborne; 04-08-2011, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                    so..Revelations combat is always first person then?O.o
                    Not necessarily. Everything we've seen so far has been, but there was a point where Mercs 3D was the same and that's recently been rectified.

We've only got that one demo of Revelations so far, i'm sure it's something that'll likely change by the time it's out, particularly if feedback about it is strong for Mercs 3D.

Comment

I didn't mind the first person so much when I played Mercs at Pax. My only issue was the demo wasn't inverted.

Comment

The following information comes from a Nintendo Power interview with Capcom's Masachika Kawata...

Speaking of development, and more info at E3:

"It''s going really well. Because the game is huge it's a lot of hard work, but when the weather gets a little warmer, we should be able to show more of it."

Speaking of direct sequel:

"Unlike Mercenaries, which is all about shooting action, Revelations is all about survival horror, the very genre Resident Evil established. We actually think of Revelations as a direct sequel to Resident Evil 5 and it will be full of new, innovative ideas and characters."

Speaking about Mercenaries hopefully becoming a franchise itself, and DLC:

"Should the Mercenaries establish itself as a franchise as we hope, we'll be looking into expanding the game through DLC, though of course we'd have to consult Nintendo regarding the specifics."
                        Revelation is a sequel to RE5

Comment

Despite being set between RE4 and RE5.

Comment

Maybe they've changed that since they said it? Would be nice, but most likely a screw up in translation/misunderstanding.

Comment

SHENANNIGANS!

Comment

They probably mean that it's a sequel to RE5 in the same sense that Hideo Kojima said Peace Walker was essentially the sequel to MGS4.

Even though it's not a numbered entry, and is actually set before RE5, it carries all the weight of a full-fledged, numbered, console title, much like CODE: Veronica.
                                Last edited by Archelon; 04-11-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X