Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 14 - What do you want us to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ No that honor goes to Gaiden and Gun Survivor, I wish they'd remake Gun Survivor for the Wii, the ps1 version is crap and the textures are blurred / pixelated to buggerg it's got to be one of the worse looking ps1 titles their is, Imagine if RE1 had been a gun game like the proposed concept art.
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-06-2011, 05:02 AM.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
      ^ No that honor goes to Gaiden and Gun Survivor, I wish they'd remake Gun Survivor for the Wii, the ps1 version is crap and the textures are blurred / pixelated to buggerg it's got to be one of the worse looking ps1 titles their is, Imagine if RE1 had been a gun game like the proposed concept art.
      You never played Deathtrap Dungeon.....but I have, and I can't un-remember it

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
        ^ No that honor goes to Gaiden and Gun Survivor,
        I meant among the main numbered RE games. Never played any of the spin-offs.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
          You never played Deathtrap Dungeon.....but I have, and I can't un-remember it
          I've still got it along with KB poster
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I voted for RE0, but only because I haven't got round to playing the original Silent Hill yet. I've only played SH2 and that was fairly recently, but I will get round to playing SH1 and would still like to hear you discuss it. Looks like it was a tie until I added my vote sorry to Team Silent Hill.

Comment

Hey i'd like to hear a podcast about the different strategy guides. My favorite publisher was brady games, for re3 they had a whole section of stuff that was also in 2 pretty cool

Comment

Hey my bad just went to look for the guide its by versus books

Has about ten segments called "resident evil 3 wacky fun land"

part one: resident evil 2 flashback
                continuity checks for marvin and brad as well as a small section on a few areas that appear in both games

part two: street sign insanity part one
                highlights some of the more prominent signs that recur throughout game play
                "otom for u..s.s"
                "riverwide"
                "omothsdy: science, muscl, cognition"
                "Mo'Money"

part three: raccoon city street graffitti
                some of the funnier recurring graffitti
                "nightpee"
                "above the rim"
                "kill 'em all"
                "give me my PC Back"
                "...of Dr Hunter"
                "Whee"

Part four: street sign insanity part two
                more strange signs including a couple of plaques viewed in mirrors
                the bronze book plaque says "dog walkers and owners must remove dog excretement"
                another plaque near the fountain turns out to be a ww2 memorial "Don M. Joe RC US Navy, Navy WW2 1920-1984"
                In the alley near the bar we also have a "baerbaer" shop but the old letter where the e is part of the a
                and also a "shoue" store

part five: how to protect your community
                talks about the amount of no smoking signs in the game(the series really)
                as well as the amount of anti-bicycle parking signs.
                talks about the dirty mayor.
                and also wonders why wesker still has a desk in the police station nearly two months after he betrays and murders his team mates at the mansion.

part six: Raccoon City: Discovered at last
                uses road signs from intro as well various phone numbers on billboards to pinpoint raccoon city in.... you guessed it Manhattan based on the 212 area codes found

part seven: street sign insanity part three
                some of the soda machines say "juicy Raccoon" sound like a great soda
                Stagla gas only 125 a gallon no decimal
                an ad for "cool pizza"
                the first line on the newspaper building shutter unlock is "food toys"

part eight: Hooray for Umbrella! An editorial
                talks about how much umbrella has done for the community like
                "progressive hiring practices all races and nationality the sillier the accent the better"
                great products like aqua cure "escape to ecstasy"
                keeps disadvantaged mercenaries off the street
                and their community funding supported not one but two catholic student centers

part nine: Another Shocking Revelation!
                Compares Nemesis and Sagat from the street fighter series
                shows different pieces of official capcom art including two where both of them are gripping their victims heads.
                also they both have attacks where the right hand kinda glows in sagats case and bubbles in nemesis case
                they both are missing their right eye
                and they both have a similar grab and hold by the head move
                five sets of photos convinced me lots of similarities

and the last one is mini one called "Paracelsus Who"
                A sixteenth century alchemist and chemist who eventually became a medical practitioner who did some innovations but was also accused of charlatanism and superstition.

well that's it. really a cool guide don't know if this was the proper forum to post this but there it is thought the community might like it.
                it also came with a pretty cool foldout poster of nemesis holding Brad by the head in front of some police cars

thought nemesis lover might like to hear about it

Comment

Do both Zero and Silent Hill, Its your comeback show so make it epic.

Comment

Resident Evil 0 gets my vote.

I LOVED SH2 and like the series but Resi is the true king of survival horror, maybe not these days but the original series still cannot be beat.

Comment

I say go for RE0, it'd be great to finally hear your genuine thoughts on it and to get the equivalent of "RPD Dispatch Forever" up for everyone to hear.

Plus it'd work for better consistency with focusing on RE games for your earlier episodes. That way you can take a reprieve and focus on SH for a bit if you guys wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                        Do both Zero and Silent Hill, Its your comeback show so make it epic.
                        Second.
                        sigpic

Comment

As much as I'd like to have us do both, I feel it would take away from one or the other. The people have decided though, Resident Evil 0 it is. Gents, I suspect you all have this to play? If anyone doesn't, let me know and maybe we can have you sit this one out (unless you think you can bring something to the table).

Rombie
                          TheSelfishGene
                          Alzaire
                          Carnivol
                          Wayne
                          Mr Spencer

Guys?

Comment

I'm in I suppose. hmmm
                            Last edited by Alzaire; 04-14-2011, 10:35 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll set a tentative date: June. I'll be moving May 1stish (if all goes well) and once I'm there I can setup the podcast station again and start playing RE0. I already have my notes from reading SD Perry's book so that may be interesting to talk about as well.

Comment

I'm in. I'll be playing it on Gamecube.

EDIT: I can also play the JP trial edition through too if you guys want to discuss that.
                                Dot, you can play the N64 vesion.
                                Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-15-2011, 03:50 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X