Capcom Talks On Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D/Revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom Talks On Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D/Revelations

The following comes from a Nintendo Power interview with Capcom's Masachika Kawata, series producer...

- decision to make The Mercenaries came after Revelations was underway, in order to provide a more conventional experience
    - the experience the team had creating large multi-dimensional maps and displaying many characters on screen at once helped to positively influence Revelations
    - characters chosen based on popularity with fans
    - some old music from the series in addition to new stuff
    - if Mercenaries establishes itself as a franchise, DLC is possible, though they'd have to consult Nintendo regarding the specifics
    - didn't have to hold back on graphics, developed it as a full-calibur title as they would for an HD console (anti-aliasing in 2D mode)
    - was a challenge to balance the level of 3D so that it wasn't too taxing on players over long periods of time
    - feels Nintendo is more aware of third parties and each of their specialties with 3DS, which has led to a wider respresentation of genres
    - skill system features progression - 3 grades per skill
    - medal system
    - hints at something else in the game to enhance replayability
    - Revelations coming along nicely, game is 'huge,' will be full of new ideas and characters

GoNintendo

Also, a couple more details has been revealed/leaked on Amazon listing for the title.
    - 8 playable characters with at least 1 change of costume
    - 2 different game modes (Scene Attack & Survival)
    - 30 missions over 12 stages

Amazon
    Last edited by xfactor; 04-03-2011, 05:34 AM.

I want a kart racing minigame

Comment

Damn..

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
      I want a kart racing minigame
      Yes. Yes times a thousand.

- 30 game modes over 12 stages
      What's the difference between the 2 game modes and the 30 game modes?
      Last edited by PracticalAl; 04-02-2011, 09:58 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

this is some nice info. Thanks.

I'm excited to see the final product for Mercs 3D....but Revelations is getting me excited more and more. I heard a rumor it may have been delayed to 2012, don't have the website link on hand, but it was Destructiod I think that dropped that info.

Comment

Not Really a Rumor, Capcom's Resident evil Facebook page is the source
          well, I wasn't expecting revelations to be released this year. but I'm Excited for it more than Merc.
          mercenaries will just help me wait for Revelation
          Last edited by Zero38; 04-02-2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Exactly, I hope it has a decent multiplayer on it though. Mercs that is

Comment

8 characters? If memory serves me right:

*characters in bold were unofficially confirmed via tease a while back

Claire

RE5 + Gold Edition
              Chris
              Sheva
              Jill
              Wesker
              Josh
              Excella
              Barry
              Rebecca

RE4
              Leon
              Ada
              Jack
              Wesker
              Hunk

The list coupled with the information from Nintendo Power- that's our 8. Leon as DLC = $$$.
              Last edited by let me live; 04-02-2011, 10:36 PM.
              REALDEMO

Comment

I hope they don't nerf the gore in this game like they did in RE5.

I always found the variety ofplayer deaths in the RE series hilarious, but RE5 kind of PG-13'd all that but kept the gore for the enemies which...was really just strange.

Comment

If they put Barry and Rebecca in this and don't include Ada I will be returning this turd for a refund.

Comment

Just 8 charas???

Well, that's a bit of a dissapointment. If I remember well somewhere capcom said there'll be a many characters, taking in mind that there was going to be unlockables characters...

If Mercenaries includes just 8 characters.
                    +Chris
                    +Jill
                    +Claire
                    +Wesker
                    +HUNK
                    +JAck
                    +Barry
                    +Rebecca

Weird that Capcom didnt include Leon this time...

Comment

I like the update on Revelations. To me it sounds like the "Code Veronica" of this generation, in terms of how long the game might be and it not being a numbered (but important) but important title.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                        I hope this means that each "costume" has a different weapon/items layout, just like in RE5. But yeah, it sucks that they're not at least including all RE4 and RE5 + Gold characters :/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          I hope this means that each "costume" has a different weapon/items layout, just like in RE5. But yeah, it sucks that they're not at least including all RE4 and RE5 + Gold characters :/
                          I think Capcom stated you could tailor you own item sets. That way if you wanted to play as a certain character you didn't have to play with weapons you don't like.

Comment

I think this pretty much confirms Leon. Maybe he'll be unlockable, maybe he'll be DLC, but there's no way they'd fail to include him based on this statement. Probably the same for Ada, too.

- some old music from the series in addition to new stuff
                            Nice. I must say, though, although I dislike the gameplay, the music in The Mercenaries (RE4 & RE5) was always pretty solid.

- Revelations coming along nicely, game is 'huge,' will be full of new ideas and characters
                            Now this is more up my alley!

Also, a couple more details has been revealed/leaked on Amazon listing for the title.
                            - 30 missions over 12 stages
                            I am skeptical about this; see my previous comments about character popularity and Leon. Amazon has been known to be wrong in the past, although in my experience it's usually just incorrect release dates.
                            Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 04-03-2011, 11:21 AM.
                            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

I'm not too worried about the 8 playable characters thing if it's true. There can always be DLC, but as it stands I think 8 is a pretty good starting number. Not too little, not too much.

I'm curious as too what Scene Attack is though. I'm glad to hear about multiple modes. Perhaps versus will make a return.

Comment

Working...
                              X